There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs NFC West

Originally posted by 9ers:
The problem is that when teams like Green Bay, New England, and Denver are running a no huddle offense, they have veteran quarterbacks that are calling a lot of the plays. That would be too much responsibility for someone like Kaepernick at this point in his career.

disagree. he's proven he can do whatever people think he can't

he can't come up with the game plan that's about it.

they didn't put the players in a position to win.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

• Going forward, the question that looms in my head is - have we already witnessed the "changing of the guards" ? I believe the home game in December will give us the definitive answer.

The basic answer will be the winning of the NFC West.

The definitive answer, at least for this year, will be, assuming that both team reach the play offs, which team does better in the play offs.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Keap looked like he was playin with a leash on last night .. i believe that was tha problem all this hit tha QB run option crap had us coaching scared....

I saw the opposite, I saw a QB who wanted the knock out blow on every pass. Kaepernick needs to calm down and accept the check down. And why not line up under center every once and a while instead of majority snaps in the pistol, where there's only so much you can run that the defense has already seen film on.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Keap looked like he was playin with a leash on last night .. i believe that was tha problem all this hit tha QB run option crap had us coaching scared....

I saw the opposite, I saw a QB who wanted the knock out blow on every pass. Kaepernick needs to calm down and accept the check down. And why not line up under center every once and a while instead of majority snaps in the pistol, where there's only so much you can run that the defense has already seen film on.

Not sure about tha lining up thing i dont think keap is calling his own plays so its tha coachs play callin doin that ...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Not sure about tha lining up thing i dont think keap is calling his own plays so its tha coachs play callin doin that ...

That was actually a separate comment, but yah that's who I was talking about too....coaches.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We will win, but most of all we must win.
Originally posted by buck:

• Going forward, the question that looms in my head is - have we already witnessed the "changing of the guards" ? I believe the home game in December will give us the definitive answer.

The definitive answer, at least for this year, will be, assuming that both team reach the play offs, which team does better in the play offs.

Not really.

I believe you might have jumped the gun here.

At least theoretically speaking, winning or losing that home game alone may already have a major bearing on who wins the NFC West, that's before you start talking about a hypothetical head-to-head in the playoffs.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Alex Smith has won 4 straight against Seattle, Yet Colin Kaepernick has yet to beat them at all. Why is that?

In my opinion, we are playing away from our strengths to over emphasize what we have in Colin, which is backfiring big time.

When Alex was playing, he would be under center. This gave him the option of quick reads, check downs and a power running game. What this allowed us to do was move the ball down the field with guaranteed, methodical yardage that either put points on the board, or gave us field position so our defense could stop Seattles Offense. (Just like they did last night.)

With Colin, we are seeing unnecessary shots, long drop backs and stupid gimmick Pistol runs which don't work when we have 2-3 WR sets. The offense was way too complicated last night for the environment and defense we were up against.

What I think Harbaugh and crew need to do is get back to mixing in their old school smashmouth Stanford Cardinal Football, without completely eliminating the option of the big play. It is what won us games against them in the past, I think it's time we get back to playing that way, but with a little more throwing power

Maybe we can borrown Alex Smith for a week
  • buck
  • Veteran

Not really.

At least theoretically speaking, winning or losing that home game alone may already have a major bearing on who wins the NFC West, that's before you start talking about a hypothetical head-to-head in the playoffs.

OK, Talking about who goes farther in the play-offs is clearly jumping the gun.

But, last year did prove that both team could make the play offs and not go head to head. That is why I never mentioned going head to head, only going farther.

Winning the second game with Seattle is important, but you went beyond saying it was important.

You said that the home game against Seattle in December would give us the definitive answer as to a changing of the guard.

I just happen to think that winning the NFC West would give us a definitive answer, at least for this year.

At the end of the regular season what will be important is who wins the divisional championship.

If both teams make the play-offs, then the definitive answer more than likely depends on who goes farther in the play-offs.
Very interesting read. Great post !!
cathartic, man. good read.

Not really.

OK, Talking about who goes farther in the play-offs is clearly jumping the gun.

But, last year did prove that both team could make the play offs and not go head to head. That is why I never mentioned going head to head, only going farther.

Winning the second game with Seattle is important, but you went beyond saying it was important.

You said that the home game against Seattle in December would give us the definitive answer as to a changing of the guard.

I just happen to think that winning the NFC West would give us a definitive answer, at least for this year.

At the end of the regular season what will be important is who wins the divisional championship.

If both teams make the play-offs, then the definitive answer more than likely depends on who goes farther in the play-offs.

My focus is them Vs us head-to-head. Anything can happen in the playoffs, they just missed the NFC game by a FG, who knows what might have happened if we had to play them as opposed to the Falcons ?

Also, just cos one team gets further into the playoffs, that doesn't necessarily mean it is the better team head-to-head. In fact, you could even win the Super Bowl and not win a head-to-head against a certain team.

However, say if we had beaten them in the playoffs to advance then it would be different.

But, as it stands, they have now beaten us twice in a row. It is a bit like after the last divisional playoff game we had beaten the Packers twice consecutively. Worse still, the Packers have now lost 3 against us now. That tells me we have surpassed them. Mind you, they didn't exactly play all that bad 2 weeks ago neither and we still managed to beat them by 6 points.

Going back to Seattle, yes a lot has been made about the 12th Man and noise at the CLink, so I am not going to belittle it. By the same token, I am not going to belittle 2 consecutive blowouts neither. But, since some people here have claimed we ONLY lost because of the noise, I will give it another game, a home game for us to reverse our fortune. So yes, if we lose again, to me it is more than defenitive.

Remember is mano-a-mano, 9ers Vs Seahawks and not who wins the NFC West, the NFC or the Super Bowl.
Great post. I agree about spreading out that defense. Make them cover the entire field all day long.
Punch Richard Sherman in the mouth.
Originally posted by mayo49:
We will win, but most of all we must win.

I love you man.