There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

^^^
Lol. 3 out 4 ain't bad.!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,597
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by fister30:
Does anybody have video of lemonier from last game?

Man did he look impressive or what

Frisco, he played mostly RE in the 4-2. He saw most of his action in the 2nd-3rd qtr. He dropped back into coverage and he moved very smooth. The sample size was very small but his hips look fluid and he's fast. I think his ability to drop into coverage could be very valuable tool. The most obvious observations are his speed off the snap. He has great speed on the edge and the footwork to turn the corner. He didn't try to cut inside from what I could tell. I think this is because of his inability to shed blockers. This became obvious on running downs. He wasn't washed out of every running play. In fact when the line motioned his way he was able to stay on his gap but he just doesn't rip off and make the tackle. Tomsula will handle this. It's all about technique with Lemonier because he has all the potential. Very encouraging.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by fister30:
Does anybody have video of lemonier from last game?

Man did he look impressive or what

Frisco, he played mostly RE in the 4-2. He saw most of his action in the 2nd-3rd qtr. He dropped back into coverage and he moved very smooth. The sample size was very small but his hips look fluid and he's fast. I think his ability to drop into coverage could be very valuable tool. The most obvious observations are his speed off the snap. He has great speed on the edge and the footwork to turn the corner. He didn't try to cut inside from what I could tell. I think this is because of his inability to shed blockers. This became obvious on running downs. He wasn't washed out of every running play. In fact when the line motioned his way he was able to stay on his gap but he just doesn't rip off and make the tackle. Tomsula will handle this. It's all about technique with Lemonier because he has all the potential. Very encouraging.

He kind of reminded me of a bigger Manny Lawson but with actual pass rushing ability. Regardless, our front 7 will be beastly and actually have depth.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Yea, Vernon is a complete beast. He might not be the biggest guy around, but heck there is a lot of power in that package. Do you remember when he went on Sports Science ? Man, he is not just strong, he is frigging explosive too. This dude is my favourite 9er !!


Ya i remember watching this hes also my favorite Niner but the video that really impressed me was the combine video of him before the draft i had never seen a tight end like that before i was hoping the niners would draft him and glad they did,
Originally posted by 5280High:
He kind of reminded me of a bigger Manny Lawson but with actual pass rushing ability. Regardless, our front 7 will be beastly and actually have depth.

Indeed we will. I think the depth will count most when there's a third wr on the field. We have a legitimate pass rusher to spell brooks. When Carradine comes back he can rotate with aldon because Carradine essentially did the same thing at flo st. Not to mention Dorsey next to either McDonald of Justin is going to be a fruitful combination. Very excited about the front 7.
Michael Thomas got that fire! Hope he makes the team.
How odd that two safties got into a fight. Usually skirmishes are between an offensive and defensive guy going too hard in practice.
Originally posted by thl408:
How odd that two safties got into a fight. Usually skirmishes are between an offensive and defensive guy going too hard in practice.

That is kind of weird, I wonder what sparked it
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by 5280High:
He kind of reminded me of a bigger Manny Lawson but with actual pass rushing ability. Regardless, our front 7 will be beastly and actually have depth.

Indeed we will. I think the depth will count most when there's a third wr on the field. We have a legitimate pass rusher to spell brooks. When Carradine comes back he can rotate with aldon because Carradine essentially did the same thing at flo st. Not to mention Dorsey next to either McDonald of Justin is going to be a fruitful combination. Very excited about the front 7.

Dorsey? You mean Ian right? Because it has been Ian Williams who has been lighting it up.
Apparently, Spillman isn't practicing with the starters; Reid is. So maybe he was just upset to begin with.

Vernon sure seems to have changed a lot over the years.
God that sports science clip of Vernon punking that guy is a hoot. Hilarious. But on topic, what about Harbaugh doing a swan dive into the pile? That's priceless.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
That is kind of weird, I wonder what sparked it

They got in a fight over who was supposed to intercept the Colt McCoy floater.

maybe
Originally posted by Raul98:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Yea, Vernon is a complete beast. He might not be the biggest guy around, but heck there is a lot of power in that package. Do you remember when he went on Sports Science ? Man, he is not just strong, he is frigging explosive too. This dude is my favourite 9er !!


Ya i remember watching this hes also my favorite Niner but the video that really impressed me was the combine video of him before the draft i had never seen a tight end like that before i was hoping the niners would draft him and glad they did,

they're not even trying to resist
Originally posted by GNielsen:
God that sports science clip of Vernon punking that guy is a hoot. Hilarious. But on topic, what about Harbaugh doing a swan dive into the pile? That's priceless.


Wish there was a clip of that on YouTube. Damn ! LOL.