LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by maltz88:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
niners did their job, hope seattle gets smoked by houston this weekend. all of you sky is falling down people think about that for a second. season just started baby! im not ready to call them division champs in week 4. go niners!!!

I don't see Seattle getting smoked by Houston, but I do think this will be the first loss for Seattle.

Okung and Giocomini are both out, going against JJ Watt and Cushing. Giocomini's replacement is a 7th round tackle that has never started a game, going against a top 3 defense NFL, that blitzes and creates more pressure than any other team in the league. Also, Unger didn't practice all week, and was limited yesterday. If he's out, it will be awful news!

This would have been a very tough game to begin with. But I think the injuries on the O-line are going to be too tough to overcome in this one.

Hopefully RW comes through healthy, and the backups get some valuable experience. Talk about getting thrown into the fire.

good for them, its nice for another team besides us to get smashed by injuries. i hope houston kills em so theyre riding high when they come to SF. let them think were a push over since they beat a team that buried us
Not to be outdone the Seacawks have just reported that Percy Harvin is progressing "extremely well" from hip surgery, right after the Niners said Crabtree is recovering exactly on schedule from his surgery. Insecure putzes.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
niners did their job, hope seattle gets smoked by houston this weekend. all of you sky is falling down people think about that for a second. season just started baby! im not ready to call them division champs in week 4. go niners!!!

I don't see Seattle getting smoked by Houston, but I do think this will be the first loss for Seattle.

Okung and Giocomini are both out, going against JJ Watt and Cushing. Giocomini's replacement is a 7th round tackle that has never started a game, going against a top 3 defense NFL, that blitzes and creates more pressure than any other team in the league. Also, Unger didn't practice all week, and was limited yesterday. If he's out, it will be awful news!

This would have been a very tough game to begin with. But I think the injuries on the O-line are going to be too tough to overcome in this one.

Hopefully RW comes through healthy, and the backups get some valuable experience. Talk about getting thrown into the fire.

good for them, its nice for another team besides us to get smashed by injuries. i hope houston kills em so theyre riding high when they come to SF. let them think were a push over since they beat a team that buried us

But, remember this, even if the Seahawks gets beaten by the Texans, it won't mean a whole lot if we can't beat the Texans. Unless Kap can get back to form, I am not convinced we can beat them especially given our injuries.
Originally posted by Rascal:

But, remember this, even if the Seahawks gets beaten by the Texans, it won't mean a whole lot if we can't beat the Texans. Unless Kap can get back to form, I am not convinced we can beat them especially given our injuries.

i think we can take the texans. the niners played their game against the rams. keep running and play solid on defense and we got this. plus willis will be back next week and baldwin will get more snaps. he helps the run and hes big enough to make jump ball catches in good coverage. we'll be fine
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
i think we can take the texans. the niners played their game against the rams. keep running and play solid on defense and we got this. plus willis will be back next week and baldwin will get more snaps. he helps the run and hes big enough to make jump ball catches in good coverage. we'll be fine

If Patrick is back, I feel a bit better. This will be an interesting game. Remember last year the Texans were winning every game until they started playing the tougher teams ? Having said that, at least on paper they are still quite scary, Arian Foster, Ben Tate, Andrea Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins, JJ Watt and Brain Cushing. But, going back to last year, they seem to have problems with high-powered offenses as they got smoked by the Packers and Pats. I think we might have to throw against them.
Originally posted by Rascal:

If Patrick is back, I feel a bit better. This will be an interesting game. Remember last year the Texans were winning every game until they started playing the tougher teams ? Having said that, at least on paper they are still quite scary, Arian Foster, Ben Tate, Andrea Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins, JJ Watt and Brain Cushing. But, going back to last year, they seem to have problems with high-powered offenses as they got smoked by the Packers and Pats. I think we might have to throw against them.

No. We will run on them and stop the run. We will stop them and they won't stop us
Beast mode. lol

This Texans game is great.
Well...scratch that. What a disappointment by Houston.
darn it. i was really hoping the texans would win. they just gave it away.
Schaub chokes agains.

Originally posted by frankie:

Well said! We have 10 days til our next game. Rest up, heal n hopefully willis will be back. Bam bam 52 is an animal...... Whilote played well in his absence tho :) one hell of a win. This sunday go texans! Next sunday, as always....
Goniners

niners got back to basics and they started experimenting with other receivers not named kyle williams. run game was on which makes the oline happy. the ball starts rolling now. lets do this!

Cheers to that, tho damn texans!
Originally posted by deepniner:
darn it. i was really hoping the texans would win. they just gave it away.

That corner body slamming baldwin def didnt help texans cause

Lol yeah niners been going thru this since right before preseason!
Originally posted by frankie:
That corner body slamming baldwin def didnt help texans cause

Damn defenders should know better than to defend. This is the NFL.
Damn. Hate to say it but that's a huge win for Seattle.

They've now won 5 of their last 6 road games too.
Share 49ersWebzone