LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So if talent isn't the question ... you know what is ....

THE SCHEME.

Yes, can't force the run, must be able to control the ball with short passes. Specifically must be able to control the ball with short passes, then when they come up tight, beat them deep over the top with a fast guy like Vernon Davis or Marquis Lee, etc
We need more team speed imo. No deep threats. No speed pass rushers other than Aldon.
Everything we do especially offensively is a struggle. Gotta loosen things up.
Its obvious we are missing something I hope we find that missing element.
Sad watching Seatle finish the job where we couldnt the last 3 years but Seattle was the best team
this year. Hard to admit
A change in defensive philosophy, from 3-4 to 4-3. Need a dominate inside tackle to plug the run, and need a bigger more physical secondary, too many smurfs in the niners secondary.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
After that NFC Championship, I'm not worried about the noise or any of those other factors that are out of our control when playing Seattle. We had them. Better decision making, better use of all of our skill player on offense, and protecting the ball, and we can beat those guys.

But this Super Bowl to me has demonstrated that in 2014, there are only two teams that have a shot at winning it all. There's Seattle and there's us. Everyone else is just pretending.

I agree 100% about the mystique of the clink. The niners got that monkey off their back because it wasn't the reason for the loss.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
I think we get rid of iupati and Davis. Kaep has zero time to throw. We rarely have a clean pocket and usually it points to these two.

Davis just signed an extension.
PLAY AT HOME.

If Brooks is allowed to tackle Drew Brees. We are holding that Lombardi right now.
Did you watch the game
I think we get rid of iupati and Davis. Kaep has zero time to throw. We rarely have a clean pocket and usually it points to these two.

nah dude
stop smoking crack plz.
Don't turn the ball over is the answer. 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter isn't the answer.

I tend to agree a bit. The O- Line lost it's physicality this year and Iupati seems vulnerable and Davis seems slow. We need to match the Shehawks physicality.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Don't turn the ball over is the answer. 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter isn't the answer.

Excellent point.
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Yes, can't force the run, must be able to control the ball with short passes. Specifically must be able to control the ball with short passes, then when they come up tight, beat them deep over the top with a fast guy like Vernon Davis or Marquis Lee, etc

Not sure having a fast guy is the answer. Manning got nothing with those short because Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor close in so quickly and if thru don't, those linebackers do. Kap would have to learn how spread the wealth before adding a reciever even matters.
guess we could have them take PED's like the Hawks
I agree our Oline this year was pathetic. Look at the numbers, which do not lie. Ironically though Seattle's Oline wasn't any greater.
[ Edited by awp8912 on Feb 2, 2014 at 7:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone