There are 133 users in the forums

Whitner unhappy?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

[ Edited by Sjceruti on Jul 19, 2013 at 10:55 AM ]
LOL. He shouldn't be here THIS year! 14 TD's buddy including responsibility for the first 3 in the Superbowl.

Love the dude but he absolutely BLOWS in coverage esp. in the RZ and sadly, teams will continue to isolate him.
He wants an extension but he knows he ain't gettin it.
Originally posted by verb1der:
He wants an extension but he knows he ain't gettin it.

yep
everytime I see Ravens footage of the superbowl , this dude is getting BUTTFVCKED IN THE END ZONE.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
everytime I see Ravens footage of the superbowl , this dude is getting BUTTFVCKED IN THE END ZONE.

Bet you won't tweet that to him

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
he's a cancer in the locker room already! cut him!
He has been solid for us but not sure about extending him. Move Reid to SS and sign Earl Thomas as a FA??? So gonna do it on Madden 25...lol
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL. He shouldn't be here THIS year! 14 TD's buddy including responsibility for the first 3 in the Superbowl.

Love the dude but he absolutely BLOWS in coverage esp. in the RZ and sadly, teams will continue to isolate him.

I would have rather kept Goldson and gotten rid of Whitner. Goldson/Reid may have been awesome. Of course, the money probably would not have worked.

To me, Whitner is a crap Safety. He is smart, but he is terrible at defending the pass...terrible!
49ers are gonna have Salary Cap problems Next Season I wouldnt be surprised if 49ers Clean House like the Ravens next season

IMO, Whitner was the reason we beat the Saint's in the 2011 playoffs. The Saints were driving and his game changing hit (and subsequent turnover) completely 180'd the game in our favor... and the Saints never recovered. If this play doesn't happen, I don't think we win this game.

I see him playing out this season not sure if he will improve from last season or get worse. Even if he improves i don't see him coming back the following year. That unfortunately will put the Niners in the same spot as this off season having to move up in the draft or free agency for a safety. That might not be a horrible thing though if Reid turns out to be good and they move up in the draft for a stud safety they could be set at safety for the next 10 years or so.
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:
49ers are gonna have Salary Cap problems Next Season I wouldnt be surprised if 49ers Clean House like the Ravens next season

No way we do that. Our personnel and cap management is a notch above theirs in recent years. We still have ample cap space remaining this year to extend someone long term thanks to Justin smith. Plus we have a boatload of picks. No way we blow this team up. We are set to add talent to the roster
  • thl408
Solid box safety, horrific coverage safety. His days with the team are numbered and he knows it.
I'd be unhappy if I sucked at covering too.
Share 49ersWebzone