There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs NFC West

Seattle is stacked with cheat codes and drugs.

Teh Rams only study our team . Fisher will be tried as a pederast.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I'm excited to see the Kaepernick/Boldin chemistry. I'm also glad Droptimus Prime signed with TN because this Vance fellow looks promising. Granted, I'm cautiously optimistic. I just think that our offense will blow up opposing defenses, despite our losing Crabtree. Boldin is a play-maker through and through.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees this. If our line pass protects well this season, I think we can be one of the more explosive offenses this season. We were already putting up lots of points with an inexperienced CK thrust into the lineup. Having the type of offense we had near the end of 2012, with CK having an even greater command (more decisiveness and hopefully a more smoother process of the coaches getting plays to the QB) + Vernon Davis, McDonald, Boldin (who has a lot more left in the tank than people believe), and a receiving core with a lot to prove (isn't this a contract year for Kyle Williams?), will leave defenses in a pick your poison kind of way. Then our defense will be completely healthy which makes us the number one and most complete team in the NFL.

The Rams gave us some problems last year, but I don't see this team coming out lethargic and flat at the start of games this season which is what allowed the Rams to hang around in those games in the first place.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees this. If our line pass protects well this season, I think we can be one of the more explosive offenses this season. We were already putting up lots of points with an inexperienced CK thrust into the lineup. Having the type of offense we had near the end of 2012, with CK having an even greater command (more decisiveness and hopefully a more smoother process of the coaches getting plays to the QB) + Vernon Davis, McDonald, Boldin (who has a lot more left in the tank than people believe), and a receiving core with a lot to prove (isn't this a contract year for Kyle Williams?), will leave defenses in a pick your poison kind of way. Then our defense will be completely healthy which makes us the number one and most complete team in the NFL.

The Rams gave us some problems last year, but I don't see this team coming out lethargic and flat at the start of games this season which is what allowed the Rams to hang around in those games in the first place.
I think Boldin has a lot left and can't wait to see him on the field. I expect him to surprise a lot of fans.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Seahawks and their punk fans to get a major whooping!

Thoughts?

You should have opened with this. And yes, I agree and Im sure everyone else in Seattle that are sick of these Hawks fans.

You have to cut Seattle's fans a little slack, they don't know how to act because their franchise has been irrelevant for its entire history. We as fans of one of the best sports franchises in the history of human existence have had far more experience in dealing with our team not sucking. These poor seadderal PEDS fans are jealous is all, they are tired of being the red headed stepchild of a franchise and figure that one win in the regular season is something to crow about.
The Rams are nothing to joke about; however, losing Ammendola and Jackson hurts that offense (Austin should offset Ammendola). They have a solid defense, but will struggle every week to score points.

The Seahawks are for real. They were the hottest team at the end of the season. The were good enough to spank us. I can't think of another team that was as balanced as they were. I'm not sure what the stats reflected, but they were easily top-3 on both sides of the ball late in the year. Seattle very easily could've went further last season. They lost to an Atlanta team that they should've beaten. It happens. Denver found that out last year and so did we in the Superbowl.

Seattle improved this offseason, while the Rams stayed neutral. We should beat the Rams both times, while we're probably going to be underdogs going to Seattle.
Both the Rams and the Hawks gave Kap fits... He couldnt do nothin against either of their Ds ... But im much more scarred of the Hawks O than that of the Rams... I am expecting a hard fought split in both series and yes i would be happy with a split in both series...
Both the Rams and Hawks have faster bigger meaner Ds than anything we faced in the postseason(Atl, GB, BAL)..
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Both the Rams and Hawks have faster bigger meaner Ds than anything we faced in the postseason(Atl, GB, BAL)..

I agree... both the Rams and Hawks have top 10 defenses... actually, all 4 teams in our division may have top 10 defenses
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I agree... both the Rams and Hawks have top 10 defenses... actually, all 4 teams in our division may have top 10 defenses

This is why the NFC West has turned into what the East used to be. If you get out of the NFC West and into the playoffs, you are battle-tested.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

This is why the NFC West has turned into what the East used to be. If you get out of the NFC West and into the playoffs, you are battle-tested.

The problem (specifically for SEA) is that without Home Field Advantage, they are a 'good' team... Sometime playing in a pansy division allows you to get home field advantage, which in some cases is monumental.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by baltien:
The "Harvin had no QB" argument is so weak. Before Ponder and Jackson he had Brett Favre. And his numbers were actually worse that year.

Back on topic, the Rams aren't much of a threat. It's not like they can bank out kicker missing five FG's a year, and receivers dropping wide open TD's. 'Ish happens.

Good point. The year that he had the most TD's, his first year, Farvre threw for over 4200 yards and Harvin had 790 of them. His average per catch has gone down each season to where it was about 11 yards per reception last year. Both Boldin and Crabtree were better than that. The last two years he's averaged over 30 yards per kickoff return, so that's an area of concern. But, he's also fumbled twice in each of the last two seasons. He's obviously a real good football player, but I don't see him as anything close to a world-beater and I really don't think he's worth anything close to a $63 million contract.

And, you're right about the Rams. Everyone is making it seem like the Rams have the Niners' number. I think that's heavily overstating the situation. I don't agree that the Niners were heavily out-coached. I would say slightly out-coached and I think both games were squeakers that the Rams were lucky not to lose.

That's what I'm saying. If Akers was anything close to his 2011 form then he notches both game winning field goals and nobody is having this argument.
Originally posted by Psinex:
One play I would watch out for is the midget-to-midget pass from Wilson to Harvin.

I'm a little nervous about Harvin, think he's a missing piece of the puzzle for the Seahogs. Also about Tavon Austin, although his addition is partially offset by losing Amendola. The Niners D has had some trouble covering the nifty slot guys in recent seasons. I think Carlos Rogers is a pretty decent corner but he was exposed when he went up against the better slot receivers. As far as I know, Fangio still plans on using Rogers on slot receivers.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I'm excited to see the Kaepernick/Boldin chemistry. I'm also glad Droptimus Prime signed with TN because this Vance fellow looks promising. Granted, I'm cautiously optimistic. I just think that our offense will blow up opposing defenses, despite our losing Crabtree. Boldin is a play-maker through and through.

Plus I can't wait to see our special teams return to 2011 form. They were able to consistently cut the field in half for great starting field position. We started pushed up against our own endzone way to much in 2012.
Revamped.

NinerBuff wrote:
Hawk Fans:Which players that an opposing fan wouldn't necessarily know look to be gaining some real traction? Any UDFA or low draft picks coming in a surprising?

Smelly McUgly wrote:Benson Mawoya and Allen Bradford are the two that immediately come to mind.

NinerBuff wrote:
Mayowa - DE or OLB?
Allen - ILB?

Smelly McUgly wrote:
NinerBuff: Pretty much. Mawoya will be at DE at the LEO/9-tech and Bradford is looking for playing time at MIKE next to Bobby Wagner.I think that, if you are watching the game tomorrow, you will want to focus on the front seven in terms of UDFA/low draft picks if you want to get an idea of where that sort of competition is for Seattle. I would also bring up John Lotulelei at LB as a UDFA that the regime is excited about, as well as Jesse Williams (of course) at 3-tech.

OreIdahawk wrote:
Mayowa is a LEO DE aka weakside end