There are 184 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs NFC West

Originally posted by fister30:
Cards and 49ers can make the post season

And the saints can beat seattle this week
Goniners
The way i see it the best way for the Niners to beat Seattle is to build a completely awesome offensive line. I mean a dominant one like the Cowboys had in the 90s. I know its not the glamour draft pick but getting some really great o-linemen to go with their current ones will neutralize Seattle's D and make Kap and the Niners offense automatically 100 times better.
Who on our current OLine doesn't fit into your plan?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Who on our current OLine doesn't fit into your plan?

lol
Originally posted by Touchdown49ers2014:
The way i see it the best way for the Niners to beat Seattle is to build a completely awesome offensive line. I mean a dominant one like the Cowboys had in the 90s. I know its not the glamour draft pick but getting some really great o-linemen to go with their current ones will neutralize Seattle's D and make Kap and the Niners offense automatically 100 times better.

We have a great O-line already and from the looks of things we will be upgrading the Center position to boot.

Problem is how good can your O-line play with ear plugs in? How do you get off on the ball and drive block with no snap count? You are a 1/2 step slower dropping in to pass protection. That crowd noise is an O-line destroyer. Ear plugs. Are you kidding me? A stadium designed to increase crowd noise shouldn't be allowed in the NFL.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Who on our current OLine doesn't fit into your plan?

So if talent isn't the question ... you know what is ....

THE SCHEME.

The only possible weak link would be Goodwin.. and Im sure that is going to be fixed.

We need to load up on pass rushers that are fast. Like the Seahawks did with Bennett and Avril. They literally signed them JUST for Kap and they made a difference. I mean I love our guys, but i'd be okay signing a situational guy. Kinda like a Manny Lawson
After that NFC Championship, I'm not worried about the noise or any of those other factors that are out of our control when playing Seattle. We had them. Better decision making, better use of all of our skill player on offense, and protecting the ball, and we can beat those guys.

But this Super Bowl to me has demonstrated that in 2014, there are only two teams that have a shot at winning it all. There's Seattle and there's us. Everyone else is just pretending.
The way to beat them is to get home field advantage. The refs also have to start calling their dbs on the crap they pull.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
We have a great O-line already and from the looks of things we will be upgrading the Center position to boot.

Problem is how good can your O-line play with ear plugs in? How do you get off on the ball and drive block with no snap count? You are a 1/2 step slower dropping in to pass protection. That crowd noise is an O-line destroyer. Ear plugs. Are you kidding me? A stadium designed to increase crowd noise shouldn't be allowed in the NFL.

Great? Not so sure about that. Goodwin and Davis are problems.
Davis is not a problem. He was solid almost all year and our 2'nd best lineman in 2013.
Originally posted by WeDidIt:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
We have a great O-line already and from the looks of things we will be upgrading the Center position to boot.

Problem is how good can your O-line play with ear plugs in? How do you get off on the ball and drive block with no snap count? You are a 1/2 step slower dropping in to pass protection. That crowd noise is an O-line destroyer. Ear plugs. Are you kidding me? A stadium designed to increase crowd noise shouldn't be allowed in the NFL.

Great? Not so sure about that. Goodwin and Davis are problems.
Goodwin will be gone and Davis is pretty good. It's hard to stop an edge rusher when you have to look back at the center to know the ball is snapped. Denver is being humiliated on a neutral field vs a team we beat at home 2 years in a row and almost beat on their field in the playoffs while wearing ear plugs and being robbed by the officials repeated times. The 49ers are good. It wasn't our year. Crabtree and Patton being hurt held us back. If we had won 1 more game this year we would have been the #1 seed and had a bye week and home field advantage. If the officials had been better in Seattle WE might be kicking Denver's but right now.

Back in the 80's the 49ers had a lot of tough losses. The 85 Bears beat us up. The Giants knocked Montana out of the game in the playoffs. Still we were the team of the 80's. In a regular season game in the 90's the Lions were beating Steve Young like and old rug. Eventually Seifert removed Young before he was killed. Young threw his helmut in disgust. We won the Superbowl that year. As much as I want to you simply can't win them all.
I think we get rid of iupati and Davis. Kaep has zero time to throw. We rarely have a clean pocket and usually it points to these two.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,931
Find someone that can devise better play-calling (especially in red zone) to win... many teams have done it with less talent.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,931
Originally posted by WeDidIt:
The way to beat them is to get home field advantage. The refs also have to start calling their dbs on the crap they pull.

Especially this!

It's hard enough to beat them with their 12th man, but when we gotta go up against the 13th man (officials) as well, all bets are off!!