There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sac Bee Reports Culliver In Long-Term Plans; T.Brown Not In Plans, Brock's Future

Cully is and will be the most naturally gifted and talented CB on the roster. He needs to improve on a few things, but they are things that can indeed be coached. Two years from now this guy will be one of the steals of his draft class if not already.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
If they like him I know they will give him a contract extension while he's still cheap
next year, brown will be this year's goldson-a very talented player in the secondary; however, due to economics, will not be resigned.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
next year, brown will be this year's goldson-a very talented player in the secondary; however, due to economics, will not be resigned.

Maybe. I don't see anyone mistaking Brown for a top corner though, and he's a bit underrated even among 49er fans. I don't think it would break the bank to sign him.

Goldson was overrated, hyped up as arguably the best FS in football. I don't think so. A playmaker for sure, but still undisciplined and a gambler. He was often the guy at fault when there was a coverage breakdown from what I remember.
Culliver sucks & he's a clown

yawn
Originally posted by Ballistic:

yawn

Knee jerk reaction to one game. Really one play where he should have had safety help over the top. Entire defense played like s**t.
I think our starter opposite Cully is in next year's draft. And for the above donkey Cully was our best corner during the regular season and just had one bad game in the playoffs, unfortunately it was the Sb
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Terrell Brown not apart of future plans? Why the hell not?

I thought he was our best corner
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I thought he was our best corner

Look at our cap and the players we need to extend. Brown is gonna get a nice payday from another team that the niners wont be able to match.

All the Cully hate is ruhtarded, seems like he may have put too much pressure on himself in the post season but hes been a stud for the most part the past two years. Once he learns the timing on when to turn around and find the ball in the air he'll be fine. He's made countless plays in the past and helped shut down some of the better receivers when matched up one on one.
I've been a T Brown fan since his days at Texas. He's been solid, if he hadn't been knocked out against the Giants in the 2012 NFC Championship, who knows? Culliver has size and like Brown is a home grown 49er. Probably, only one can be paid. As much as I like #25 I go with Culliver.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Ballistic:

yawn

Knee jerk reaction to one game. Really one play where he should have had safety help over the top. Entire defense played like s**t.

this
Cully is and will be the most naturally gifted and talented CB on the roster. He needs to improve on a few things, but they are things that can indeed be coached. Two years from now this guy will be one of the steals of his draft class if not already.
How do you teach natural ball instincts when the ball is in the air? That appears to be cully's biggest issue, it's more a confidence thing especially at the corner position .. Game day is a bit different knocking down a deep pass without panicking as opposed to practice/or being coached up .. I hope cully gets his swag/mojo back ..
Originally posted by SportsFan:
What the f**k this s**t come out now for? Trying to stir stuff up probably has no source what so ever. Get this s**t started already. f**king tired of all the media crap.

Simple numbers game. Brown will likely be looking for a contract at $8 mil a year or more. Not a chance he's coming back. Brock has never been anything more than a ST player and he is now expendable.

It wasn't just one game, and it wasn't just Culliver. Our entire secondary got burned repeatedly with the lob ball all season. It just showed up more when our pass rush went into the tank late in the season. I like Culliver and I'm not saying he sucks or is a clown or whatever but lets face it, he has a long way to go. Brown is by far and away our best cover corner.

Dollars and cents. They'll like take a CB early in the next draft.