There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs NFC West

Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
And yet they held Houston scoreless the entire second half.
Lots of lessons for RW and Co. to learn from this one but, encouraging to see them get a W on the road against an elite DEE with their OH far from full strength.

Two 10am starts down, three to go . . .
Indy will be another huge challenge.

The Seahawks look like the best team in the NFC right now. The only team I see in the entire league that looks marginally better are the Broncos. It's a long season, and there's quite a bit of football yet to play, but this could be your year, Lisa. And, I'm not going to win any friends around here for saying this, but when I hear Richard Sherman being interviewed these days I kind of like the guy. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind anymore about his talent - he's easily one of the best two or three corners in the league. And he's definitely not as bad a guy as I thought he was.

Now, I have to say that Matt Schaub completely vomited that game away for the Texans. That was a HUGE choke job. Sherman knew what he was doing. He absolutely knew that play was coming and played it perfectly, but Schaub was a complete dufus to throw the ball there. If Kaepernick did something like that, some posters around here would be screaming for him to be benched and traded. And Schaub has been in the league for quite a few years now. That was a huge gift to the Seahawks.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
stupid ass matt shaub gave them that game but seattles defense still got shredded. 12 games left, we have plenty of time to catch them, just gotta keep doing our thing and they will lose a few more games. seattles not the same on the road

And yet they held Houston scoreless the entire second half.
Lots of lessons for RW and Co. to learn from this one but, encouraging to see them get a W on the road against an elite DEE with their OH far from full strength.

Two 10am starts down, three to go . . .
Indy will be another huge challenge.

This was a huge win for the Seahawks. It is similar to our win against the Lions two years ago, just a huge momentum shift, that could have an effect on your team for years.
If we can keep running the ball effectively and stay who we are we can win. It looks like we'll have to go through Seattle to get to the big dance. That's if we can stay on track and not put all the burden on Kaepernick. Defenses have figured out how to slow him down.
Originally posted by KoolBeans:
If we can keep running the ball effectively and stay who we are we can win. It looks like we'll have to go through Seattle to get to the big dance. That's if we can stay on track and not put all the burden on Kaepernick. Defenses have figured out how to slow him down.

We have figured out how to slow him down much better than opposing defenses.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

True, but we have to trust the coaches are scheming around his strengths like any good coaching staff would do. I trust the coaches are doing this and it just looks like after the Seattle game he's been playing scared. There were open guys but he was afraid to pull the trigger and didn't trust what he was seeing. 3rd down conversions for this team have been bad under this coaching staff and if we continue to struggle with these we won't be going very far.
True, but we have to trust the coaches are scheming around his strengths like any good coaching staff would do. I trust the coaches are doing this and it just looks like after the Seattle game he's been playing scared. There were open guys but he was afraid to pull the trigger and didn't trust what he was seeing. 3rd down conversions for this team have been bad under this coaching staff and if we continue to struggle with these we won't be going very far.

Actually, Kap's 3rd down conversion % has been the greatest bright spot about this offense this year.
I remember last year around this time we were #2 in the division, and the Cardinals were 4-0, barely coming out of an overtime win.

-Seahawks have not benefited from the bulk of game-changing injuries, we're getting that s**t out of the way now, while they're gonna deal with it later.

Actually, Kap's 3rd down conversion % has been the greatest bright spot about this offense this year.

alot of people don't pay attention to this stat but its very important
  • dugo
  • Veteran
The one good thing from the Texan/Seattle game is that Seattle got exposed on how to beat them and keep their d off balance ,Quick developing plays that just keep moving the sticks. Which seemed to open up bigger plays..No cute plays or long developing plays and keep smashing the rock !!!!. On D.. BLITZ!! at least enough to keep them guessing to what to we are doing on D just like Texans did and keeping spy stalking wilson to keep him contained as best as possible....
  • dugo
  • Veteran

This is true!!!
Originally posted by dugo:
The one good thing from the Texan/Seattle game is that Seattle got exposed on how to beat them and keep their d off balance ,Quick developing plays that just keep moving the sticks. Which seemed to open up bigger plays..No cute plays or long developing plays and keep smashing the rock !!!!. On D.. BLITZ!! at least enough to keep them guessing to what to we are doing on D just like Texans did and keeping spy stalking wilson to keep him contained as best as possible....

Getting the ball out quick has a lot to do with being able to read a defense and knowing where to go with the ball while the play develops. The problem with Kaep so far, is that he locks on to his primary read too long. He needs to learn to get to his next progression a lot sooner.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dugo:

Getting the ball out quick has a lot to do with being able to read a defense and knowing where to go with the ball while the play develops. The problem with Kaep so far, is that he locks on to his primary read too long. He needs to learn to get to his next progression a lot sooner.
Yeah thats so true! That keeps the play out there longer then it needs to be and makes Kaep easy to read..Do you think thats something Roman/Harbaugh should be aware of and possibly simplify the game plan for Kaep to help him execute better ? IMHO.. I believe they should but thats easier said then done ...
seahawks got this s**t on lock. sorry guise.
The Texans D looked dominating today, especially their front 7. But keep in mind that this was against an O-line that had 3 starters out which makes the Seattle win that much more impressive even if it was gifted to them by Schaub.
Got some interesting fans here now. We are going to do well playing the way we are supposed to. Kap will get more "comfortable" once he either develops chemistry with the backup WRs or He gets his guys back. Keep watching