There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs NFC West

Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Niners are the most consistent team in the NFL over the last 3 years... The problem is there has been 1 team "Slightly" better each year. 2011 NYG 2012 BAL now 2013 SEA... How do we get over the hump? More physical corners, I think Drafting FS Reid was clutch and you have to resign Whitner because they don't come much better and he's earned his keep at SS. Only corners who I would keep are Brock, Culliver and maybe Cox, but they should be competing for the nickel position at this point, NOT as starters or we are in trouble. Our front 7 you have to keep for the next 2-3 years , that's our foundation. Offense, I would say our Oline is among the elite, but we can play more physical. Lattimore should help next season and I think Hunter is ready to replace Gore when the time comes. Kaepernick is star, but year 4 needs to become more of a complete quarterback, be able to win games with his arm and not stay disguised by our scheme. Keep Crabtree and Boldin and add some speedy reliable wide puts, Patton played well and hope to see him stay healthy next season. We are close !!!!!! But the other teams are getting better as well!!!!

Maybe its sour grapes to say this, but I really do believe that the 49ers have been the BEST team in the NFL over the last 3 years.

It makes me so mad the way NFL officials have decided our big games. Obviously we have to do a much better job at putting the game far enough out of reach to where bad calls dont make the difference, but I always argue that in big games against the very best teams, its unrealistic to expect anything BUT a close game. Then when the calls influence the final score, its maddening.

In 2011 against the Giants, they were flat out gifted that NFC Title. Kyle Williams and the refs handed it over on a silver platters. The 2 Williams PR fumbles, and the Bradshaw fumble that the refs blew dead quicker than any forward progress in NFL history. Any one of those 3 things goes our way, were in the SB playing a Patriots team that we were flat out better than.

In 2012 against the Ravens....theres about 10 calls that the refs made (or didnt make) because a little voice in their earpiece said "Lets get Ray out on top." The Bruce Miller KR mugging, the Crabtree PI, the Cary Williams ref SHOVE, etc. Im slowly erasing every call from my memory to keep some sanity.

In 2013 against SEA, the roughing the punter missed call. Plus the frustrating part of outplaying Seattle to the point where we have them on their heels, down to the 18 with 2 timeouts and a fresh set of downs, and we just didnt choose to talk it over first and make a plan.

All 3 years our season was ended by the Super Bowl champ, but it doesnt make things sting any less. I think we are the most complete team in the NFL, and on a neutral field we beat SEA 6 times out of 10. But thats not how things work out.

The part of this season that irks me the most is that Brooks hit on Brees. That one call essentially cost us a Super Bowl title. The Saints game wasnt "over" if we get that Brees fumble, but its very likely we hold on. Then we get home field over SEA, we play the Title game IN SF, that small margin of advantage swings our way, we win that game, we beat the Broncos.

Call these things excuses, but since the 2011 NFC Champ game, it certainly feels like weve gotten almost no lucky breaks or anything but bad calls from the refs. I just hope it doesnt create an atmosphere where the team gets the discouragement bug.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Maybe its sour grapes to say this, but I really do believe that the 49ers have been the BEST team in the NFL over the last 3 years.

It makes me so mad the way NFL officials have decided our big games. Obviously we have to do a much better job at putting the game far enough out of reach to where bad calls dont make the difference, but I always argue that in big games against the very best teams, its unrealistic to expect anything BUT a close game. Then when the calls influence the final score, its maddening.

In 2011 against the Giants, they were flat out gifted that NFC Title. Kyle Williams and the refs handed it over on a silver platters. The 2 Williams PR fumbles, and the Bradshaw fumble that the refs blew dead quicker than any forward progress in NFL history. Any one of those 3 things goes our way, were in the SB playing a Patriots team that we were flat out better than.

In 2012 against the Ravens....theres about 10 calls that the refs made (or didnt make) because a little voice in their earpiece said "Lets get Ray out on top." The Bruce Miller KR mugging, the Crabtree PI, the Cary Williams ref SHOVE, etc. Im slowly erasing every call from my memory to keep some sanity.

In 2013 against SEA, the roughing the punter missed call. Plus the frustrating part of outplaying Seattle to the point where we have them on their heels, down to the 18 with 2 timeouts and a fresh set of downs, and we just didnt choose to talk it over first and make a plan.

All 3 years our season was ended by the Super Bowl champ, but it doesnt make things sting any less. I think we are the most complete team in the NFL, and on a neutral field we beat SEA 6 times out of 10. But thats not how things work out.

The part of this season that irks me the most is that Brooks hit on Brees. That one call essentially cost us a Super Bowl title. The Saints game wasnt "over" if we get that Brees fumble, but its very likely we hold on. Then we get home field over SEA, we play the Title game IN SF, that small margin of advantage swings our way, we win that game, we beat the Broncos.

Call these things excuses, but since the 2011 NFC Champ game, it certainly feels like weve gotten almost no lucky breaks or anything but bad calls from the refs. I just hope it doesnt create an atmosphere where the team gets the discouragement bug.

Reading this makes me sad and gets the blood boiling at the same time.
Originally posted by PDX_Faithful84:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Maybe its sour grapes to say this, but I really do believe that the 49ers have been the BEST team in the NFL over the last 3 years.

It makes me so mad the way NFL officials have decided our big games. Obviously we have to do a much better job at putting the game far enough out of reach to where bad calls dont make the difference, but I always argue that in big games against the very best teams, its unrealistic to expect anything BUT a close game. Then when the calls influence the final score, its maddening.

In 2011 against the Giants, they were flat out gifted that NFC Title. Kyle Williams and the refs handed it over on a silver platters. The 2 Williams PR fumbles, and the Bradshaw fumble that the refs blew dead quicker than any forward progress in NFL history. Any one of those 3 things goes our way, were in the SB playing a Patriots team that we were flat out better than.

In 2012 against the Ravens....theres about 10 calls that the refs made (or didnt make) because a little voice in their earpiece said "Lets get Ray out on top." The Bruce Miller KR mugging, the Crabtree PI, the Cary Williams ref SHOVE, etc. Im slowly erasing every call from my memory to keep some sanity.

In 2013 against SEA, the roughing the punter missed call. Plus the frustrating part of outplaying Seattle to the point where we have them on their heels, down to the 18 with 2 timeouts and a fresh set of downs, and we just didnt choose to talk it over first and make a plan.

All 3 years our season was ended by the Super Bowl champ, but it doesnt make things sting any less. I think we are the most complete team in the NFL, and on a neutral field we beat SEA 6 times out of 10. But thats not how things work out.

The part of this season that irks me the most is that Brooks hit on Brees. That one call essentially cost us a Super Bowl title. The Saints game wasnt "over" if we get that Brees fumble, but its very likely we hold on. Then we get home field over SEA, we play the Title game IN SF, that small margin of advantage swings our way, we win that game, we beat the Broncos.

Call these things excuses, but since the 2011 NFC Champ game, it certainly feels like weve gotten almost no lucky breaks or anything but bad calls from the refs. I just hope it doesnt create an atmosphere where the team gets the discouragement bug.

Reading this makes me sad and gets the blood boiling at the same time.

Just close your eyes and pretend you are a Browns fan. Then take a deep breath. All should be well.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Make one play.

Lets hope it's not to Crabtree in the corner. I've seen that movie in 2012 and 2013.....

Yup. No one wants to see the same movie over and over and over and over.

I'll be honest, this division is going to be a nightmare next year and we shouldn't just focus on Seattle. Thanks to the Washington Redshambles, the Rams are going to get massively stronger with 2 first round picks this year. The Cardinals are already proving they belong in the top of the NFL as well.

Probably not in 2014, but in 2015 I think the Seahawks may take a real dip as the Cap catches up on them though it may hit them this year as a number of guys are on one year deals and will now want to get paid as Superbowl winners - Avril and Bennet. Sherman will take them for all he can, they need to pay Wilson and Harvin is eating up a lot of cap space plus a few draft picks.

We have an advantage in being stacked again with draft picks this year, I think ultimately though (and it will upset people here) we're going to have to be prepared to move on from some big-hearted veterans if their performance falls off in 2014. Although I really hope we win it this season with them, there comes a time where their performance on the field is not what it was and it detracts from the development of the younger players who will become our core.

It's going to be a hell of a season but people need to realise now that it will be a dog fight, and it's also likely we will be on the road if we make the play-offs as our division will be so competitive.
oi think the rams and cardinals shouldnt be slept on either. all four teams are in the top 10 in the nfl as far as im concerned. injuries set a few of the teams back this year but when healthy this division is scary good and extremely physical. seattle will start losing guys to the salary cap and so will be but were in great shape with draft picks this year and a few of our redshirt guys and rookies getting more playing time next year. i think we win it all next year but its not gonna be easy
I'm not that scared of the Rams or Cardinals. It sounds like the Rams are sticking with Bradford and that isn't a very scary prospect... but those Redskins picks have put them in a great position to quickly improve their roster. It is still the draft though... and busts happen all of the time... the Rams aren't immune just because they have two 1st rounders. Team coached by Fisher tend to be really competitive so those wins won't come easily but by no means are they impossible.

