LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Sac Bee Reports Culliver In Long-Term Plans; T.Brown Not In Plans, Brock's Future

Shop Find 49ers gear online
FROM NFLTR VIA SAC BEE

The 49ers reportedly see CB Chris Culliver
are a part of their long-term plans, and a
move to safety is unlikely. ( Sacramento
Bee )

CB Tramaine Brock ‘s roster spot could be
in jeopardy. ( Sacramento Bee )

CB Tarell Brown may not be a part of the
49ers' future plans. ( Sacramento Bee )
[ Edited by robniner on Jul 18, 2013 at 8:23 PM ]
Terrell Brown not apart of future plans? Why the hell not?
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Terrell Brown not apart of future plans? Why the hell not?

From another article, because he is close to the end of his contract and he is entering his prime. It's an economic forecast rather than whether or not the team wants him.
Brock will be pushed out by Nnamdi and a rookie.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:

I was coming to this thread to b***h about Brown...but I keep forgetting about Nnamdi.

Glad Culliver is being looked at as a long term option. Future Pro-Bowler
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

I was coming to this thread to b***h about Brown...but I keep forgetting about Nnamdi.

Glad Culliver is being looked at as a long term option. Future Pro-Bowler

Yeah I've always liked Brown and hope that he does stay. Agree about Culliver.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
the new and improved #29

[ Edited by jrg on Jul 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM ]
LINK?
Cullys quite daring

@Cullyinthehouse 13m

S/0 n major respect to @JerryRice for the success he had at #SF but i just feel like I'm have to check him on the field!! #challenge 😈

I love Culliver on the field there's plenty of ability

I hate Culliver off the field,he needs to find a way to keep his mouth zipped up.
[ Edited by Montana1977 on Jul 18, 2013 at 8:58 PM ]

What the f**k this s**t come out now for? Trying to stir stuff up. Probably has no source what so ever. Get this s**t started already. f**king tired of all the media crap.
If Culliver can learn to keep his mouth shut, not get in trouble on twitter, and learn to track the ball in the air/defend jump balls he could be a pretty good #1 CB. As for Brown he will be 29 by the time the season is ending. I like Brown better but I don't think we want to make a mistake like we did with Carlos. We didn't really have a choice though; we were pretty thing at CB. I think we overpaid him and probably gave him one year too many. He's a serviceable CB but not worth 29 million. He will have to restructure or be cut after this season. If so we'd probably end up paying him half of the 29 million. Guess it evens out some because we did get 6 ints out of him on that 1 year 3 mil deal. Anyways, back to Brown... he's probably a safer bet than the Rogers signing was but I think he could go somewhere else and get 4-5 years at say 5-6 million a year. I'm not sure we would offer more than 2-3 years at say 4-5 a year. It will be up to Brown to give us a friendly contract year wise and money wise. If he want to get paid he will go elsewhere, if he wants to win he will stay here. I expect us to take 2 corners in the first 2-3 rounds in next year's draft especially if Brown is gone and Rogers won't restructure. Culliver will be the #1 or 2 next year depending on if Brown is back. As for Brock I believe he was the leading ST tackler last year and was really good. We have to decide do we have enough good ST places at other areas. Will be interesting to see who gets the last 1 or 2 spots. Brock, Cox, Cooper... possibly even Rose?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 18, 2013 at 9:09 PM ]
We got to lock up Aldon & Kaep among others, Brown is by far our best CB but in the scheme of things he becomes expendable.
Nooo...I like T. Brown. He has another good contract left in him. Rogers is the guy who should not be in our long-term plans, he's 32 and overpaid. Culliver is ready for a starting spot and should pair up with Brown in the future.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
I think we'll be able to re-sign Brown after the season. Rogers is going to have to either take a pay cut or get cut (if a couple of the young guys look good), and either one should open up enough money to get a deal done as long as we don't go over $7-$8mil/yr.. On top of that, Whitner and his $5mil./yr. salary will probably won't be re-signed unless he takes a lot less too, but hopefully they just let him walk. Brown and Culliver are the starting CB's for the next few years imo.
[ Edited by Disp on Jul 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone