There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CJ Spillman

Does he make the team?
[ Edited by JimDrinkAMiller on Jul 4, 2013 at 9:38 AM ]
Absolutely! He's also a leader in ST tackles.

S (5): Donte Whitner, Eric Reid, Craig Dahl, C.J. Spillman and Trenton Robinson - Darcel McBath, Michael Thomas and Raymond Ventrone are gone.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Absolutely! He's also a leader in ST tackles.

S (5): Donte Whitner, Eric Reid, Craig Dahl, C.J. Spillman and Trenton Robinson - Darcel McBath, Michael Thomas and Raymond Ventrone are gone.

he flies to the punt returner all the time on special teams. never fails
I think he is worthy and should receive a shot he is fast can tackle all of the above he should get a chance on defense to not only st
He definetely has value on the st, haven't seen him play safety enough to know his value there, but in the divisional game he was on top of that muffed punt before Ross could even reach for it.
he's not starter material, but he adds tremendous value as a STer.
He is better than Craig Dahl
Just a stud ST'er until he proves otherwise.
I have been saying all along that CJ is capable of being a starter in the safety position. He just needs reps to see what he is fully capable of. The more and more I see it coming closer the more I wonder if Whitner will be on the bubble? I could see Reid moved to SS and Spillman to FS.
Spillman is the f**king man!
Does everything well we have asked him to do , would love to see him graduate
I like spillman just as much as the next guy but we did draft a guy at his position in the 1st after we signed dahl to a 3 year contract, that concerns me. Hopefully the competition brings the best out of him and he gets his opportunity.
Too much ST value to not make the team, period. Whether or not he can become an actual safety remains to be seen.
Spillman is our best ST'er, and he gets on the field in special defensive packages. No way he gets cut. IMO its time for Robinson to step up and show something because it seems McBath has leapfrogged him and Dahl will probably start out ahead of him. Thomas will go back to the PS.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I have been saying all along that CJ is capable of being a starter in the safety position. He just needs reps to see what he is fully capable of. The more and more I see it coming closer the more I wonder if Whitner will be on the bubble? I could see Reid moved to SS and Spillman to FS.

Or Dahl...or Robinson (since both S positions are interchangeable). Whoever can actually cover a taller TE or slot WR. Whitner gave up 14 TD's including 2 in the Superbowl on simple pass plays. If ANYONE can match up man-to-man, it could get interesting. Spillman seems to have good coverage skills from the limited snaps he's gotten. We should spot light him during pre season games.