LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

2013 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
FWIW, several hawk fans still are worried that Lockette will breakout for us... hard to ignore the measureables, but as Mark Schlereth has said...

"there are guys who look like Tarzan but play like Jane"

Yeah, I don't know. I can't recall seeing anything of Lockette. I can hardly wait for the game tomorrow night!
So only one preseason game is being nationally televised? I've never watched a single preseason game, I'm embarrassed to say, but I was looking forward to the Broncos. Guess I'll have to wait until February.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
So only one preseason game is being nationally televised? I've never watched a single preseason game, I'm embarrassed to say, but I was looking forward to the Broncos. Guess I'll have to wait until February.

every nfl preseason game is shown on nfl network. some of them live, most of them not, this thursday the bronco's niners game is on nfl network at 10 pm pacific time.
Originally posted by crabman82:
every nfl preseason game is shown on nfl network. some of them live, most of them not, this thursday the bronco's niners game is on nfl network at 10 pm pacific time.

f**k. Thanks for the info. I'm on EST so it's not a go.
i hope the starters on offense play at least the first quarter instead of a few plays. would love to see how much everyone gels, and being that we know kaep throws a dart, and has improved on his short to intermediate throws, and reading defenses. would be good to see which starting group of WR's step up to the plate when the bullets are firing, besides boldin of course.

tomorrow it begins...

Go niners.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i want to see if they will actually get plays called on time I hope to never see that stupid little play clock ticking down in the upper left hand corner of our tv screen. That became a permanent fixture of niner games on tv late in the year
FWIW, several hawk fans still are worried that Lockette will breakout for us... hard to ignore the measureables, but as Mark Schlereth has said...

Going up high to pluck a 50-yarder away from T Brown for a TD doesn't sound like something Jane would do. I'm hopeful, and it would be a great poke in the eye to the Seahawks if he turned into a real deal for the Niners.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Yeah, I don't know. I can't recall seeing anything of Lockette. I can hardly wait for the game tomorrow night!

He's definitely a guy how has to prove a lot tomorrow night and the other preseason games. I wonder what the problem with him is... obviously not measureables, and he seems to have a good desire to win (spending all offseason with Kaep)...
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Going up high to pluck a 50-yarder away from T Brown for a TD doesn't sound like something Jane would do. I'm hopeful, and it would be a great poke in the eye to the Seahawks if he turned into a real deal for the Niners.

I'm with you for sure!
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Particularly as they need WR help! LOL! Would be wonderful. He had a good practice yesterday so hopefully he will develop, but at the expense of who? May be loaded if these guys all start to play up to perceived potential.

He's definitely a guy how has to prove a lot tomorrow night and the other preseason games. I wonder what the problem with him is... obviously not measureables, and he seems to have a good desire to win (spending all offseason with Kaep)...

I think his original weaknesses were inconsistent hands and not running crisp routes - the two main things he's been working with Kaepernick on for almost the entire off-season. Also, he had an injury of some sort when he was with the Seahawks and they just didn't stick with him. So, it could just be development - as in, he needed some time to develop into an NFL receiver.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Particularly as they need WR help! LOL! Would be wonderful. He had a good practice yesterday so hopefully he will develop, but at the expense of who? May be loaded if these guys all start to play up to perceived potential.

Yeah, I am going into this with no WR favoritism. (very little of that for any positions)

I'm feeling that buzzing like it's close... guess reminding of Mayo's deal with his penis.

Originally posted by mod:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Anytime I feel like even trying to nitpick this coaching staff, I remember how drunk and depressed I was in 2005, when the 49ers lost to the Redskins 52-17.

Or in 2006... when they lost to the Chiefs 41-0 and the Bears 41-10.

I could go on...

Same, I just remember Jose Cortez and Dennis Erickson.

Didn't the bears put up 35 or 41 points on us at halftime? with rex grossman? the good 'ol days

Yeah but we shut them motherf**ker out in the second half

Yeah man!
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
^ yeah, Lockette definitely has that size, speed, hops, etc. that many have been wanting on the opposite side of Crabtree (now Boldin). Probably too homerish to believe he can be a stud, but it is still good to hear he is impressing. Sounds like Brock and Daryl Morris are having good camps as well.

Yeah, would LOVE if Lockette could be a real playmaker opposite Boldin and then with VD and McDonald in there as well? We'd finally have that "physical" offense that can match up well against a team like Seattle vs. blown knees, broken jaws and concussions. And then with this lineup, imagine a guy like Williams/AJ/Patton/Collie in the slot completely clean!

It sure seems like Brock is stepping up well for Culliver's spot. I still have my dark horse, Cooper playing well as well and I'd LOVE to see Morris steal a slot CB spot (for obvious reasons). Listening to Fangio is sounds like he is moving Brown inside a ton more and mentioned some others during his comments on Nnamdi and his abilities (he can't play inside).
How ironic would it be if a number of guys step up and the Niners have the problem of too much depth at receiver?
Share 49ersWebzone