LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Team Preview - 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Good afternoon Niner fans! Here's my season preview for you guys. Good luck this year!

Em
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
meh, I already knew all that. thanks for trying
Nice analysis Em.

This is a very young yet experienced team. We play tournament ball. Until Seattle proves they can win on the road and handle a first place schedule (like we did last year), ya still gotta go Niners for #1 in the NFC West. Our offense is not predicated on one WR (Crabtree) esp. with a full off season to boot.
Who the hell is El-Don Smith?
good analysis, and good info...

side note, your suits keep getting nicer as well as your post production!
Originally posted by Marvin49:

the mexican godfather of sacks?!
lol @ the garage band music
Nice vid, Em! You should do a podcast.
Thanks Gang! Much appreciated!

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Nice vid, Em! You should do a podcast.

I already do :)
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
good analysis, and good info...

side note, your suits keep getting nicer as well as your post production!

Lol! I have to stay fly ya know!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Nice analysis Em.

This is a very young yet experienced team. We play tournament ball. Until Seattle proves they can win on the road and handle a first place schedule (like we did last year), ya still gotta go Niners for #1 in the NFC West. Our offense is not predicated on one WR (Crabtree) esp. with a full off season to boot.

This division will have a team finished 4th that has a winning record..that's how good it looks this year

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=don
Excellent!

An area that is vastly improved, that really need it, is Special Teams.

If Ravens don't score on Kick Off, Niners win!
Originally posted by EmDiggy:

Good afternoon Niner fans! Here's my season preview for you guys. Good luck this year!

Em

Thanks Em. Always enjoy watching your videos. I like getting viewpoints from unbiased perspectives.
Hey em, great analysis. Three questions I had if you could answer

I know you said whitner was good in pass coverage as well as run coverage, but I believe he gave up the most tds by a db in the league last year.....I believe 12 and he consistently gets beat by tes and Wrs. Did you mean good at making calls or really pass defense?

Our OL is great at run blocking but good at best at pass blocking. Staley as good as he is, giving up 8.5 sacks is not a good pass protector as advertised. Add in the fact that if kaep wasn't as mobile as he was, our pass blocking would be exposed even more. We need to improve on our pass blocking.....i give our run blocking top 2 in the league but pass blocking top 10 at best...don't you think?

Lastly, Seattle has a front 7 that is average at best against the run....atl had 170 plus yards and Miami and sf and others exposed their run defense. Seattle is not a good road team. Losing to Detroit, Arizona, stl, Miami and of course sf.......this year they play atl, Houston sf and other tough games which they will most likely lose due to their history of not being a good road team. A great team wins on the road like the niners and last time I checked, losing to det ariz and Miami on the road is inexcusable. Don't you think that is a fair assessment and a good reason why sf is favored to win the division yet again?
Well done, and thanks Em.
Share 49ersWebzone