LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Lamar Divens

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I notice when we people mention roster cuts his name comes up 1st. Why is everyone so low on him? I know he's unproven but so is Ian williams.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by walshjr1978:
I notice when we people mention roster cuts his name comes up 1st. Why is everyone so low on him? I know he's unproven but so is Ian williams.

he's a snitch.
hes a BIG snitch and they paid ian williams 1 million dollar signing bonus, he isnt losing his job
as a ND fan I've never been impress with Ian, but maybe this yr he proves me wrong. Statistically the 49ers weren't bad stop the run last season, but they ranked 1st in 11-12, I'd like to see them return to that ranking.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

he's a snitch.

This
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

he's a snitch.

This

+1+1
I love Ian's story. His signing and elevation is a good sign of his hard work and progress. He'll be given a real shot this year to contribute and contribute a lot.

I think we run many more 4-man DL fronts though this year and interchange the DL rotationally much more if Dorsey, Dial, Carradine and Okoye can prove themselves worthy of little to no drop off. Throw in McDonald, Justin and Brooks (also lines up as a DE or inside DT) it should be intersting to see how all these guys will be used.

Don't count Divens out! I had Divens as my biggest dark horse to make the 53 primarily b/c he's a wide-bodied 340 NT who should be stout, big and strong enough to help us in two areas we have perpetually been weak in for years 1) short yardage and goal line situations and 2) against power running teams of which we face a ton this year again.

Dorsey and Ian are most likely 1-gap NT's and having Divens who "may" be able to play 2-gap is critical to our base 3-4 alignment and keeping our front 7 on the field.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Divens the player...we really know nothing about, has little experience, carreer practice squader, 5 teams in 5 years
Good size for a NT, but he hasnt even made a 53 yet, maybe he's just not very good

Divens the snitch... Not a fan of calling anyone a snitch, I was not at the scene, so i cant say weather or not the cops should
have been notified, but if your attacked by a drunk idiot with a bottle, who also threatens to get his gun, fk him..send his arse to jail

Back to the player...Were pretty deep on the DL, Niners seem to like Ian Williams as the 4th DL who can rotate in on the inside or outside
Tuku should make it since our rookies wont be ready to contribute early on

Thats 7 DL's, we may only keep 6, just no room for Divens
[ Edited by cools on Jul 11, 2013 at 8:43 AM ]
5 teams in 5 years is not a successful job resume.

As for Ian - the coaches see him every day, so his resigning was a result of what they see and believe he can accomplish. I'm sure, if they saw someone in FA who would be better - they'd have grabbed them.

Another factor favoring Ian is his familiarity w/the system and his price tag.
Snitches get Stitches... lit-trally

neither dorsey or williams has the size to hold up as a "starting" 3-4 NT, dorsey was good vs the run as 3-4DE. In 11-12 teams didn't have a prayer of running on 49ers, last season that changed somewhat,although they ranked high vs run, certain teams were able to establish the run. In the preseason if they struggle they may need to sign a stop gap player like casey hampton
Originally posted by 5280High:
Snitches get Stitches... lit-trally

this
cmon his name is Lamar
Thank God only 7 more days to Training Camp... What's next? the Charly Martin thread?
"He's a snitch!" ????? What? Are you guys middle schoolers? Are you convicts?
Share 49ersWebzone