There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs NFC West

Originally posted by OrlandoNiner:
It comes down to one thing above all else: coaching.

I really hate to admit this, but Seattle OWNS us in this department and I have to say I admire what Pete Carroll has managed to pull off up in Seattle. That team was absolutely nowhere three years ago and now they just had the biggest rout in Super Bowl history since 1992 against the supposed best QB of the modern era.

There is no reason why we should always have our snaps come up right against the play clock. There is no reason why we should always be running out of timeouts. There is no reason why our play calls should be predictable as all hell and why we can't run simple screens or fade routes. There is no reason why our secondary should be biting so badly on plays like that long TD in the Seattle game.

Two years ago we had more talent than Seattle. Last year we had more talent than Seattle. This year we had as much talent as Seattle. Seattle spanked us in December last year and they outperformed us this year. No reason why that should happen when we started off with a more stacked team than they did. Right now Carroll owns Harbaugh, and Harbaugh needs to step up. He can start by dumping the cancer that is Greg Roman.

Our coaching is lacking in some phases and is overrated on the WZ IMO by a long shot. But we have a lot more problems than that. No doubt that is one of them though. Yes Carroll has been a better coach lately IMO.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
After that NFC Championship, I'm not worried about the noise or any of those other factors that are out of our control when playing Seattle. We had them. Better decision making, better use of all of our skill player on offense, and protecting the ball, and we can beat those guys.

But this Super Bowl to me has demonstrated that in 2014, there are only two teams that have a shot at winning it all. There's Seattle and there's us. Everyone else is just pretending.

THIS!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I after watch tons of film, I think the way to beat Seattle is to out score them.

Thank you John Madden.

nailed it.
Originally posted by niners94:
We need to able to run. Hope Lattimore can be a factor. He can be a beast if he fully recovers. Gore is still great, but he isn't fast and big.

Lattimore is what excites me for next season!
well the seahawks won the superbowl at a neutral field and the 49ers O line is regarded as one of the best. Who do you replace?? Goodwin?? In my opinion Kap has to get better as a pocket passer AND the play calls have to get better; Combination of both.

Look at Baldwin and Lockette. They both made plays in the superbowl and we couldve had both with a late draft pick and retaining one on the roster. It has to be more than just personnel.
you have to be able to run the ball. If you can't run the ball, you better have a QB that can run to extend plays and pick up first downs.

then you better not have penalties and turnovers. Keep yourself out of 3rd and longs.

we couldn't run the ball. But Kap kept us in it. Then some fluky plays/mistakes/screwjobs happened and we were down by 4. Either way we were still in position to win the game at Seattle. I'm very confident going into next season. We know how to play Russell. It seemed like the Broncos take our, Cards, Panthers, Saints approach to keeping Wilson in the pocket. The Broncos coaching staff said they wanted to make him run to his left...lolololol.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Feb 2, 2014 at 8:21 PM ]
While it would be nice to draft a top flight WR and CB, I will be watching to see if Kap shows improvement on his ability to read quickly his best pass options and throw to his guys before their break. That is definitely an area he needs to grow. I think he will but if he doesn't, I will be worried.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
While it would be nice to draft a top flight WR and CB, I will be watching to see if Kap shows improvement on his ability to read quickly his best pass options and throw to his guys before their break. That is definitely an area he needs to grow. I think he will but if he doesn't, I will be worried.

He doesn't typically throw receivers open. He waits until they are open.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

That's my point. He needs to learn.
Some speed on offense
Scoring more points than them.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

That's my point. He needs to learn.

He didn't learn that skill from last year to this year. Looks the same to me. Will he in the future? Who knows?
I wouldn't be against signing Alex Mack and letting Whitner, Brown and Goodwin kick rocks
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
I think we get rid of iupati and Davis. Kaep has zero time to throw. We rarely have a clean pocket and usually it points to these two.

Davis was given a 5 year extension. He isn't going anywhere
Originally posted by OrlandoNiner:
It comes down to one thing above all else: coaching.

I really hate to admit this, but Seattle OWNS us in this department and I have to say I admire what Pete Carroll has managed to pull off up in Seattle. That team was absolutely nowhere three years ago and now they just had the biggest rout in Super Bowl history since 1992 against the supposed best QB of the modern era.

There is no reason why we should always have our snaps come up right against the play clock. There is no reason why we should always be running out of timeouts. There is no reason why our play calls should be predictable as all hell and why we can't run simple screens or fade routes. There is no reason why our secondary should be biting so badly on plays like that long TD in the Seattle game.

Two years ago we had more talent than Seattle. Last year we had more talent than Seattle. This year we had as much talent as Seattle. Seattle spanked us in December last year and they outperformed us this year. No reason why that should happen when we started off with a more stacked team than they did. Right now Carroll owns Harbaugh, and Harbaugh needs to step up. He can start by dumping the cancer that is Greg Roman.

I think Carroll and Harbaugh are both good coaches but Carroll seems to have a better eye assessing talent and acquiring players that will be successful in his offensive/defensive schemes.

49ers seem to waste a lot of draft picks that dont pan out. Also their free agent signings other then Boldin hardly make an impact.

On the otherhand look at Seattle's free agent signings and how much impact they made. They got the Seahawks a SB victory,