There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs NFC West

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
seahawks got this s**t on lock. sorry guise.

Too early to say that. But if true, it's OK as long as we make the playoffs. I like our chances.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Haven't watched them much ....

I'll just say I'm pleased that the Hawks are leading the division at this point but, wont get too excited for several more weeks . . .

The Cards started 4-0 last season ;-)

Yeah...but the Hawks are way better than the Cards were.
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Haven't watched them much ....

I'll just say I'm pleased that the Hawks are leading the division at this point but, wont get too excited for several more weeks . . .

The Cards started 4-0 last season ;-)

Yeah...but the Hawks are way better than the Cards were.

We just have to keep winning games and stick with what works for us. We will get better and Kap will as well in the process
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Haven't watched them much ....

I'll just say I'm pleased that the Hawks are leading the division at this point but, wont get too excited for several more weeks . . .

The Cards started 4-0 last season ;-)

Yeah...but the Hawks are way better than the Cards were.

Exactly. The Cardinals early last season were a classic mirage. The Seahawks this season are a legitimate powerhouse. They've probably got the best defense in the league right now. Marshawn Lynch is a complete beast and Wilson is real good. Their receivers are good. I think most Niner fans are big enough to give a team its due when it deserves it. Right now, I see the Seahawks as the best team in the NFC.

But, it's still early. The Niners are also a legitimate contender and could easily make the playoffs. And, I don't know if anyone has noticed but quite a few of the teams who have gone all the way and won the Super Bowl lately were not considered the best teams going into the playoffs. The Giants have won a couple of championships by getting hot late. The Ravens were definitely not considered the best team going into the playoffs last year.
Right now its got to be Seattle and Denver. Denver looks better because they have Computer/OC on the field BRAIN. Plus a very talented D. But these early season power houses often fade. Atlanta has had great records many times. New Orleans has been power house and failed in the playoffs many times etc etc.

49ers just need to keep getting better, stay primed for a wild card or to over take the division when opportunities arise and we will be ok. Gotta remember, we have a good deal of winning playoff experience on our Defense and Offense. Looks good for us getting healthy late too. Ravens and Giants got healthy late. Same with the packers. The last dominant team to just get to the SB was the year Indy and NO were both dominant and tee'd off in the big game.
Originally posted by jcashen87:
Right now its got to be Seattle and Denver. Denver looks better because they have Computer/OC on the field BRAIN. Plus a very talented D. But these early season power houses often fade. Atlanta has had great records many times. New Orleans has been power house and failed in the playoffs many times etc etc.

49ers just need to keep getting better, stay primed for a wild card or to over take the division when opportunities arise and we will be ok. Gotta remember, we have a good deal of winning playoff experience on our Defense and Offense. Looks good for us getting healthy late too. Ravens and Giants got healthy late. Same with the packers. The last dominant team to just get to the SB was the year Indy and NO were both dominant and tee'd off in the big game.

Yes
Originally posted by jcashen87:
Right now its got to be Seattle and Denver. Denver looks better because they have Computer/OC on the field BRAIN. Plus a very talented D. But these early season power houses often fade. Atlanta has had great records many times. New Orleans has been power house and failed in the playoffs many times etc etc.

49ers just need to keep getting better, stay primed for a wild card or to over take the division when opportunities arise and we will be ok. Gotta remember, we have a good deal of winning playoff experience on our Defense and Offense. Looks good for us getting healthy late too. Ravens and Giants got healthy late. Same with the packers. The last dominant team to just get to the SB was the year Indy and NO were both dominant and tee'd off in the big game.

POTD truest statement ever. It's never the teams who start hot early, it's the teams that are the healthiest late in the season and the hottest late in the season.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Yep, no doubt there are a lot of things to improve upon.
But, last I checked it's the points allowed, not the yards, that matter . . .

Just realized they get Bruce back next week - anxious to see how he does at his new position.

Thanks Captain Obvious ... keep giving up 500 yd games and the points will come.
I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to work it out, as most have mentioned, Seahawks and Broncos are pretty much locks.

I was never sold on Broncos last season because of Manning's arm. But, you can see he is close to 100% now and with the addition of Welker, the offense has become even more potent under Peyton's leadership. Their D is tough and when you add their special teams aka Holliday, they are just plain good in all phases of the game. Yes, Manning's playoff chocking has been well-documented, but I just feel their talent can take them over the edge. As far as the AFC is concerned, the Pats is probably their only challenger.It will be an interesting game when they play in Foxborough in week 12.

As for the Seahawks, they might have less talent than the Broncos on the offensive side of the ball, but they have a reliable formula. They play hard D especially their secondary and they always cause turnovers to get the ball back to Wilson. As for offense, they just pound the ball with Wilson making strategic throws. You might say the Texans gave them the win, but no matter how tough the situation is, it seems they always have the resolve to still pull out with a W.

