LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

2013 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PineNut:
Here is what I like to hear...
Quarterback Colin Kaepernick drove in a deep seam route to tight end Vernon Davis against the coverage of linebacker Nick Moody and safety Donte Whitner on the first play of team drills.

"Colin has come a long way. Last year, when he first got the starting job, we'd be back at practice and he'd just keep overthrowing me," said Davis said, who caught a team-high seven passes during 11-on-11 work. "I'd be running as fast as I possibly could, and Colin just kept overthrowing me.

"Now, we get out there and it's like night and day. He's putting balls right there. Man, he's come a long way. I'm very impressed with Colin right now."

Here is what I don't like to hear...
In all, nine wide receivers caught passes in team drills, including rookie Quinton Patton, who made two one-handed receptions. Seventeen different players caught a total of 46 receptions during the 11-on-11 portions of practice.

The only receivers who did not catch passes were Lavelle Hawkins and A.J. Jenkins. Hawkins had a reception for the scout-team offense in a 7-on-7 drill. Jenkins, who appeared to take fewer reps than he did during the first two weeks of practices, did not catch a pass on the day. He caught only one pass in Sunday's practice.

Especially considering Patton had two one-hand catches (I like) while Jenkins had none??

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-49ers/49ers-camp-report-davis-shines-jenkins-held-without-catch

Originally posted by PineNut:

Especially considering Patton had two one-hand catches (I like) while Jenkins had none??

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-49ers/49ers-camp-report-davis-shines-jenkins-held-without-catch

I think Patton might have more one-handed catches in training camp than Jenkins has catches.
Love it! They should make these receivers do lots of 1 handed catch drills. I did this for years, and in a deserted, barely lit parking lot. It can really improve the hand-eye coordination and make catching with two hands all the easier.
Originally posted by Scoots:
When the heck is Patton's finger going to get right?

Moore, Hall, Patton, and Lockette were already ahead of Jenkins, now Collie and Osgood are passing him too.

Patton: "i want to finger bang bang you every night"
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by Scoots:
When the heck is Patton's finger going to get right?

Moore, Hall, Patton, and Lockette were already ahead of Jenkins, now Collie and Osgood are passing him too.

Patton: "i want to finger bang bang you every night"

i really like moore and patton as future niners recievers. I think our future is Q, crabtree, manningham, moore, and patton
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Love it! They should make these receivers do lots of 1 handed catch drills. I did this for years, and in a deserted, barely lit parking lot. It can really improve the hand-eye coordination and make catching with two hands all the easier.

The ladies love it and that's all that matters
As long as no one is in here getting excited about friggin' Chuck Jacobs, please carry on.

#preseasonhilarity
Is it a late practice today?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

Bounce-back practice from A.J. Jenkins. TE MarQueis Gray, and WRs Kyle Williams and Austin Collie with nice days, too. Camp Report upcoming.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Bounce-back practice from A.J. Jenkins. TE MarQueis Gray, and WRs Kyle Williams and Austin Collie with nice days, too. Camp Report upcoming.
Like Roman said, its just a matter of consistency with AJ. I've seen him make some really nice catches and moves last preseason. In fact, he looked like he could of played last year based on what I saw. That's why I was surprised when he didn't see the field at all last year.

that's good to hear
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:

Like Roman said, its just a matter of consistency with AJ. I've seen him make some really nice catches and moves last preseason. In fact, he looked like he could of played last year based on what I saw. That's why I was surprised when he didn't see the field at all last year.

Yeah it really is all about consistency. However it is still only one good consistent practice. I'll wait for a couple more before I start to get a little more excited about AJ.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Yeah it really is all about consistency. However it is still only one good consistent practice. I'll wait for a couple more before I start to get a little more excited about AJ.

I am at least excited about his speed and the guy throwing the ball to him.
Maiocco's Twitter:
C.J. Spillman gets kicked off practice field after scuffle with fellow 49ers safety Michael Thomas.

I remember another player last year was it getting kicked of the field during practice for a scuffle. Love the way Harbaugh handles fights. No place for it, we are a team. Other coaches encourage it or don't do anything about it or can't even stop it but we put an end to it.

Edit: Yep, August 9 2012 Kyle Williams got kicked off field for last 20 minutes for fighting.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/8/9/3229973/jim-harbaugh-ejects-kyle-williams-for-fighting-late-in-49ers-practice
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 13, 2013 at 7:35 PM ]
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/08/13/safety-scuffle-spillman-thomas-involved-in-practice-skirmish/

Harbaugh is a BOSS for sticking his nose in there and breaking it up.
[ Edited by 21SandersMoss84 on Aug 13, 2013 at 8:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone