There are 235 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Seattle got TORCHED for almost 500yds by Schaub and company ... Schaub, really? And he basically gave them the game in the 4th. That stupid pick, and getting sacked every single time they were almost in FG range. A win is a win, but they got outgained two to one. This is all a good sign for down the road. Wilson seemed to only be a threat when he scrambled. Not impressed at all.

And the best part of all is Texas should be gassed for next week. Cushing had a concussion and Watt's face looked like raw hamburger. If the 49ers can't win this next game at home with a mini buy, they probably don't deserve consideration as one of the best teams in the NFL.

This is the OPPOSITE of a good sign. They beat a good team on the road. I completely expected them to lose, but they won. They already have two road wins, which for them, is amazing.

All they have to do is sleepwalk through their noise box at home and win the easy road games and I don't see how we can catch them. The Colts loss and then this Houston collapse were huge. I don't see how we're going to catch them at this point. We will have to be flawless from this point, and I don't see that happening.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If you don't run full speed at him he will throw it on you as you allow him more time. And he's darn good at that too. He's not just a runner you know. He's a heck of a thrower both in the pocket and outside of it on a broken play.

Meh..He really won't kill you from the pocket. It seems he does well there on plays designed to get the ball out of his hands quickly. He makes good, quick decisions. But he absolutely kills you when he rolls out and buys time waiting for the coverage to break down, or running for a first down.

If he methodically moves up field from the pocket, so be it. I just don't want those back breakers when he extends the play.
On 3rd and 4 Texans should've just ran it ..SMH they got cute and paid the price.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
stupid ass matt shaub gave them that game but seattles defense still got shredded. 12 games left, we have plenty of time to catch them, just gotta keep doing our thing and they will lose a few more games. seattles not the same on the road

When they don't have the advantage of their noise, and they play a good team, they get exposed.

I don't know, it's going to be tough now. They pulled it out against the Texans on the road. They seemed to want it bad. Sherman backed up his talk and now we are in trouble.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
This is the OPPOSITE of a good sign. They beat a good team on the road. I completely expected them to lose, but they won. They already have two road wins, which for them, is amazing.

All they have to do is sleepwalk through their noise box at home and win the easy road games and I don't see how we can catch them. The Colts loss and then this Houston collapse were huge. I don't see how we're going to catch them at this point. We will have to be flawless from this point, and I don't see that happening.

Pretty much every team loses a game or two that they were expected to win. It will happen to Seattle at some point.
God this forum is so insecure lol
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Pretty much every team loses a game or two that they were expected to win. It will happen to Seattle at some point.

Ok, but that idea is relative. It will happen to us too, so it doesn't matter because it happens to everybody.
Freak it! Go 49ers, who cares about the Seachickens. I'm gonna care about the 49ers ONE GAME AT A TIME!! Just take care of business and who cares whos in the way
Ok, but that idea is relative. It will happen to us too, so it doesn't matter because it happens to everybody.

Exactly. At the end of the day, It's only a 2 game lead with 12 to go. One of them against us @ SF. Schedule is important to factor, but the games still have to be played.

For all we know we can be the ones that have a 4-0 stretch, while they go 2-2. Then we're right back in it. Things can change quickly.
Skip Bayless: Still the greatest troll in sports.

Originally posted by Protoman:

LMAO that makes no sense.

Houston should have won the game easily. Seattle needed a gift from Shaub to survive.
Originally posted by Protoman:

I think he's trying to say they "should have", meaning, "if they were truly a good team" they should have made it look easier.

I hope that's what he means, otherwise it makes no sense obviously.
Found out what he meant after scrolling down:

Originally posted by SofaKing:

Exactly. At the end of the day, It's only a 2 game lead with 12 to go. One of them against us @ SF. Schedule is important to factor, but the games still have to be played.

For all we know we can be the ones that have a 4-0 stretch, while they go 2-2. Then we're right back in it. Things can change quickly.

Both teams had, what, four losses last year? A two game lead is HUGE when the difference between winning and losing the division is so tight.

Anything "could should would", but when you look at our loss at home to the Colts, and their win against Houston, they are in a very strong position right now. Also, they WAY they beat Houston, they BELIEVED that they would win the game, that is what good teams do.
The 2013 49ers, when faced with a tough situation like Seattle in the 4th quarter, would've keeled over and died like they did against SEA and IND. The 2011 49ers, would've kept running the ball and fought to win the game, like @PHI
Share 49ersWebzone