There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs NFC West

Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He was 8/19 for 142, and int and a TD a few weeks ago at home against us. Is that too far in the past to mention as well? Sounds like the same QB to me...

You do realize you have a pretty good defense right. Not very many QB's in the league are going to have great numbers against the niners D. instead of trying to discredit Wilson, how bout giving your defense a little credit... I wouldn't say Kap sucks because he's had very little success against us, i'd say we match up well against SF and have a pretty good D. That's just me though.

You pointed to wilson's stats against us at home last year Nd said that was a totally different qb then the todays. Well he put up the same stats a few weeks ago.

Thats all.
He was 8/19 for 142, and int and a TD a few weeks ago at home against us. Is that too far in the past to mention as well? Sounds like the same QB to me...

You do realize you have a pretty good defense right. Not very many QB's in the league are going to have great numbers against the niners D. instead of trying to discredit Wilson, how bout giving your defense a little credit... I wouldn't say Kap sucks because he's had very little success against us, i'd say we match up well against SF and have a pretty good D. That's just me though.

You pointed to wilson's stats against us at home last year Nd said that was a totally different qb then the todays. Well he put up the same stats a few weeks ago.

Thats all.

I would never try to discredit Wilson. He's a top-tier shorterback.

Thats all.

So you're suggesting RW is at the same level of play he was when he faced SF for the first time last season.
15-21 171 yrds 3 td's

Whole point to the argument is you can't go off stats from games played last season. He played much better last December against the niners than he has in the other two. Each game is unique, situations change? If i was to take anything away from the last three matchups in predicting our next game it would be, SF brings a lot of pressure and the offense will probably struggle at times to sustain drives, which is why i predictied this game will be won on defense and special teams (field position), and hopefully a turnover or two... Neither of our offenses is going to steamroll over either defense, regardless who's back or not. JMO

Thats all.

So you're suggesting RW is at the same level of play he was when he faced SF for the first time last season.
15-21 171 yrds 3 td's

Whole point to the argument is you can't go off stats from games played last season. He played much better last December against the niners than he has in the other two. Each game is unique, situations change? If i was to take anything away from the last three matchups in predicting our next game it would be, SF brings a lot of pressure and the offense will probably struggle at times to sustain drives, which is why i predictied this game will be won on defense and special teams (field position), and hopefully a turnover or two... Neither of our offenses is going to steamroll over either defense, regardless who's back or not. JMO

I think the key to both teams will be their slot receivers, which neither team had in the last meeting....for the niners is Manningham...and for the Hawks is Harvin. The niner D doesn't have a shutdown slot CB and neither do the Hawks I don't think. Eric Wright is the question mark for the niners.
I think that's the winner so far. Russell Wilson is a NFL 'shorterback.'
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Again, let's talk about present day then.

We split 1-1 last year. We advanced further in the playoffs then you did.

You beat us twice at CLink. We still play you in SF, where we won last time. You haven't done anything special yet.
how is talking about last seasons accomplishments talking about present day?

The post I was responding to accused us of holding onto memories from 20+ years ago. I'm just going back to last season.

What happened last year is very much relevant to present day. It was less than a calendar year ago, with many of the same coaches and players.
Originally posted by Melvin:
Originally posted by frankie:
Id add last game at stick vs falcons for us as well!
Worthy mention as well
Seahawks vs giants, this game giants should get devoured, but end eli n co could gain some steam and play for pride, with looking to be long out of playoff race! Tho last game at stick, no julio, we should have that W

This is the nfl homerboy no one will lie down for the dusty old 9ers either Carolina after the bye may be tougher than you think that front 7 is badass and cam can go off once in a while and at Washington with rg3 getting better every week could also be tough so it go's both ways if you could see through those gold and rose colored glasses .

I never said they would! But way you talk bout our dusty old niner squad (funny) you already won! Wish i had some homer rose colored glasses id celebrate our superbowl! Tho since we are in wk 8, like i said originally niners and seattle aint won s**t yet! Til one is sent home from the playoffs or superbowl this seasons long from over! Or did you forget i said this!? Pick n choose what to talk bout much homie :)
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
This is the nfl homerboy no one will lie down for the dusty old 9ers either Carolina after the bye may be tougher than you think that front 7 is badass and cam can go off once in a while and at Washington with rg3 getting better every week could also be tough so it go's both ways if you could see through those gold and rose colored glasses .

So were the Titans for Seattle. Just leave already dude

And the texans!! Tho its ok :)
Originally posted by elguapo:
Seahawks struggle with quick,Wrs bc their CBS are bigger and slower. So against the giants they will struggle with cruz like they did with Ty Hilton. Also the hawks are merely a solid yet unspectacular team on the road so they could lose to the giants and atl, although they are both worse than last year and they may lose at home to the saints. Seattle is not that good of an offense and they will have trouble out scoring the saints and beating sf on the road where we embarrassed them last year. We held Wilson to what 7-21 for 110 passing and an int

You held a rookie to 7-21 passing for 110. Can we stop living in the past and come to the realization that Wilson is not the same qb you faced last season in SF? Those stats from that game are meaningless. Not to mention the 7 dropped passes didn't help his stats out either.... how exactly did you embarrass them by barely squeaking out a 13-7 victory.

as far as the Seattle is not that good of an offense comment, i find it very interesting you would go there when the stats clearly show that Seattle has had a much more productive offense up to this point. And let's be honest neither team has exploded out of the box on offense, but it would seem both teams are starting tp hit their stride now, and will continue to improve as we get players back. But just to show the numbers up to this point.

Seattle - ranked 7th - 2580 total yrds - 368.6 yrds per game - 191 total points - 27.3 points per game
SF - Ranked 16th - 2345 yrds - 335 yrds per game - 176 total points - 25.1 points per game

Defense is going to win this game, turnovers and ST's (field position) not offense.

Thank you very much I was about to post that. You hawks fans are really in denial and can't make a solid arguement with stats.
You might also want to note that the niners played way better teams to this point and Seattle has struggled big time against Carolina and Houston, he'll even the titans without locker, so they might want to try to stop talking.
Way to set that DF straight he was talking out his a$$.

And you might want to slow your roll before you start talking s**t. What a loser post
Melvin lol
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Melvin lol

lmao
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Melvin lol

lmao

Lol
Can't believe we are tied with the Cardinals at 6-4, and Rams sitting at 4-6.
Cards and 49ers can make the post season