LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

advice for brit,first time to candlestick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mod
  • Veteran
SF is like no other city in the world, I recommend at least staying a day in the city if you have an opportunity.
Oops, didn't read you were going in December.....final regular season game at the 'Stick...prep for a riot and bring your rain gear
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jul 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Robert:
Advice. Hummm. Let's see, in order:

1) You certainly don't need a cab from the airport. It's a very manageable walk and you wouldn't want to miss out on an opportunity to stroll through Hunter's point on your way to the stadium. Lots of boutique vendors and memorable vistas,

2) If you see some rough looking dudes in the parking lot dressed head to toe in red, be sure to disarm them with a local ice breaker "Tu madre mama mi verga, pinche puto Norteno!" It roughly translates "Your mother clearly raised you well and many blessings you, Northern friend!" I promise that you'll be surprised by their response.

3) Once inside, you might wonder how all those folks got down on the sidelines both before and during the game. Well, here's the scoop: the niners security staff employs a fun variation of the children's game "tag" to get the fan base pumped for games. So, when you see Kaepernick or Gore or any 49er starter on the field either during the games or warm ups, if you can jump on the field and "tag" that player before you get caught and before anyone else, then you get to stay on the sidelines for the remainder of the game!

Enjoy the game, friend! Go niners!

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Raul98:
You would have to leave the game at haltfime or 3rd quarter to make the flight. If you leave when the game ends it's very unlikely you will make it. You should just change it to the next morning and stay at a hotel near the airport.

^^
30 years!! AWESOME

As another fan of so many years, who grew up playing in the street in San Francisco on concrete with a 49er helmet on at the age of 4 and getting those scrapes and broken arms until a teenager and then playing on grass....thank you for being such a great fan!!

Chief, you owe it to yourself to stay the night in San Francisco. If not two.

There is no other answer my man!
well what can i say-thanks for all the reply`s.
So now because it looks like i`m staying for a night or two,my wife has taked an interest in seeing the sights(she has zero interest in football).We are looking at staying in the fishermans wharf area-how easy is it to get to and from the stadium from this area?
thanks
mark
Originally posted by markpj1:
So now because it looks like i`m staying for a night or two,my wife has taked an interest in seeing the sights(she has zero interest in football).We are looking at staying in the fishermans wharf area-how easy is it to get to and from the stadium from this area?
thanks
mark

Im no expert on getting around in SF, but I do know that Fisherman's Wharf is clear across the city from Candlestick. It doesnt take too long to get anywhere in SF though.

Id guess the best route would be Embarcadero to 280.
thanks
mark

Easiest way i think to get to fishermans wharf from the stick is walk to third street and catch the T third street car to the Embarcadero station from there you can walk to Pier 39 about a 20 minute walk or you can catch the F street car. I would also think about calling a cab from one of the side streets of candlestick might be more expensive but would get you out of dealing with the packed T Third street car.
if you are given a warm ale, it's most likely piss. we only drink cold beer in america, so watch out for that trick!
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
if you are given a warm ale, it's most likely piss. we only drink cold beer in america, so watch out for that trick!

Would that be the cold beer they call lite beer? Cos that's piss as well.

hi guys,
i`m taking a vacation in vegas in december and have managed to get a ticket for the mon night falcons game on dec 23rd.I`ve been a 49 fan for 30 years but have never had the
opportunity to see 9ers at the stick so i thought i better go before they move out.
I`m hoping to travel back to vegas after the game,my flight is at 10.35pm.Is this flight makeable or would you recomend an overnight stay?
I`ll be taking a cab back to the airport-are there plenty of cabs available after the game?
Any advice would be really appreciated
mark

Simple answer, no. You will not make your flight if at 10:35 pm... then I saw your follow up post:

well what can i say-thanks for all the reply`s. So now because it looks like i`m staying for a night or two,my wife has taked an interest in seeing the sights(she has zero interest in football). We are looking at staying in the fishermans wharf area-how easy is it to get to and from the stadium from this area? thanks
mark

There is a shuttle bus (MUNI) you can take from the Wharf to the game ($12-15 a person, I believe). It'll take you directly to the game and back, just make sure you remember which line you took so it's easier for you to get back. If you need more info on the shuttle, your hotel concierge can help you with that. Come gameday, it's about a 45 minutes ride from the Wharf to Candlestick.

once again thanks for all the replies.looks like we`ve started a new thread about who makes the best beer.Being from england it`s more about taste than temperature.

Hope to see all of you who manage to get to wembley,luckily for me just a 2hr drive

thanks a lot
mark

go 9ers
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
u should've gone to a different game. We're gonna lose that one and it's gonna ruin your entire trip.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

Would that be the cold beer they call lite beer? Cos that's piss as well.

Grab a few brews from any of the bars in downtown SF... they only serve trash at the stadium if remember correctly. (I'm not a big fan of paying $8 or whatever it costs for a beer so I really dont remember)
Originally posted by kidash98:
hi guys,
i`m taking a vacation in vegas in december and have managed to get a ticket for the mon night falcons game on dec 23rd.I`ve been a 49 fan for 30 years but have never had the
opportunity to see 9ers at the stick so i thought i better go before they move out.
I`m hoping to travel back to vegas after the game,my flight is at 10.35pm.Is this flight makeable or would you recomend an overnight stay?
I`ll be taking a cab back to the airport-are there plenty of cabs available after the game?
Any advice would be really appreciated
mark

Simple answer, no. You will not make your flight if at 10:35 pm... then I saw your follow up post:

well what can i say-thanks for all the reply`s. So now because it looks like i`m staying for a night or two,my wife has taked an interest in seeing the sights(she has zero interest in football). We are looking at staying in the fishermans wharf area-how easy is it to get to and from the stadium from this area? thanks
mark

There is a shuttle bus (MUNI) you can take from the Wharf to the game ($12-15 a person, I believe). It'll take you directly to the game and back, just make sure you remember which line you took so it's easier for you to get back. If you need more info on the shuttle, your hotel concierge can help you with that. Come gameday, it's about a 45 minutes ride from the Wharf to Candlestick.

From the Wharf area I'd say Muni's 77X Game Day shuttle is the best way by far to get to and from. Cheap and easy.

http://sfmta.com/getting-around/destinations/candlestick-park
Share 49ersWebzone