LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GNielsen:
By the way, I'm not predicting a 2-0 start out of homerism. I just don't see any substantial upgrade in the Packer defense from the last time, and this time, the Niner defense will be healthy - it wasn't the last time. So, I see the NIners as stronger overall than they were when they laid over 500 yards and over 40 points on them in the playoffs and I don't see how the Packer defense has gotten much better.

And, as far as Seattle is concerned, they don't have Irvin, Clemons has a bad foot, Avril is working through an injury, two of their starting interior D-linemen are working through groin problems - their defensive front is hurting to the extent that I think they're going to have a very hard time putting pressure on Kaepernick and stopping the run. On offense, Rice is working through an injury and they don't have Harvin. So, I just think the Niners are catching them at a great time to play in their house. It will be interesting to see how they do back in Carolina trying to pressure Newton the first week. As far as I'm concerned, the reality is they could easily start out 0-2 and then be looking at two 10:00 games at the Colts and the Texans in the next three. If I were a Seahawks fan, I'd be real nervous about going into those first five games with a depleted defensive front.

If you were a seahawks fan, you'd be nervous

if i was a seahawks fan, I'd shoot myself
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Silence of the Lambs.

CAWK block down.

Turdinals - sh!t (doesn't) happen here.....
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xtm059:
If you were a seahawks fan, you'd be nervous

if i was a seahawks fan, I'd shoot myself

I like this kid!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Niners don't lose back to back contests and we sure as heck aren't dropping any games at the Stick this year

That's the spirit!

And by the way, sorry about all that football-basketball stuff. Just opinion, nothing personal, and I know those guys are incredible athletes.

Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Niners don't lose back to back contests and we sure as heck aren't dropping any games at the Stick this year

That's the spirit!

And by the way, sorry about all that football-basketball stuff. Just opinion, nothing personal, and I know those guys are incredible athletes.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He's SEA all time best player. hahaha and he wasn't even that great. hahaha

Largent not that great???? When did you start watching football? Dude owned every record until Rice broke them. Rice was a stud, but to even imply that Largent wasn't that great is laughable.

I understand you don't like the Hawks, but keep it real!

Just for the record... Largent had to give his blessing for his number to be unretired for Rice. that's the kind of standup guy he is!!
[ Edited by stratman72 on Aug 29, 2013 at 7:44 AM ]
I saw Patrick Peterson crushed on a hand off trying to sneak around the edge
Booty.
[ Edited by tondiman on Aug 29, 2013 at 8:54 AM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I saw Patrick Peterson crushed on a hand off trying to sneak around the edge

I saw that whole team get crushed by the Chargers.
Originally posted by stratman72:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He's SEA all time best player. hahaha and he wasn't even that great. hahaha

Largent not that great???? When did you start watching football? Dude owned every record until Rice broke them. Rice was a stud, but to even imply that Largent wasn't that great is laughable.

I understand you don't like the Hawks, but keep it real!

Just for the record... Largent had to give his blessing for his number to be unretired for Rice. that's the kind of standup guy he is!!

lol dude i'm just trolling.

[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Aug 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM ]
And, as far as Seattle is concerned, they don't have Irvin, Clemons has a bad foot, Avril is working through an injury, two of their starting interior D-linemen are working through groin problems - their defensive front is hurting to the extent that I think they're going to have a very hard time putting pressure on Kaepernick and stopping the run. On offense, Rice is working through an injury and they don't have Harvin. So, I just think the Niners are catching them at a great time to play in their house. It will be interesting to see how they do back in Carolina trying to pressure Newton the first week. As far as I'm concerned, the reality is they could easily start out 0-2 and then be looking at two 10:00 games at the Colts and the Texans in the next three. If I were a Seahawks fan, I'd be real nervous about going into those first five games with a depleted defensive front.

Nervous about what? we got some muscle tweeks and one guys serving a suspension.. Clemons doesn't have a foot injury don't know where you heard that from, mebanes fine, they're going to rest him for the opener, Who's the other interior lineman with a groin pull? that's news to me... avril, could miss the opener, or he won't, they haven't said either way. Rice is just fine, it's a knee issue that's been bothering him since his Minn day's, he'll be out there. Carpenter returned to practice this week and looks like the O line will be in tact for the opener, Miller was back and getting in full practices this week, he'll be in there week #1. so not much to worry about other than the regular stuff.. it's pre-season, every team has tweeks and muscle pulls...
[ Edited by hawker84 on Aug 29, 2013 at 12:04 PM ]
Originally posted by hawker84:

Nervous about what? we got some muscle tweeks and one guys serving a suspension.. Clemons doesn't have a foot injury don't know where you heard that from, mebanes fine, they're going to rest him for the opener, Who's the other interior lineman with a groin pull? that's news to me... avril, could miss the opener, or he won't, they haven't said either way. Rice is just fine, it's a knee issue that's been bothering him since his Minn day's, he'll be out there. Carpenter returned to practice this week and looks like the O line will be in tact for the opener, Miller was back and getting in full practices this week, he'll be in there week #1. so not much to worry about other than the regular stuff.. it's pre-season, every team has tweeks and muscle pulls...

If Clemons, Avril, Irvin and Bennett, all don't play, who subs in for each? And are they any good?
Originally posted by hawker84:

The only thing we know for sure is that these guys are on the injury report. What impact they will have on opening day is yet to be determined.
Share 49ersWebzone