There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SuperBowl Notes - It's time...

Hey , we got rid of one of the biggest problems, Goldson. Great tackler. Really great tackler. Unfortunately, all tackles were after completed passes....unless he blew the coverage. Nobody really covered himself in glory last yr, and for the Bucs fans, "good luck with Dashon. You all are gonna need it".
I think , cc, with the 43 or 93 or how many ever it was , number of DBs they brought into the fold this yr, we are gonna have some talent back there. Reid alone makes this backfield miles better than last yr. Why? Because he can break up passes, instead of tackling the guy who just made the catch...something that drove me nutty with goldson...despite his big hits. With all the mass of humanity we have competing for the 2 CB and 2 Ss spots, I see nothing but improvement. No idea what Nnamdi has, but I don't think JH or trent bring him along if he can't be better than what we had. The rest, I got no idea who has "it" and who doesn't. But whoever gets the prize...they better darn well be able to defend passes, because last yr, even with that great front 7, our ability to deflect passes sucked. I think we are guaranteed 50% better out of the gate, and maybe a lot better than that, depending on how the remainder of the DBs perform...and I got no idea who it will be. Fascinating that JH/trent brot in so many to compete...which I absolutely love.
the 2 that really burn me

-kap didn't get the team lined up fast enough on 3rd down thus forcing jim harbaugh to call timeout from the sidelines on the what would've definitely been the game winning play (oh well what can you do, 10 starts it bit us)

-jim harbaugh then proceeds not to use the final timeout b4 the 4th down play (u'd think this would be a good thing to use b4 the final play of our season w/ a qb w/ 10 starts out there)
iLL, it hurt us all.
I don't know what you guys are talking about...we didn't lose a superbowl as it never happened...
Or better yet let's treat this superbowl as the holocaust or that time we gave the indians blankets filled with smallpox. Just stop talking about it and people forget and then it never happened.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I think I've rewatched the game about 20-25 times.

It'll always sting, but I have moved on from it for the most part. Kaep actually played very well in that throughout the game and it was abundantly clear that Phil Simms has a mancrush on Colin Kaepernick.

They just couldn't punch it into the endzone at several points of the game and the fumble by James was huge. Killed the drive that would most likely have resulted in points and then the Ravens marched and scored.

Then add in the late deep TD to Jones and the following KO return....bad mojo.

what the f**k for?
LOL. OK guys, let's stay focused here. I'll let you mull over the first half notes...again, focus on the areas we got exploited in and look at our off season moves. This LOSS is a perfect outline to ALL of our weakness wrapped up into one single game (package).

With what I noted as weaknesses, where do YOU think we've improved from a personnel, scheme, technique, formations, offensive/defensive philosophy, game management, off season, etc. perspective?
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL. OK guys, let's stay focused here. I'll let you mull over the first half notes...again, focus on the areas we got exploited in and look at our off season moves. This LOSS is a perfect outline to ALL of our weakness wrapped up into one single game (package).

With what I noted as weaknesses, where do YOU think we've improved from a personnel, scheme, technique, formations, offensive/defensive philosophy, game management, off season, etc. perspective?

we haven't improved

It's freaking early July and all we've had so far is a devastating injury to our QB's favorite target coupled with 3 key pieces coming off of massive injuries (Hunter, Mario, and KW). In addition we've got a group of rookies plus Jenkins that we hope will fill the void left by Crabtree. the trade for Boldin however

defensively our front 7 is tops in the league being back fully healthy as long as Czar Goddell doesn't suspend Brooks. The secondary is a huge question mark with a rookie left to fill Goldson's place and hopefully the rest of the secondary recovered from the raping they took throughout the playoffs.
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Jul 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM ]
I've watched one through five quite a few times each. I've never re-watched this one - just a few plays here and there. I don't intend to watch the whole thing again either.
man f**k that game I dont know why anybody would wonna re-live it.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

we haven't improved

It's freaking early July and all we've had so far is a devastating injury to our QB's favorite target coupled with 3 key pieces coming off of massive injuries (Hunter, Mario, and KW). In addition we've got a group of rookies plus Jenkins that we hope will fill the void left by Crabtree. the trade for Boldin however

defensively our front 7 is tops in the league being back fully healthy as long as Czar Goddell doesn't suspend Brooks. The secondary is a huge question mark with a rookie left to fill Goldson's place and hopefully the rest of the secondary recovered from the raping they took throughout the playoffs.

Ah come on man! LOL...just a few:
  • Goldson was absolutely useless this game (almost got another PF call on a late hit). So with the addition on Reid, perhaps he doesn't bite on double moves, can help ANY DB over the top or at least has the speed and range to recover if he is initially beat.
  • Whitner, IMHO, was responsible for the first 3 TD's in the first half alone. First thing Baalke does is let Goldson walk, signs Dahl and Fangio talks up Robinson and the other 2nd year guys. They have obviously recognized personnel AND scheme (don't put Whitner 1on1 in the RZ) were a problem...also technique of learning not to bite on the double move and keeping WR's in front of you but also watching for the pass (QB) and playing the damn ball in the air.
  • James proved he could run inside esp. out of the Q formation. Welcome back Hunter. We added Lattimore and Hampton could make some noise. We're improved esp. if any of these guys have more break away speed than Gore...share the carries.
  • We now see how best to use Boldin esp. in the RZ.
  • Blah blah blah...
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:

It's not as bad knowing we'll start redeeming ourselves in about 10 days. LOL
Originally posted by susweel:

It's not as bad knowing we'll start redeeming ourselves in about 10 days. LOL

I cant wait for the season to start. I have a void in sports entertainment right now.
Ah come on man! LOL...just a few
  • Goldson was absolutely useless this game (almost got another PF call on a late hit). So with the addition on Reid, perhaps he doesn't bite on double moves, can help ANY DB over the top or at least has the speed and range to recover if he is initially beat.
  • Whitner, IMHO, was responsible for the first 3 TD's in the first half alone. First thing Baalke does is let Goldson walk, signs Dahl and Fangio talks up Robinson and the other 2nd year guys. They have obviously recognized personnel AND scheme (don't put Whitner 1on1 in the RZ) were a problem...also technique and learning not to bite on the double move.
  • James proved he could run inside esp. out of the Q formation. Welcome back Hunter. We added Lattimore and Hampton could make some noise. We're improved esp. if any of these guys have more break away speed than Gore...share the carries.
  • We now see how best to use Boldin esp. in the RZ.
  • Blah blah blah...

Dahl isn't going to start...he's garbage and not even in the same class as the First Team All-Pro in Goldson...Robinson also unproven.. Crossing fingers for Reid
Lattimore doesn't help us this year whatsoever, Hampton's got no chance behind Gore, Hunter, James, and Dixon

Boldin however gives us a huge target and I've always loved watching him play

Overall it's just too early to tell
Originally posted by cciowa:
second and goal from the five yard line with the best run game and line in the nfl, even after little james got two yards on first down against a run heavy defense,, is all i remember well that and the cute bud commercial

Did you see this bullet?
  • Ironically, the end to the first half was almost exactly the same as the end of the game! 2nd and 2 from the 7 yard line. 35 seconds to go. 0 blitz. 2 or less yards gained on a run up the gut. Next play we roll naked right with no uncovered options (Crabtree again). Total yards = 0. We only get 3 pts...Roman saw EXACTLY how the Ravens would play us at the end of the game at the end of the first half. And he called the same exact offensive plays/series. Sad!