LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

ALDON SMITH #7 - ON NFL NETWORK TOP 100

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Ether
  • Veteran
What a defensive draft class 2011 was. Three Top 7 players in the same draft class.
Anyone that actually watches Niner games knows that even though Aldon didn't record sacks after tearing his shoulder, he still was able to create a tremendous amount of pressure. As Aldon said, dont just look at the stats, watch the film.
[ Edited by SB6NOW on Jun 27, 2013 at 9:04 PM ]
I heard Aaron Rodgers asking for more out of his running game yet I heard nothing from AP about his passing game. Why? Because AP is a world class athlete that believes that he can shoulder the load vs 8 in the box even if his QB is sh!t. This is why the players picked him number 1. I believe QB and pass rusher are the 2 most important positions but AP transcended this last year. Now if Aldon gets 25+ sacks he may surpass every player in this league
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 27, 2013 at 9:07 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
49ers have 7 players in the top 100 of 2013 and 2 players in the top 10.

Not bad, not bad.
Originally posted by SB6NOW:
Anyone that actually watches Niner games knows that even though Aldon didn't record sacks after tearing his shoulder, he still was able to create a tremendous amount of pressure. As Aldon said, dont just look at the stats, watch the film.

This. I re-watched the playoff game against the Packers and Aldon was getting pressure on Rodgers a lot.

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
http://instagram.com/p/bFP7HHPCuO/

Aldon has the best hairstyle by far. Soul Glo!!

SAY IT OHHH SAY IT AGAIN!
Is there not a video of him being presented by other people? If it's just him in the studio, that's kind of lame. I didn't see Goldson's either
i hope aldon grows out the jheri curl lol
It's a bit off to have him ahead of Willis, but it represents the level to which Aldon affects opponent's minds. When players think of other players that give them nightmares, it's more often someone like Aldon breaking up their play in the backfield vs Willis cleaning up after someone slips through the cracks. Willis' role is more responsive and focused on sound technique and decision making compared to Aldon's aggressively disruptive role. Aldon will make someone look the fool more often because of his role, and that goes a long way in players' minds.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Jun 28, 2013 at 3:23 AM ]

Originally posted by 49erRider:
This is the way it is. Pass rusher is more important than a middle linebacker. Period.

Adrian Peterson is #1, but no way in hell I would take him over Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers if I was starting a team from scratch. Why? QB is more important than RB. Period.

I forgot that this was the NFL's Top 100 Most Important Players.......

You cant have it both ways, Aldon being higher than Willis because of pass rusher being more important than MLB, and then AP over all the QB's....but QB's are more important than RB's.
[ Edited by NinerFan408 on Jun 28, 2013 at 7:28 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
I forgot that this was the NFL's Top 100 Most Important Players.......

Top 100 players in 2012.
[ Edited by buck on Jun 29, 2013 at 7:29 PM ]
lol @ the nflN for thinking this list is a big deal. It's a shame where smith is 7 and willis is 10; however, Bowman isn't #1.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
lol @ the nflN for thinking this list is a big deal. It's a shame where smith is 7 and willis is 10; however, Bowman isn't #1.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
stupid, meaningless list is stupid and meaningless.
Share 49ersWebzone