LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Who's better? Willis or Aldon

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's better? Willis or Aldon

NFL Top 100 has Aldon ranked higher than Pat. What do yall think? Personally I think they are looking at stats and not at what the player offers. Pat is the greatest Niner of the last 20 years. Aldon has been incredibly impressive, but he aint no P Willy.
An edge rusher the caliber of Aldon Smith is simply much more valuable than a MLB the caliber of Willis. Willis of course is one of the top three MLB's in the game, and likely a future HOF. BUT, if i was building a team and could only have one of the two to choose from, the easy choice would be aldon smith. It is simply a more valuable position. Much easier to find a pretty solid servicable MLB, than it is to find a servicable edge rishing OLB. In his first two seasons he has more sacks than any other OLB in their first two seasons ever.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jun 27, 2013 at 5:37 PM ]
I'm not sold on Aldon until he can record a sack with out Justin Smith next to him.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
An edge rusher the caliber of Aldon Smith is simply much more valuable than a MLB the caliber of Willis. Willis of course is one of the top three MLB's in the game, and likely a future HOF. BUT, if i was building a team and could only have one of the two to choose from, the easy choice would be aldon smith. It is simply a more valuable position. Much easier to find a pretty solid servicable MLB, than it is to find a servicable edge rishing OLB. In his first two seasons he has more sacks than any other OLB in their first two seasons ever.

This says it all for me, thanks.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
He does line up on Ray Macs side quite a bit to where he has gotten sacks.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Aldon is more valuable and you will see when he signs that monster extension.
"Stats are for losers" said Justin Smith
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm not sold on Aldon until he can record a sack with out Justin Smith next to him.

You mean until he can record one with a screwed up shoulder? He did in fact. Guy was hurt, cut him a break. He still had several sacks taken away due to penaltys after smith went out, and had a ton of QB hurries. Guy is a stud, and most guys with the injury he had wouldnt even be servicable.
Originally posted by susweel:
Aldon is more valuable and you will see when he signs that monster contract with the cowboys.

this
Does any one have the Aldon Smith video from the countdown? for some reason his is the only video missing from NFL.com

ERMERGERHD I POSTED SPAM SAMMICHES AND RUBBERNECK MADE ME EAT IT.
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Jun 27, 2013 at 8:39 PM ]
Like many out there I am a Patrick Willis guy. PWille brings an intangible aspect that could never be measured in stats. In the end I'm a 49er fan, winning takes 53 players.
Willis is the best at his position in the entire league for about 5 seasons running now.

He's already done that a number of times lining up over the RT. Even when he's on the weakside he's gotten plenty of sacks by simply owning the LT with speed or bullrush. The stunts with J. Smith are very effective, but to say he can't record a sack without him is some BS the media made up.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 27, 2013 at 6:23 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:

He's already done that a number of times lining up over the RT. Even when he's on the weakside he's gotten plenty of sacks by simply owning the LT with speed or bullrush. The stunts with J. Smith are very effective, but to say he can't record a sack without him is some BS the media made up.

Aldon playing injured compounded with the injury to Justin made his production suffer otherwise he would have broken Strahan's record
Share 49ersWebzone