LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

2013 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Well its pretty hard to find negatives in a coach that has taken us from bottom of the barrel to playing in championship games and super bowls in his first two years and also getting coach of the year.. Or to find faults in a gm who in his first year won GM of the Year. I mean look at what Baalke has done 2011 was a grandslam draft.

Aldon smith
Kaepernick
Culliver
Hunter
Kilgore
B Miller

and 2013 is shaping up to be an incredible draft as well that should set us up for years

Reid
Carradine
Mcdonald
Lemonier
Lattimore
Patton
and then theres guys like Dial and Moody and Daniels who can add great depth to our team

not to mention all the FAs he has hauled in and all the salary restructures he has done with Paraag

if he misses with Jenkins i can live with that, it will be sad but Baalke has done too many other good things. Now if Jenkins turns it around then 2012 wont be so bad with him and LMJ, Looney, C Johnson and Fleming possibly adding mroe depth

I don't get it man. Why do you have to take it so personally ? Is anyone saying Baalke and Harbaugh are crap ? Noone is finding faults, they are human beings and people do make mistakes from time to time. All we are saying here is, Jenkins is a fxxked up pick, admit it, rectify it by picking a proper top receiver next draft that's all.

? LOL how am i taking it personal? Just pointing out that Baalke has hit a home run and looks to be hitting another home run this year
Well its pretty hard to find negatives in a coach that has taken us from bottom of the barrel to playing in championship games and super bowls in his first two years and also getting coach of the year.. Or to find faults in a gm who in his first year won GM of the Year. I mean look at what Baalke has done 2011 was a grandslam draft.

Aldon smith
Kaepernick
Culliver
Hunter
Kilgore
B Miller

and 2013 is shaping up to be an incredible draft as well that should set us up for years

Reid
Carradine
Mcdonald
Lemonier
Lattimore
Patton
and then theres guys like Dial and Moody and Daniels who can add great depth to our team

not to mention all the FAs he has hauled in and all the salary restructures he has done with Paraag

if he misses with Jenkins i can live with that, it will be sad but Baalke has done too many other good things. Now if Jenkins turns it around then 2012 wont be so bad with him and LMJ, Looney, C Johnson and Fleming possibly adding mroe depth

I don't get it man. Why do you have to take it so personally ? Is anyone saying Baalke and Harbaugh are crap ? Noone is finding faults, they are human beings and people do make mistakes from time to time. All we are saying here is, Jenkins is a fxxked up pick, admit it, rectify it by picking a proper top receiver next draft that's all.

? LOL how am i taking it personal? Just pointing out that Baalke has hit a home run and looks to be hitting another home run this year

Originally posted by gold49er2183:

Aldon smith
Kaepernick
Culliver
Hunter
Kilgore
B Miller

Reid
Carradine
Mcdonald
Lemonier
Lattimore
Patton

At least Baalke isn't Millen.

This is Jenkins year to either show up,or,cut the losses and move on.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
remember when we were laughing at seahawks cuz we supposedly made them bite on Irvin? I'd take that PED user right now lol

LOL.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
I can't agree more !! Is like if anyone says anything slightly negative about Baalke or Harbaugh he will get slammed here. Honestly speaking, I think sometimes they really get too cute with their picks. Let's face it, Jenkins was a complete waste of a 1st round pick.

you are not a real fan. You would rather have nolan back here, you would rather have jimmy ray back here. you should be on your hands and knees drinking their bathwater. anything less, you are just a non fan and troll. Look at where we were before they came and you dare speak poorly of them. Look at our offense before roman came and you dare yell at him, just because he went full retard at various times including on the biggest stage of them all when even jimmy ray(whom you want back) knew to run the ball when you got the best running game and run blocking game in the nfl

No, no you misunderstood what I said. All I am saying is if anyone says things like it looks like Baalke and Harbaugh might have made a mistake here on Jenkins, you are going to get slammed by a bunch of people here. Noone is saying Baalke and Harbaugh are crap, but in this case with Jenkins it was the wrong pick. Mike Nolan ? No way, I still haven't forgiven him for picking Alex Smith.

So the verdict is in on Jenkins then? haha
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Yes. Anything short of finding the next Megatron will be a failure. We should also let Crabtree walk because while he's a top ten receiver in this league, he's not a top three receiver that we are in desperate need of.

