There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sac Bee Reports Culliver In Long-Term Plans; T.Brown Not In Plans, Brock's Future

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
What does Baalke have to do with it?

^^^ This, it isn't Baalke's fault Culliver is a f**king moron and dumbass. Kid was fine first season, then opened his damn mouth, now this.

Brown is and will be overrated In my eyes. Rogers is too old, and not worth $8-9M he was getting.
Yeah, your anger/frustration is misguided toward Baalke. Cully's singularly responsible for both the homosexual outburst and this...felony hit & run and weapons charges. He's really screwed the pooch this time. This is all on Culliver.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
What does Baalke have to do with it?

^^^ This, it isn't Baalke's fault Culliver is a f**king moron and dumbass. Kid was fine first season, then opened his damn mouth, now this.

Brown is and will be overrated In my eyes. Rogers is too old, and not worth $8-9M he was getting.

The fact that Brown was able to only net a one year 3.5 million dollar deal shows his real value. Carlos Rogers is still out there. Baalke knows players. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. He's also the one guy I'm confident that can pull a starting caliber corner out of the lower rounds (3rd-7th).
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
What does Baalke have to do with it?

^^^ This, it isn't Baalke's fault Culliver is a f**king moron and dumbass. Kid was fine first season, then opened his damn mouth, now this.

Brown is and will be overrated In my eyes. Rogers is too old, and not worth $8-9M he was getting.

The fact that Brown was able to only net a one year 3.5 million dollar deal shows his real value. Carlos Rogers is still out there. Baalke knows players. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. He's also the one guy I'm confident that can pull a starting caliber corner out of the lower rounds (3rd-7th).

Exactly, when was the last time you saw a 49er player be let go then go tear it up somewhere else? RJF and Soap blew for their new teams, Goldson was good but Reid ended up being better. Watch what happens with guys like Brown, Whitern, Rogers this year.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Exactly, when was the last time you saw a 49er player be let go then go tear it up somewhere else? RJF and Soap blew for their new teams, Goldson was good but Reid ended up being better. Watch what happens with guys like Brown, Whitern, Rogers this year.

Alex Smith..... DUH
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Exactly, when was the last time you saw a 49er player be let go then go tear it up somewhere else? RJF and Soap blew for their new teams, Goldson was good but Reid ended up being better. Watch what happens with guys like Brown, Whitern, Rogers this year.

Alex Smith..... DUH

totally different situation and you know it lol
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
What does Baalke have to do with it?

Lowballing Brown and letting him walk to the Raiders.
Originally posted by kray28:
Lowballing Brown and letting him walk to the Raiders.

How did he "lowball" Brown? They offered him basically the same money, Brown wanted to go somewhere and start, he didn't want to be a slot corner. So he took essentially the same money to play for a much crappier team, that's on him.
We could have worked harder to keep Brown, perhaps. He would have been great insurance, even if we decided to go with youth.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by kray28:
Lowballing Brown and letting him walk to the Raiders.

How did he "lowball" Brown? They offered him basically the same money, Brown wanted to go somewhere and start, he didn't want to be a slot corner. So he took essentially the same money to play for a much crappier team, that's on him.

AND for only 1 year. We offered him a 3-year contract. Period. That's 100% on Brown. And he thinks he's going to get a big $ contract next year at 30 years old while playing for the Raiders? LMAO! Fool...
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 30, 2014 at 8:28 AM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
We could have worked harder to keep Brown, perhaps. He would have been great insurance, even if we decided to go with youth.

We did...we offered him a better contract than anyone...basically 10M over 3 years to play for a championship caliber team. Brown sold out and is banking on a BIGGER contract next year.
Originally posted by kray28:
I thought about this thread. LOL...we are f**ked.

Thanks Baalke.

Dafuq?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,376
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Alex Smith..... DUH

No way we pay 8 million bucks for a back up QB. Cap says we had to let him go.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,376
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
How did he "lowball" Brown? They offered him basically the same money, Brown wanted to go somewhere and start, he didn't want to be a slot corner. So he took essentially the same money to play for a much crappier team, that's on him.

He's a decent corner, but I think the draft is going to provide us with better players, even if Cully didn't get in trouble. I suspect that Cully would have been in a dogfight to even get playing time after this draft was over. As much as Baalke thinks Cully is rehabbing well, he's not going to be stupid and assume that Cully will be 100% healthy come the regular season. I believe that their draft plans haven't changed much with the Cully felony situation. They were and they are going to draft a lot of DB's this year.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Alex Smith..... DUH

No way we pay 8 million bucks for a back up QB. Kaep says we had to let him go.
Fixed