There are 301 users in the forums

ALDON SMITH #7 - ON NFL NETWORK TOP 100

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by frankie:
This has to be it! Torn labrum no sacks but still scared the s**t outta opposing qbs lmao

maybe the injury and zero sacks post injury didnt but the 33.5 prior to the injury would, especially when 6 of his targets were on the top 100 list also.
Show me the vid!
Love Aldon, but.....

Wonder where he would have ranked w/o that fantastic performance against Chicago's backup QB with other injuries on the O?
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Love Aldon, but.....

Wonder where he would have ranked w/o that fantastic performance against Chicago's backup QB with other injuries on the O?

That can be said about more then one player on the list.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Love Aldon, but.....

That can be said about more then one player on the list.

Didn't Clay Matthews play vs that OL twice last season? 20 sacks is 20 sacks and 19.5 is impressive and over 2 seasons he has been record setting. You just don't luck into that type of production. Ask Ben Roethlisburger about Aldon and they wipe d one of his sacks away because of penalty in that game
http://www.nfl.com/top100/2013#video=0ap2000000215291

There he is!!
Love Aldon, but.....

Or, you can wonder where he would rank if he didn't suffer a torn labrum 3/4 of the way through the season. He might have ranked higher than Watt.
LOL @ them ranking Aldon higher than Willis. I guess it was just based off statistics from the prior season, and not career as a whole obviously though. Willis recorded his lowest # of tackles and sacks. But there are many reasons for that. Oh well, not a big deal. Onto training camp!
Wow the confidense is about a good notch below cocky, and vets are comparing him to Deacon? Damn they have massive respect for this kid!!
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Or, you can wonder where he would rank if he didn't suffer a torn labrum 3/4 of the way through the season. He might have ranked higher than Watt.

I love how he wants to be number 1. I think he can do it if things breaks right and I mean number 1 as a defensive player. He would have to collect 25+ sacks to be number 1 overall. He seems to have the desire to be the best. Thing is we need to be prepared to pay him this offseason and we will probably need to pay him more than Clay if his production continues to warrant this. He will be one of the highest paid players on this team. Dude is special!!

Love Aldon but...

if any Niner deserves to be #7, it's NaVorro Bowman.
Peyton Manning ahead of Brady and Rodgers is a complete f**king joke...and aldon and willis should swap positions
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Peyton Manning ahead of Brady and Rodgers is a complete f**king joke...and aldon and willis should swap positions

This is the way it is. Pass rusher is more important than a middle linebacker. Period.

Adrian Peterson is #1, but no way in hell I would take him over Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers if I was starting a team from scratch. Why? QB is more important than RB. Period.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

This is the way it is. Pass rusher is more important than a middle linebacker. Period.

Adrian Peterson is #1, but no way in hell I would take him over Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers if I was starting a team from scratch. Why? QB is more important than RB. Period.

AP made something out of nothing vs 8 in the box. A QB must have a capable OL, WR, TE and hopefully a serviceable running game to be at his most effective. QB is the most important position but they need plenty of help. A QB just can't make the playoffs happen without the surrounding parts because they just don't have that type of world class athleticism. AP made the playoffs happen without much at QB and the lack of a number 1 WR for a good part of the season. Remarkable
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM ]
Just saw Aldon on NFLN he's rocking the jheri curl. The 49ers need to hurry up and win a championship, so he can get that s**t cut.
Share 49ersWebzone