LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by maltz88:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Your coach is known for being bold, brash and competitive. He's not known for doing what's best for his players, just ask the team he left at USC.

I agree with the bold, brash, and competitive comment. And I agreed with your second statement before he came here, and I got to read a lot more about him, and hear his comments, etc.

I fell in line with the masses with my opinions of him from his time at NE, NY, and USC, but he's managed to completely change the way I perceive him since arriving here.

I'm sure it's the same as everyones opions of Harbaugh outside of SF. He seems like the biggest a-hole in shoe leather to the rest of the country, but from what I see on here, he must give a different impression to the locals by what you read on the day to day stuff.

He had the general public fooled in each of those previous stops as well until he left and people realized the mess he made.

I don't believe Harbaugh has ever left any messes behind. He walked into sh!t and left it golden. Every situation was improved upon
Exactly.

Harbaugh = Golden boy doing it right
Pete the Cheat = Snakeoil salesman
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The Seahawks are going into the most brutal first five games of their season with a severely depleted defensive front. They don't have Irvin, Clemons is not 100%, Mebane and McDaniel are nursing groin injuries and Bennett has a toe problem.

They've got to try to contain Cam Newton at 10:00 AM in Carolina to start and then they've got to come back and contain Colin Kaepernick the very next week to start the season. How do they sack either of those QB's and how do they stop the Niner running game? I like the Niners chances in Seattle week 2.

So, Seattle may be without their top D-linemen, and facing the 49ers after a long cross country road trip to the East Coast the week before?

Yes and SEA will be returning to the confines of their own home and the 12th man where we will smash them. They won't go to a cross country track meet only to return and play at the Stick!!
The Seahawks are going into the most brutal first five games of their season with a severely depleted defensive front. They don't have Irvin, Clemons is not 100%, Mebane and McDaniel are nursing groin injuries and Bennett has a toe problem.

They've got to try to contain Cam Newton at 10:00 AM in Carolina to start and then they've got to come back and contain Colin Kaepernick the very next week to start the season. How do they sack either of those QB's and how do they stop the Niner running game? I like the Niners chances in Seattle week 2.

So, Seattle may be without their top D-linemen, and facing the 49ers after a long cross country road trip to the East Coast the week before?

Yes and SEA will be returning to the confines of their own home and the 12th man where we will smash them. They won't go to a cross country track meet only to return and play at the Stick!!

Yeah, in week two where everyone is fresh.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
don't get all cocky u numbnuts. Seattle is one of the top 5 teams in the NFL. As are we. It's gonna be a tough, tough game. I'd be surprised if we leave week 2 with a win.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
don't get all cocky u numbnuts. Seattle is one of the top 5 teams in the NFL. As are we. It's gonna be a tough, tough game. I'd be surprised if we leave week 2 with a win.

haha true. After the Minn game everyone's expectations went off the charts. Especially after watching the Russell Willow look like s**t against GB. Plus, SEA's top Dlinemen are all hurt. And they have a sketchy Oline. And we are fully loaded and ready to show them who runs the WEST!

Their strength is their DBs but that is one of the most inconsistent parts of a team from year to year even if it is the exact same personnel. Calls can go either way.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Their strength is their DBs but that is one of the most inconsistent parts of a team from year to year even if it is the exact same personnel. Calls can go either way.

Plus half that squad (the lower draft picks and undrafted FAs) no longer takes performance enhancing drugs. Their play level will not sustain for 16 games.
There are not going to be any easy division games in the NFC West this year. Should be a real battle.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Plus half that squad (the lower draft picks and undrafted FAs) no longer takes performance enhancing drugs. Their play level will not sustain for 16 games.

We gotta worry about the Seahawks that are getting away with it
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
There are not going to be any easy division games in the NFC West this year. Should be a real battle.

This. I like it this way with the whole iron sharpening iron thing

• LVJay
  • Veteran
CAWK blockers going down....

Yes, yes, most of us know you've predicted an 0-2 start. I'm predicting a 2-0 start. We'll see who's correct in just a few weeks.

Yes, yes, most of us know you've predicted an 0-2 start. I'm predicting a 2-0 start. We'll see who's correct in just a few weeks.

Niners don't lose back to back contests and we sure as heck aren't dropping any games at the Stick this year
By the way, I'm not predicting a 2-0 start out of homerism. I just don't see any substantial upgrade in the Packer defense from the last time, and this time, the Niner defense will be healthy - it wasn't the last time. So, I see the NIners as stronger overall than they were when they laid over 500 yards and over 40 points on them in the playoffs and I don't see how the Packer defense has gotten much better.

And, as far as Seattle is concerned, they don't have Irvin, Clemons has a bad foot, Avril is working through an injury, two of their starting interior D-linemen are working through groin problems - their defensive front is hurting to the extent that I think they're going to have a very hard time putting pressure on Kaepernick and stopping the run. On offense, Rice is working through an injury and they don't have Harvin. So, I just think the Niners are catching them at a great time to play in their house. It will be interesting to see how they do back in Carolina trying to pressure Newton the first week. As far as I'm concerned, the reality is they could easily start out 0-2 and then be looking at two 10:00 games at the Colts and the Texans in the next three. If I were a Seahawks fan, I'd be real nervous about going into those first five games with a depleted defensive front.
Niners don't lose back to back contests and we sure as heck aren't dropping any games at the Stick this year

That's the spirit!

And by the way, sorry about all that football-basketball stuff. Just opinion, nothing personal, and I know those guys are incredible athletes.
Share 49ersWebzone