LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Sac Bee Reports Culliver In Long-Term Plans; T.Brown Not In Plans, Brock's Future

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Aldon Smith insinuated on NFLN that he will be the number 1 player on the NFL's top 100 next year. In other words, the best player in the league. He is going to want a max contract. 16 mil per is probably on the cheap side of what he will ask for.

Kap is no doubt going to want a max contract as well. 20 mil per is on the cheap side of what he will ask for. When quarterbacks like Romo and Stafford are making more than that in 2014+ I'm not sure why this surprises people.

Brown is the least of our worries. Any veteran who makes any kind of money has the potential to get cut. The only untouchables are probably Willis and Bowman.

Why do people think Justin Smith signed on the cheap? Because he knew he would be released if he did not.
Culliver sucks. Totally clueless in the Stupor Bowl. I'd like to forget that game ever happened.
Can we trade #22 to a CB-needy team for some draft picks?? New Orleans & JAX come to mind.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Can we trade #22 to a CB-needy team for some draft picks?? New Orleans & JAX come to mind.

Depends on their cap numbers. If they can't afford him, I don't see them trying to make room for him. He's only ever had one good season with any team, a la 2011. However, those teams might take a stab at him if they have a lot of cap. Not sure what their cap numbers look like at the moment though.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I really like Brown and Culliver. Rogers is a vet worth having on your team. Wright, Nnamdi, Brock, Cox will have to work hard for two remaining spots.

Brown will probably leave via free agency and team will get comp pick. Wright if he plays well could get a contract and Aldon Smith and Kapernick get extended would make for a really good off season next year
Originally posted by SportsFan:
What the f**k this s**t come out now for? Trying to stir stuff up. Probably has no source what so ever. Get this s**t started already. f**king tired of all the media crap.

I don't think what he's reporting is ridiculous at all. I'll actually be surprised if it doesn't go down like that.

Brock sucks, he shouldn't be in our plans. He's the 6th best cornerback on our roster
Culliver is young and up n coming
Brown will probably get paid nicely by a different team next off season. I love T Brown but the 9ers are going are going to have to pay Iupati, Aldon, Crabtree, and Kaepernick in the next couple years. Brown is the least important of the 5.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:

No one will want to trade for a 32 year old CB that still has 20 mill left on his contract
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I don't think what he's reporting is ridiculous at all. I'll actually be surprised if it doesn't go down like that.

Brock sucks, he shouldn't be in our plans. He's the 6th best cornerback on our roster
Culliver is young and up n coming
Brown will probably get paid nicely by a different team next off season. I love T Brown but the 9ers are going are going to have to pay Iupati, Aldon, Crabtree, and Kaepernick in the next couple years. Brown is the least important of the 5.

It seems that we are investing in our OL TE RB on offense and our front 7 on defense. Now we will have to make an obvious investment in 99 and 7 because these are the 2 most important positions in football and in staying consistent in investing in our OL I expect us to extend Iupati. Then we have to decide whether to invest in a WR or a CB. I think that you have to take the WR unless you have Deion Sanders especially when your defense is predicated on the strength of your highly compensated front 7 and its ability to make a good secondary perform great. If Crabtree doesn't return strong this year he may find himself having to potentially discount his services if he wants to extend with us next offseason or find himself playing in a contract year on a team that may have drafted high at wide receiver next May with potentially 6 picks in the top 100. His willingness to extend and the production of this season's replacements might affect where we draft receivers in 2014
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 20, 2013 at 8:03 PM ]
we need Rogers 5 mill off the books so we can extend Aldon/Kap/Iupati
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
we need Rogers 5 mill off the books so we can extend Aldon/Kap/Iupati

I have faith that Rogers number will either come down or come off this summer and that we will get those deals done before we go into Levi Stadium

Regretting that money that we gave to Rogers. It would have better to lock up Brown at that point.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Regretting that money that we gave to Rogers. It would have better to lock up Brown at that point.

We already had Brown on a very favorable (to us) extension at that point already stemming from the previous regime. We probably gave that money to Rogers because we were hell bent on keeping together all the starters on 2011's best defense
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Aldon Smith insinuated on NFLN that he will be the number 1 player on the NFL's top 100 next year. In other words, the best player in the league. He is going to want a max contract. 16 mil per is probably on the cheap side of what he will ask for.

Kap is no doubt going to want a max contract as well. 20 mil per is on the cheap side of what he will ask for. When quarterbacks like Romo and Stafford are making more than that in 2014+ I'm not sure why this surprises people.

Brown is the least of our worries. Any veteran who makes any kind of money has the potential to get cut. The only untouchables are probably Willis and Bowman.

Why do people think Justin Smith signed on the cheap? Because he knew he would be released if he did not.

Why do you keep saying that about Justin Smith. He wasnt ever gonna get cut. He would of retired or signed elsewhere. He NEVER would of been cut, he did us a favor, we needed his production, 1st major injury he had, and he still played good once back. Dude is a fighter, and proud he is a 49er. One of my fav 49ers of all time. And favorite veteran FA pickup of all time that I can recall. Only 29, so previous years are blank to me.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Why do you keep saying that about Justin Smith. He wasnt ever gonna get cut. He would of retired or signed elsewhere. He NEVER would of been cut, he did us a favor, we needed his production, 1st major injury he had, and he still played good once back. Dude is a fighter, and proud he is a 49er. One of my fav 49ers of all time. And favorite veteran FA pickup of all time that I can recall. Only 29, so previous years are blank to me.

the only way the "Justin Smith takes a pay cut or gets cut" scenario remotely makes any sense is if the coaching staff and front office know something we don't about some other player currently on the roster. I know Harbs is an iconoclast and all, and Baalke is on board with that too, but everything they do is with an eye on making the team better--to put it bluntly, he wouldn't willingly lose that kind of production and leader without something that is equal or an upgrade. I like some of the young guys we have, and I could be wrong but I don't think any are quite ready to step into Cowboy's boots just yet.
I put as much weight in the sacramento bee calling the San Francisco 49ers future as I do in the thought that somehow Redding isn't crawling with ignorant child abusing rednecks.

Won't be surprised that Brown and Culliver are starting next season regardless of how this one turns out.
Share 49ersWebzone