The Cardinals still have Carson Palmer. Big upgrade from Kolb and the mess they had after Kurt Warner... but it is still Palmer. He is easy to sack and easy to pressure into bad throws. As strong as their defense is... they don't match up well at all against the 49ers offense. Which is why the 49ers are 5-1 against the Cardinals since 2011 when Harbaugh and Roman gave some legitimacy to the offense. Although I guess even going back as far as 2009... the 49er are 9-1 against Arizona. I don't see how its going to get better for them with Kap getting better.
For the past 3 years I've been hearing watch out for the Rams and Cardinals but let's be honest this division will once again to the Niners and Seahawks. Those other 2 aren't up the level of us and the hawks
well i just hope the the Lambs and the Tards can throw some DEATH BLOWS to them seacocks during the upcoming season.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
For the past 3 years I've been hearing watch out for the Rams and Cardinals but let's be honest this division will once again to the Niners and Seahawks. Those other 2 aren't up the level of us and the hawks

Yeah, they have both added a lot of talented players but I guess it is still a QB league. The one thing that neither of them has added is a bigtime QB. They have decent guys who might get them to 10 wins.. but 10 wins might not cut it when you have to beat out the 49ers and Seahawks
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Niners are the most consistent team in the NFL over the last 3 years... The problem is there has been 1 team "Slightly" better each year. 2011 NYG 2012 BAL now 2013 SEA... How do we get over the hump? More physical corners, I think Drafting FS Reid was clutch and you have to resign Whitner because they don't come much better and he's earned his keep at SS. Only corners who I would keep are Brock, Culliver and maybe Cox, but they should be competing for the nickel position at this point, NOT as starters or we are in trouble. Our front 7 you have to keep for the next 2-3 years , that's our foundation. Offense, I would say our Oline is among the elite, but we can play more physical. Lattimore should help next season and I think Hunter is ready to replace Gore when the time comes. Kaepernick is star, but year 4 needs to become more of a complete quarterback, be able to win games with his arm and not stay disguised by our scheme. Keep Crabtree and Boldin and add some speedy reliable wide puts, Patton played well and hope to see him stay healthy next season. We are close !!!!!! But the other teams are getting better as well!!!!

Maybe its sour grapes to say this, but I really do believe that the 49ers have been the BEST team in the NFL over the last 3 years.

It makes me so mad the way NFL officials have decided our big games. Obviously we have to do a much better job at putting the game far enough out of reach to where bad calls dont make the difference, but I always argue that in big games against the very best teams, its unrealistic to expect anything BUT a close game. Then when the calls influence the final score, its maddening.

In 2011 against the Giants, they were flat out gifted that NFC Title. Kyle Williams and the refs handed it over on a silver platters. The 2 Williams PR fumbles, and the Bradshaw fumble that the refs blew dead quicker than any forward progress in NFL history. Any one of those 3 things goes our way, were in the SB playing a Patriots team that we were flat out better than.

In 2012 against the Ravens....theres about 10 calls that the refs made (or didnt make) because a little voice in their earpiece said "Lets get Ray out on top." The Bruce Miller KR mugging, the Crabtree PI, the Cary Williams ref SHOVE, etc. Im slowly erasing every call from my memory to keep some sanity.

In 2013 against SEA, the roughing the punter missed call. Plus the frustrating part of outplaying Seattle to the point where we have them on their heels, down to the 18 with 2 timeouts and a fresh set of downs, and we just didnt choose to talk it over first and make a plan.

All 3 years our season was ended by the Super Bowl champ, but it doesnt make things sting any less. I think we are the most complete team in the NFL, and on a neutral field we beat SEA 6 times out of 10. But thats not how things work out.

The part of this season that irks me the most is that Brooks hit on Brees. That one call essentially cost us a Super Bowl title. The Saints game wasnt "over" if we get that Brees fumble, but its very likely we hold on. Then we get home field over SEA, we play the Title game IN SF, that small margin of advantage swings our way, we win that game, we beat the Broncos.

Call these things excuses, but since the 2011 NFC Champ game, it certainly feels like weve gotten almost no lucky breaks or anything but bad calls from the refs. I just hope it doesnt create an atmosphere where the team gets the discouragement bug.

TRUTH! It's time we stop doubting our team and shed light on the real issue, the refs keeping their hands in our proverbial POCKET. Zoners sit here talking about what we need to do to "catch up to Seattle" when we have been in the hunt and robbed blind the past three years. This shouldn't even be up for debate anymore at this point. It's not like we get to big games and get blown out, we get to big games and have to play the refs and whatever opponet. We just have to turn it up a notch so that the zebras can't play a role in the game, we just have to get to the playoffs and curb stomp teams.
Is AZ going to stick with Palmer next year? Because it seemed to me like they were constantly winning despite him. Could be good for us if he stays IMO
bleh was posting about this

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/parking-lot/177022-check-out-this-video/
[ Edited by WINiner on Feb 4, 2014 at 6:19 PM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
Watch this video. Undeniable proof the refs rigged the NFCCG, including video proof that only 34, not 40, seconds expired between plays and Kap getting flagged for delay, just before the sack fumble play.



OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
another sighting of the conspiracy video