There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

DB situation

What is everyones opinion on daryl morris and marcus cooper? could either turn out to be a steal
LOL. I had Cooper making the 53...one of my big surprise wins. His size is what Baalke loves and covets now. Nnamdi is going to be given every chance to beat out the smaller Rogers as well (ahhhh, the 3rd down in the Superbowl against Boldin still lingers). Morris also has an outside chance if he proves excellent in ST coverage and can be dynamic in coverage against the Y (slot) WR's in Williams/Patton. We NEED quickness, speed, physicality and insta-play-recognition skills from this position to match up against the Harvin/Austin's of the NFL. Bottom line, both have a real chance here. But it will be an uphill battle against more polished vets already on the team and familiar with our defense.
I hope they play well enough to atleast make practice squad, hate to see them get cut if they have long term potential
Morris may need a year on the PS to work on technique, but there is no doubt he has the speed. Theres also Lowell that was doing alright in no pads. IMO if any of those 3 kill Baalkes mancrush with Brock I would be happy. Cooper might be the one able to do it if he steps up on ST as well.
The thing about Cooper is that at 6'2" and over 200 lbs, he's not slow at all. He ran a 4.45 40. I agree with NCommand. Baalke may be trying to get bigger on the outside - Cooper and Culliver could be very tall and physical corners if Cooper works out. And Morris has just flat-out crazy speed and quickness. He could be a killer as a slot corner. I think they're trying to get ready for it being impossible to sign T Brown next year at the price he'll get on the free agent market. And they're obviously going to need to find a replacement for Rodgers by next season.
If the both of those two pan out, it helps make up for potentially losing whitner,cox,ndambdi,brown,and rogers(cut). The secondary could possible look totally different for 14-15 season
Originally posted by walshjr1978:
If the both of those two pan out, it helps make up for potentially losing whitner,cox,ndambdi,brown,and rogers(cut). The secondary could possible look totally different for 14-15 season

In a perfect world, Cooper and Morris pan out and the 14-15 group looks like tall physical corners Cooper and Culliver on the outside, Morris, which amazing closing speed and quickness as the slot corner and Reid and Robinson at the safeties.
Originally posted by walshjr1978:

I definitely agree. Just how we addressed our line in this draft, I think they will address CBs early in next years draft. But they NEED to lock up Brown, he doesnt get enough credit for how good he really is.