LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
good job, good effort.
One Game at a time, I know its cliché, but is true and boring. Forget the Seachicken game. Just improve ONE GAME AT A TIME. We better worry about the next game instead of the last game otherwise it wont matter anyway. Remember the Seachickens still gotta play the Rams 2x and the Cardinals one time in AZ, those could all be tough games. Once again, ONE GAME AT A TIME> Eff last week.
Originally posted by sreese:
Unleash Quinton Patton

We did...he got tossed on the ground like a rag-doll.
The score looked worse than it was tbh, we'll bounce back.
We get our asses handed to us in the 2nd game of the season and many of you sound like the season's over...wow. Ok, Seattle's very good...so what? They beat everybody in the din of what they call their stadium. Let's see what happens on Dec 8 when they come to The Stick. Kap will have Manningham and possibly Crabtree back then. The running game will be solid, as it's always been. Have just a little faith, people...really. The thing now is to sign Purcell to the active roster to b/u Dorsey. Dude's a solid player and just needs a chance. The running game will be fine...this team is resilient...they've shown that the past 2 seasons...why wouldn't they show it again? They're not about to fold and neither should their fans...
Your right on every point i would love if the Niners would read your post, I loved how at the start of the game the offense was going with a no huddle fast pace offense to try to help with the crowd noise they should have kept going! i know eventually it would have gotten to Seattle they stopped running it got slow and they fell apart from there. Who knows if the game would have been a little different if they kept it up.
Must run shotgun when playing in seattle. Under center plays dont work because the line cant hear kaeps cadence.

If we had a decent WR core we could beat seattle, but we dont. Why didnt we go after victor cruz this offseason?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by sreese:
Unleash Quinton Patton

We should be using this dude on reverses and screens more...he's gonna be a hell of a player given the chance.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
I agree with some of the original post.. For me, it appears that the coaches trust the O more than the D are are game planning as such.
There is no way this team should be throwing the ball 40 times. What made Kap dynamic in the beginning is that he would gouge you deep on occasion but kill you with designed runs and the run game. Also, when we rely so heavily on the pass, it exposes the fact that our receivers are a weak spot. I don't know if Patton is the answer but Williams is not, so give Quinton a shot.

Gore has not played well. The line hasn't been giving him much but what made frank special was his ability to take a 3 yard hole and get an extra few yards... He has not done this this year. Lets hope this changes.

I guess my main concern is that all of our main skill guys are power players. This is a positive if you are a ground and pound type team, not if you want to be the second coming of the greatest show on turf. I assumed we were trying to follow the Steeler/Raven model but we have become much more of a Packers type offense
I totally agree we should have instituted a few of those pistol reads that incorporate a WR in the back field for a different look. It works well against them in particular (see Washington's first half in the Playoffs). Besides that the Defensive holding is getting out of control and it seems that the Seattle doesn't even bother to play real defense in the first three seconds of play and in the NFL that may be too late.

• Rascal
  • Veteran

Did he ? I missed that. By whom ? Chancellor ? Man, the Legion Of Boom is no joke.

That's why I have always said we need bigger wideouts !! Case proven. If we don't upsize our receiving corps, their secondary is going to continue to own our receivers.
Originally posted by Rascal:

Did he ? I missed that. By whom ? Chancellor ? Man, the Legion Of Boom is no joke.

That's why I have always said we need bigger wideouts !! Case proven. If we don't upsize our receiving corps, their secondary is going to continue to own our receivers.
Agreed.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Roman/Harbaugh need to do two things;

A. Put a leash on Kaep; Okay I get it, Kaep is an amazing athlete and had a monster 11 game run, but the honey moon period is over. Green Bay was foolish and didn't ease up off their defensive gameplan after it was obvious Kaep was headed for damn near a 500 yard passing day. Pushing all my 49er bias to the side and being 100% honest, Green Bay's coaches handed us that out of spite and ignorance by choosing to stay with a ridiculous defensive plan and trying to run the ball on defense against a dominant run defense team (not to mention the foolish idea that they could intimidate us with bully antics). I know a lot of the fan boys may not want to hear it but had Green Bay not been so stubborn, we could very easily be 0-2 right now.

Exactly.

We are in bigger trouble than anyone here thinks. And it starts with Kapow and Harbaugh.
Originally posted by Rascal:

I'd have to go back but I believe it was in 4Q? I'm fairly certain that it was beyond 5 yards too. Either way, it was sad to watch. Boldin and McDonald fought hard...too hard for McDonald (penalty).
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Roman/Harbaugh need to do two things;

A. Put a leash on Kaep; Okay I get it, Kaep is an amazing athlete and had a monster 11 game run, but the honey moon period is over. Green Bay was foolish and didn't ease up off their defensive gameplan after it was obvious Kaep was headed for damn near a 500 yard passing day. Pushing all my 49er bias to the side and being 100% honest, Green Bay's coaches handed us that out of spite and ignorance by choosing to stay with a ridiculous defensive plan and trying to run the ball on defense against a dominant run defense team (not to mention the foolish idea that they could intimidate us with bully antics). I know a lot of the fan boys may not want to hear it but had Green Bay not been so stubborn, we could very easily be 0-2 right now.

Exactly.

We are in bigger trouble than anyone here thinks. And it starts with Kapow and Harbaugh.
wow and people have called me chicken little. yes there are some areas we have issues with like the offensive line, lack of a run game, to many penalties, and now a lack of depth on the line but all those things are correctable. now that being said, if we struggle running the ball this sunday, then we have a major problem. I would like you to expound on how ck and jh are the problem
Share 49ersWebzone