There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sac Bee Reports Culliver In Long-Term Plans; T.Brown Not In Plans, Brock's Future

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Agreed with what you said GoldenJoe. I dont see Kap demanding 20M a yr, he is IMO a top 10-15 QB right now, but he should take the short 4 yr deal like Rodgers did in GB, then maximize your value, get the 100M deal when you're really in your prime. Aldon I agree 12M Max. But sounds like he wants to be paid top OLB money, and if he continues the progress, he should. I think he is better than Clay, I think Matthews is a bit overrated.

Vernon at 7M isnt bad, he is still a top 5-10 TE, Vance is viewed as Delanie's replacement.

Crabs is an unknown, will he come back healthy. I wouldnt extend him, unless there are triggers for health and missing or playing games. So we are safe on our side.

I'm glad I overestimated the salaries for those players, though I'm not working with real numbers and am not sure how the losses and additions in salary add up. I suppose the players on the fringe are TBrown, Dorsey, Nnamdi (if he rebounds and wants to stay with team). Those are some guys that may not be here long term.

I understand McDonald is Walker's replacement for this season, but if he can show promise to be the featured TE in this offense, then it allows flexibility to move/restructure Vernon in future years to make cap room to retain a different key player. Just a thought. I'd surely keep him for $7 if there's chemistry with Kap.
Originally posted by thl408:
I'm glad I overestimated the salaries for those players, though I'm not working with real numbers and am not sure how the losses and additions in salary add up. I suppose the players on the fringe are TBrown, Dorsey, Nnamdi (if he rebounds and wants to stay with team). Those are some guys that may not be here long term.

I understand McDonald is Walker's replacement for this season, but if he can show promise to be the featured TE in this offense, then it allows flexibility to move/restructure Vernon in future years to make cap room to retain a different key player. Just a thought. I'd surely keep him for $7 if there's chemistry with Kap.

I want to have a dynamic combo of VD and Vance. Vernon is a team player, if asked to take pay cut, and an extension team friendly he will do it.

Nnamdi, Dorsey are 2 guys I am excited to see. I hope Dorsey takes control of the 3rd Man on the DLine. I hope he stays past 2014, wanted him to sign a 3yr deal.

Hated seeing Skuta also only sign 2yr deal. He can ball on STs.
Originally posted by jrg:
the new and improved #29

god i f**king love our uniform
Originally posted by 49erWay:
I put as much weight in the sacramento bee calling the San Francisco 49ers future as I do in the thought that somehow Redding isn't crawling with ignorant child abusing rednecks.

Won't be surprised that Brown and Culliver are starting next season regardless of how this one turns out.

WTF man?
Originally posted by Team49ers:
The Sac bee needs to stop stirring the pot, going to make the players feel uneasy. Let the 49er FO deal with the roster.

Umm the SacBee doesn't work for the 49ers. They're journalists who offer opinions and facts, and they're doing their job. This statement is just silly.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
I put as much weight in the sacramento bee calling the San Francisco 49ers future as I do in the thought that somehow Redding isn't crawling with ignorant child abusing rednecks.

Won't be surprised that Brown and Culliver are starting next season regardless of how this one turns out.

You realize that the 49ers beat writer for the SacBee is Matt Barrows, who is arguably the best of all the beat writers who cover the team, right? He generally has a good idea on the direction the team is going.
[ Edited by OnYouLikeGlue on Jul 25, 2013 at 11:21 PM ]
Originally posted by defenderDX:
god i f**king love our uniform

Nicest uniform in all professional sports, real talk. No homer.
Originally posted by Niners23:
Originally posted by Team49ers:
The Sac bee needs to stop stirring the pot, going to make the players feel uneasy. Let the 49er FO deal with the roster.

Umm the SacBee doesn't work for the 49ers. They're journalists who offer opinions and facts, and they're doing their job. This statement is just silly.

This is why I don't mind at all the surly and hostile responses they receive to some of their questions. The players and coaches know these butt lickers aren't invested into whether the 49ers win or lose and as a matter of fact they just want anything to write about good or bad. Cully should have told Artie Lange to STFO!!
This will be fun to revisit but also wanted to pass along the article on the front page of him...seems to have really grown up. Hopefully he balls out for us next year and locks down that #2 CB role!