As for the 9ers, we need to get all our WRs back. We MUST beat the Seahawks in week 14 at home just to prove to ourselves we can beat them before the playoffs. We will lose NFC West, but the wildcard spot is not automatic, so we will have to keep trucking in every game. Then, our fate will lie in getting a W in CLink in the Divisional Playoff game. That is why I said it is paramount we beat them at the Stick to make sure we are confident enough before we go up there for the slug fest.
[ Edited by Rascal on Sep 30, 2013 at 2:53 AM ]
Originally posted by Rascal:
I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to work it out, as most have mentioned, Seahawks and Broncos are pretty much locks.

I was never sold on Broncos last season because of Manning's arm. But, you can see he is close to 100% now and with the addition of Welker, the offense has become even more potent under Peyton's leadership. Their D is tough and when you add their special teams aka Holliday, they are just plain good in all phases of the game. Yes, Manning's playoff chocking has been well-documented, but I just feel their talent can take them over the edge. As far as the AFC is concerned, the Pats is probably their only challenger.It will be an interesting game when they play in Foxborough in week 12.

As for the Seahawks, they might have less talent than the Broncos on the offensive side of the ball, but they have a reliable formula. They play hard D especially their secondary and they always cause turnovers to get the ball back to Wilson. As for offense, they just pound the ball with Wilson making strategic throws. You might say the Texans gave them the win, but no matter how tough the situation is, it seems they always have the resolve to still pull out with a W.

As for the 9ers, we need to get all our WRs back. We MUST beat the Seahawks in week 14 at home just to prove to ourselves we can beat them before the playoffs. We will lose NFC West, but the wildcard spot is not automatic, so we will have to keep trucking in every game. Then, our fate will lie in getting a W in CLink in the Divisional Playoff game. That is why I said it is paramount we beat them at the Stick to make sure we are confident enough before we go up there for the slug fest.

At this early juncture I can see SEA and NO battling for the top seed in this conference as the 2 division winners with the best records, BUT it is only week 5 and so there is a lot of season left. If you look at SEA, they are anchored by their stellar defense and Lynch and they are supplemented by serviceable play from Wilson and pretty good special teams. Surprisingly enough despite their bad guy rep they play very disciplined so Pete is doing a great job with his bunch. Now what I have realized is that teams are learning how to rein in Wilson and minimize his individual impact on the game. As a passer, he will not dominate but as a scrambler and mobile passer he can hurt you. There will be defenses that will learn to stop Lynch first and rein Wilson in at the same time to kept SEA offensive output to a minimum and those same teams will take advantage of a SEA defense that won't have the advantage of getting off the ball at the Clink. There will be a couple of road losses in their future and 2 of them may happen in this division. SF and ARI (because they have the large WRs to threaten the defensive backfield of SEA). The only home loss they may sustain could come at the hands of NO because Drew Brees is that smart and Colston and Graham are beasts and it could be a matter of homefield advantage on the line. Ah the possibilities, but when we make the postseason, we will be very dangerous and capable of winning anywhere
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 30, 2013 at 4:19 AM ]
I was surprised with how many hits Wilson took to win that game.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I was surprised with how many hits Wilson took to win that game.

He is compact so he can take hits. He has an incredible will to win and he sacrifices himself to make it happen but it will take a toll on his career ultimately
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 30, 2013 at 5:02 AM ]
The Seahawks winning streak will likely end this week against the Colts. They played 5 quaters today against a tough team while the Colts cruised to victory against Jacksonville today.

As for the Niners, we need to take advantage of our mini bye week and come out playing physical against a team that played 5 quaters against one of the most physical teams in the league.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I was surprised with how many hits Wilson took to win that game.


The Seahawks' O-line got totally dominated by the Texans' D-line. The pass rush was just feroicous. Wilson is one of the most elusive, if not the most elusive QB there is and if he can get hit like that, imagine what might happen to Kap. Kap cannot afford to hesitate to scramble like he did in the last few games. Make no mistake, the Texans are frigging pis*ed right now, they will come and try to take it out on us in order to prevent a 3-game skid.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I was surprised with how many hits Wilson took to win that game.


The Seahawks' O-line got totally dominated by the Texans' D-line. The pass rush was just feroicous. Wilson is one of the most elusive, if not the most elusive QB there is and if he can get hit like that, imagine what might happen to Kap. Kap cannot afford to hesitate to scramble like he did in the last few games. Make no mistake, the Texans are frigging pis*ed right now, they will come and try to take it out on us in order to prevent a 3-game skid.

The SEA OL isn't our OL and this is not Reliant Stadium. They won't dominate us in Candlestick. With 10 days rest? No way!