There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs NFC West

Hey Niner fans. Hasn't been much to say here during the pre-season. But, I have enjoyed reading your comments about your team and been amused by some about the Rams.

Best of luck to you as the season starts in a few days....I am very excited for the NFC W show that is going to be the best story going in the NFL this year.

I could be wrong, but I am expecting a fist fight between you and the Hawks. With the Rams hopefully doing better than last year, but who knows with our young little group of rawness this year.

Anyway....look forward to chatting here as 2013 plays out.
Thanks for the post, RedAlice. It's going to be a very interesting season. I confess that I don't really understand the Rams strategy. The Niners have lately had better success against high scoring, pass-oriented offenses than they have against big, physical running offenses. But, the Rams have gone the pass-oriented route. Their new TE is really not there to block - he's a straight line down the seam pass catching TE. Long is a question mark. They seem to have gotten bigger and younger on the offensive line and I'm just itching to see whether or not they can protect Bradford who isn't what I'd call quick or elusive in the backfield. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I have a feeling the Niner defense is going to be a flat-out sack machine this year. I'm pretty sure the Cards have no way of protecting Palmer and like I say, Bradford's protection will be a big question mark. One thing I'm pretty sure about - when the Niners play the Rams this year, the Rams aren't going to be able to have the benefit of a head-case Niner kicker tanking on 30 yard field goals over and over.
double fisted.

Er, posted?
[ Edited by xtm059 on Sep 4, 2013 at 6:50 PM ]
Originally posted by hawker84:
Unfortunatelly for him Stephen Williams really stepped up this pre-season, Harper in my opinion never got a chance to compete.. I will not be happy if he lands in the lap of a conference, let alone division rival.. I think he will be damn good if given a chance to play...

lol these are the kind of gems you find when you hop back a couple pages
Originally posted by xtm059:
Unfortunatelly for him Stephen Williams really stepped up this pre-season, Harper in my opinion never got a chance to compete.. I will not be happy if he lands in the lap of a conference, let alone division rival.. I think he will be damn good if given a chance to play...

Uh oh the nightmare becomes reality
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Thanks for the post, RedAlice. It's going to be a very interesting season. I confess that I don't really understand the Rams strategy. The Niners have lately had better success against high scoring, pass-oriented offenses than they have against big, physical running offenses. But, the Rams have gone the pass-oriented route. Their new TE is really not there to block - he's a straight line down the seam pass catching TE. Long is a question mark. They seem to have gotten bigger and younger on the offensive line and I'm just itching to see whether or not they can protect Bradford who isn't what I'd call quick or elusive in the backfield. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I have a feeling the Niner defense is going to be a flat-out sack machine this year. I'm pretty sure the Cards have no way of protecting Palmer and like I say, Bradford's protection will be a big question mark. One thing I'm pretty sure about - when the Niners play the Rams this year, the Rams aren't going to be able to have the benefit of a head-case Niner kicker tanking on 30 yard field goals over and over.

I don't think the plan was to go pass and not running. Fisher is historically a run-heavy offense. I view it more as a long-term plan for the team and fixing what was presented as easiest to fix first on a team where everything is a problem. SJax out, WR suck...can't fix everything in one season. Worked on solving the WR issue before the run, and going w what we have on RB. Looks like there is a bigger weakness here than maybe was anticipated back in April....Pead did not become as expected and is an issue. Stacy has also not been what might've been expected. Benny might be our RB2 a few games in. He's already on ST for KR, and I will not be surprised if he is the back-up to DR in game 1.

I think they needed to find out if B can perform w WRs he has never had. Otherwise, he needs to go.

Unlike many here, I don't think the Rams are building the team just for what works against the Niners. :-)
[ Edited by RedAlice on Sep 5, 2013 at 1:11 AM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Report said there's a possibility Seattle could resign him for whatever reason. They also released Antoine Winfield LOL. He was to them what Nnamdi is to us, except apparently he sucks now.

LOL, no he wasn't, he was brought in to compete, and was beat out soundly by a better , younger, far more athletic Walter Thurmond. Who in my opinion is the best all around DB on our squad. Winfield was a luxury aquisition turns out we didn't need after all.
Report said there's a possibility Seattle could resign him for whatever reason. They also released Antoine Winfield LOL. He was to them what Nnamdi is to us, except apparently he sucks now.

And here I thought Antoine Winfield was their special solution to stopping the Niner running game. So, a depleted, injured defensive front and no stud slot corner who plays the run real well - how do the Seahawks stop the Niner running game in week 2? Pete Carroll's solution: transcendental meditation and yoga.
you do understand this is nothing new, teams have been offering yoga to players for years? Heck some teams use to offer ballerina classes to skill players back in the day, Pittsburg come to mind.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

NOT HAPPY!!!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

NOT HAPPY!!!

Yes hawker, yoga has been around. But transcendental meditation?
Yes hawker, yoga has been around. But transcendental meditation?

Everybody that knows me here, know's i'm not the biggest Carroll fan, but I commend Pete on trying new things, stepping out of the box. Reporter from SC came down and spent 6 months with the team covering a story on this. These programs are not just for players either , everyone from the coaches to front office staff can participate. She said the players as well as the coaches have all bought into this, she also went on to say, there is things at our facility that blew her mind, from the Valet parking to their 5 star chef. I know you like to knock down Pete a peg whenever you can, but you can't blame a guy for introducing new techniques to get the players body/mind as prepared as possible. What's the harm?
[ Edited by hawker84 on Sep 5, 2013 at 11:51 AM ]
There's a special "A Football Life" documentary about Russell Wilson coming out on NFLN. Really? He hasn't done s**t.
There's a special "A Football Life" documentary about Russell Wilson coming out on NFLN. Really? He hasn't done s**t.

If he hadn't been drafted with Luck and RG3 he'd be the talk of the NFL.
Just tooling around Seahawks.net to see how the Seattle Lapdogs are doing and came across this gem . . . .

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71931

And jumping on the "everyone loves the guy" comments. You know what, I think this might explain part of the equation to the "Why do SF fans hate you guys so much" thread. Just think about it. RW is universally a likeable guy off the field, as well as a great, fun player on the field. SF's aren't allowed to like him, being our main rival. So that's gotta be annoying to begin with. Then you have the fact that their new hot shot qb is basically the antithesis of everything RW is. Loud, brash, pompous, dumb, a showoff, his game relies on one primary aspect (his ability to run like a gazelle). I'd hate the hell out of the Seahawks too if they had RW and my team had CK.

Funny stuff.

And it's actually pretty easy to scoff and lil Russ . . . practically every word out of his mouth is an over-the-top full of sunshine cliche that seems calculated for an effect. CK is more about being himself as opposed to being what everybody wants him to be. I'd much prefer that.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Sep 6, 2013 at 6:59 AM ]