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/03/06/49ers-culliver-to-lgbtq-paper-ive-changed/
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If Culliver can learn to keep his mouth shut, not get in trouble on twitter, and learn to track the ball in the air/defend jump balls he could be a pretty good #1 CB. As for Brown he will be 29 by the time the season is ending. I like Brown better but I don't think we want to make a mistake like we did with Carlos. We didn't really have a choice though; we were pretty thing at CB. I think we overpaid him and probably gave him one year too many. He's a serviceable CB but not worth 29 million. He will have to restructure or be cut after this season. If so we'd probably end up paying him half of the 29 million. Guess it evens out some because we did get 6 ints out of him on that 1 year 3 mil deal. Anyways, back to Brown... he's probably a safer bet than the Rogers signing was but I think he could go somewhere else and get 4-5 years at say 5-6 million a year. I'm not sure we would offer more than 2-3 years at say 4-5 a year. It will be up to Brown to give us a friendly contract year wise and money wise. If he want to get paid he will go elsewhere, if he wants to win he will stay here. I expect us to take 2 corners in the first 2-3 rounds in next year's draft especially if Brown is gone and Rogers won't restructure. Culliver will be the #1 or 2 next year depending on if Brown is back. As for Brock I believe he was the leading ST tackler last year and was really good. We have to decide do we have enough good ST places at other areas. Will be interesting to see who gets the last 1 or 2 spots. Brock, Cox, Cooper... possibly even Rose?

Nostradamus much?
Originally posted by NCommand:
This will be fun to revisit but also wanted to pass along the article on the front page of him...seems to have really grown up. Hopefully he balls out for us next year and locks down that #2 CB role!

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/03/06/49ers-culliver-to-lgbtq-paper-ive-changed/

Awesome. Look forward to seeing Cully back and healthy. Him and Brock can make a very, very good pair of cover corners.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Awesome. Look forward to seeing Cully back and healthy. Him and Brock can make a very, very good pair of cover corners.

No question...very much looking forward to it!
True to their words, our FO isn't going to cave in to Brown's/agent's contract demands. Cully has all the tools to become a terrific CB and should get every chance to show it. It'll be interesting to see if they retain Wright or another vet CB to compliment whatever rookie(s) TB drafts. I know they're at Verrett's pro day, but I'd be surprised if he's in Baalke's favor...pretty short in stature and arms. TB's made no secret of his desire for longer armed players and that doesn't bode well for Verrett. Still say Kyle Fuller is a much more likely pick, and he has almost 33" arms.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
True to their words, our FO isn't going to cave in to Brown's/agent's contract demands. Cully has all the tools to become a terrific CB and should get every chance to show it. It'll be interesting to see if they retain Wright or another vet CB to compliment whatever rookie(s) TB drafts. I know they're at Verrett's pro day, but I'd be surprised if he's in Baalke's favor...pretty short in stature and arms. TB's made no secret of his desire for longer armed players and that doesn't bode well for Verrett. Still say Kyle Fuller is a much more likely pick, and he has almost 33" arms.

I think Miller should be next to be extended other than Kap who takes some time. I'm thinking they could be trying to get Culliver signed for 4-5 years as the CB of the future because if they do it now he would be much cheaper than if we wait until after this year and he plays like he did in 2011 and 2012. He could get 4-5 years 25-30 million but if we sign him now we could get him closer to 4 years at say 15-18, close to Brock's deal. We used that strategy in taking a leap of faith for Kilgore, McDonald, Boone, Staley, Ian Williams and some other players and it paid off. So if it's up to me I'm looking at re-signing Miller, Crabtree, Kap, and Culliver next. Might even let Culliver play a few games and then re-sign him, could be early in the year and we would still get a better deal than if we waited until the end of the year.

P.S. Thanks NCommand I know the winning lottery numbers but I'd rather use my gift to predict who the 49ers will re-sign and for how much.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 6, 2014 at 7:18 PM ]