There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs NFC West

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
What do you think about Kuechly week one? He is a beast and could neutralize Wilson and Lynch.

I was pissed that he beat out Wagner for Defensive rookie of the year, but after watching him this pre-season i can see why, WOW. beast indeed.

Having said that, after relative success against arguably the best Linebacking crew in the game last season, in Willis, Bowman, Smith and Brooks, i say Lynch has a good chance to do just fine, if not RW will have to pull out his ATL magic....Run blocking has't been a problem this season, it's been the pass protection and the drive killing penalties. Being honest it worries me a tad..
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Per Rotoworld:

The Seattle Times doesn't project fourth-round WR Chris Harper to make the Seahawks' final roster.

Harper is the No. 6 receiver in Seattle at the moment, and that doesn't include Percy Harvin (hip, PUP). Harper has the prototypical build of a red-zone/possession receiver at 6-foot-1, 229, but he lacks separation skills. He has just three catches for 23 yards this preseason. Jermaine Kearse and Stephen Williams have out-produced him. Harper will surely be kept on the practice squad if he passes through waivers. He'll see plenty of work Thursday night.

I was interested in this guy during the draft. Thought he could pack on a few pounds and become a TE like Delanie Walker did.

Anybody pay attention to him during the pre-season? Seattle fans, feel free to weigh in.
Unfortunatelly for him Stephen Williams really stepped up this pre-season, Harper in my opinion never got a chance to compete.. I will not be happy if he lands in the lap of a conference, let alone division rival.. I think he will be damn good if given a chance to play...
Originally posted by hawker84:
Unfortunatelly for him Stephen Williams really stepped up this pre-season, Harper in my opinion never got a chance to compete.. I will not be happy if he lands in the lap of a conference, let alone division rival.. I think he will be damn good if given a chance to play...

I thought that may be the case. Its the sign of a deep team when you have to make tough cuts like that. We're gonna have to make a few of our own in a couple days.
Pete Carroll: "Okay, McDaniels and Mebane, come over here. I've got a solution for those groin problems you two have been dealing with. I want you both to assume a lotus position there on that rug. Good. Now breath deeply. What I'm going to tell you has been handed down by Vedic masters from generation to generation for thousands of years. By concentrating on the void, the nothing and clearing your minds, you should easily be able to avoid being pancaked into the turf by Mike Iupati. Got it? Great! Now get out there!"
Originally posted by hawker84:
Really can't replace what any of our starters bring to the defense, especially when you're back ups are dinged up, but from all i've read they'll rest him this game, get him ready for the opener. if he can't go or can't go the whole game, it will hurt, but we do have depth at that position with McDaniels and Bennett, we've even been moving Big Red inside on some obvious running downs, it's the leo position where the majority of our problems are at on the D line. Clemons, Avril , Irvin,

We'll have to wait and see. Avril hasn't been ruled out, nothing has been mentions about it, i'm sure we'll hear something next week. But even if Mebane can't go game one, Carolina is without Fred Taylor, so they're limited at running back, that will help.. Gotta go with what you got i guess and hope for the best. I expect to see Wagner, Wright and Kam involved in a lot of tackles that game.

You better hope ur right, your teams schedule features teams with great run blocking lines in the first 4 weeks. Nobody's gonna be talking about how great your secondary is if your front 7 is getting handled in the trenches.
Anyone else not impressed with Tavon Austin? Sure, he looks great on special teams but is not nearly as scary as WR. I remember a few people around here predicting that he'd single-handedly destroy the entire NFC West this year.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Pete Carroll: "Okay, McDaniels and Mebane, come over here. I've got a solution for those groin problems you two have been dealing with. I want you both to assume a lotus position there on that rug. Good. Now breath deeply. What I'm going to tell you has been handed down by Vedic masters from generation to generation for thousands of years. By concentrating on the void, the nothing and clearing your minds, you should easily be able to avoid being pancaked into the turf by Mike Iupati. Got it? Great! Now get out there!"

"But coach, it's impossible to concentrate with you constantly chewing that goddamn gum so loudly."
Originally posted by baltien:
Anyone else not impressed with Tavon Austin? Sure, he looks great on special teams but is not nearly as scary as WR. I remember a few people around here predicting that he'd single-handedly destroy the entire NFC West this year.

Haven't been impressed either. I think taking a 5'8" WR in the Top 10 of the draft is lunacy, not matter how explosive he was in college. To think he was just going to blaze through NFL defenses is wishful thinking. Even Steve Smith looks like a giant compared to him.

Haven't been impressed either. I think taking a 5'8" WR in the Top 10 of the draft is lunacy, not matter how explosive he was in college. To think he was just going to blaze through NFL defenses is wishful thinking. Even Steve Smith looks like a giant compared to him.

And in college, he never caught a short pass and had Willis and/or Bowman slam into him at the same time. I have to wonder if he can take the punishment. But, if taking a small receiver in the top 10 is lunacy, what would we call giving up a first, $15 million in guaranteed money and a $63 mil contract for a small receiver with injury and character questions surrounding him?
Pete Carroll: "Okay, men. Relax, center yourself, get in touch with the void, see yourself as ready to strike...."

"Aaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee!!!!!"
Originally posted by GNielsen:

And in college, he never caught a short pass and had Willis and/or Bowman slam into him at the same time. I have to wonder if he can take the punishment. But, if taking a small receiver in the top 10 is lunacy, what would we call giving up a first, $15 million in guaranteed money and a $63 mil contract for a small receiver with injury and character questions surrounding him?

It's called "he's not expected to be number one receiver" if you're a Seahawks apologist.

Speaking of, and I could be wrong, but that'd make him the first WR in NFL history given a fat bonus along with trading multiple picks to secure his services that is NOT expected to put up top tier numbers.

But hey, "Caroll has a plan" and all that. And Percy's hip injury is all a part of the program.....
[ Edited by baltien on Aug 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM ]
Buh Bye M-Rob...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/30/michael-robinson-tweets-goodbye-to-seattle/
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Buh Bye M-Rob...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/30/michael-robinson-tweets-goodbye-to-seattle/

He's stayed in the league longer than I thought he would
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Buh Bye M-Rob...

He's stayed in the league longer than I thought he would

Whoa. Didn't see that coming. Wasn't he their starting FB and a pro-bowler recently?

I know we've all hated him since he joined the Seahawks, but he was always a good dude. Good luck to him.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Not impressed... he doesn't strike any fear whatsoever. Although, on artificial turf and designed plays just for him, I'm sure he'll burn some CBs here and there.