Now you are just being argumentative. The point is about picking a better receiver and not some AJ Jenkins. Is that too much to ask for ? LOL.
Yes. Anything short of finding the next Megatron will be a failure. We should also let Crabtree walk because while he's a top ten receiver in this league, he's not a top three receiver that we are in desperate need of.

With Crabtree it will be more of a dollars and cents thing. The dollars he will want will likely not make cents. We have two or three considerable pieces to the puzzle that are simply more valuable and more expensive to sign to extensions. Kap, Aldon, Iupati. The first two have the potential to set record contracts. If Aldon has another record chasing season he is going to rightfully cost a fortune. Crabtree is simply expendable, and its pretty clear that Baalkie does not value WR like he does other positions IMO. Thats pretty clear by how he has decided to address the position since he has been in charge.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Jenkins is a fxxked up pick, admit it

Let's face it, Jenkins was a complete waste of a 1st round pick.

Yeah, you sound like you haven't made up your mind or anything.

LOL. Hey, are you related to AJ Jenkins by any chance ?

Looks like you did a tonne of work in carving up my reply there. LOL.

OK, let me just reiterate, like I said, I don't like what I am seeing to date. If he proves me wrong then fine, I am all for it cos it would mean we would have a great WR. And as far as I am concerned, I will make my final conclusion after the 4 preseason games. But, hey that's just me.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
I can't agree more !! Is like if anyone says anything slightly negative about Baalke or Harbaugh he will get slammed here. Honestly speaking, I think sometimes they really get too cute with their picks. Let's face it, Jenkins was a complete waste of a 1st round pick.

you are not a real fan. You would rather have nolan back here, you would rather have jimmy ray back here. you should be on your hands and knees drinking their bathwater. anything less, you are just a non fan and troll. Look at where we were before they came and you dare speak poorly of them. Look at our offense before roman came and you dare yell at him, just because he went full retard at various times including on the biggest stage of them all when even jimmy ray(whom you want back) knew to run the ball when you got the best running game and run blocking game in the nfl

No, no you misunderstood what I said. All I am saying is if anyone says things like it looks like Baalke and Harbaugh might have made a mistake here on Jenkins, you are going to get slammed by a bunch of people here. Noone is saying Baalke and Harbaugh are crap, but in this case with Jenkins it was the wrong pick. Mike Nolan ? No way, I still haven't forgiven him for picking Alex Smith.
sorry,, i guess you did not get my sarcasm i was actually agreeing with you as some people here tend to get a little out of sorts if we are critical of the coach and front office. I agree with you,, we can fully support and be very grateful for what they have done but that does not mean they are not immune to what some posters feel are legit concerns

1. The verdict is not in on Jenkins. Let's at least wait to see what he does in pre-season games.

2. Do the Patriots, Packers or Giants have a "Megatron?" How about the Saints?

3. Prediction: all those who clamor every year for the Niners to take the best receiver in the draft with their first pick are going to be disappointed next year. They'll be taking one of the best corners in the first round next draft.
Hey

How long did it take to get Crabby going? I know it took him awhile.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Now you are just being argumentative. The point is about picking a better receiver and not some AJ Jenkins. Is that too much to ask for ? LOL.

Yes, I'm arguing that your expectations are ridiculous.
i think we all agree to give the kid at least through the pre season. I guess we are just a little emotional on this since he was a first round pick and with the injury of crabs, we are just wanting to hear how SOMEONE is clearly taking over the second spot. amp is right cuz it is early but at the same time you also have to understand those who are getting impatient with jenkins
Originally posted by GNielsen:
1. The verdict is not in on Jenkins. Let's at least wait to see what he does in pre-season games.

2. Do the Patriots, Packers or Giants have a "Megatron?" How about the Saints?

3. Prediction: all those who clamor every year for the Niners to take the best receiver in the draft with their first pick are going to be disappointed next year. They'll be taking one of the best corners in the first round next draft.

Well done post!!!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Yes, I'm arguing that your expectations are ridiculous.

If that the case, then I think you are being ridiculous in being so defensive on AJ Jenkins.

Or let's just call it a difference in opinion and just leave it at that.
Share 49ersWebzone