There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs NFC West

I keep reading on here that the entire nfl knows that Seattle plays dirty, and Robinson in particular.......but I don't recall reading anything like that on other team forums.

Am I missing this somewhere? Or is it just assumed that the whole NFL feels the same way49er fans do?
Ive read it on Colts forums, Saints Forums, Redskins forums, Denver Forums, most of the NFL fanbase feels the same as the 49ers fan base. Michael Robinson now has been fined multiple times for dirty helmet to helmet hits, its about time the NFL really did something about it.
Originally posted by maltz88:
I keep reading on here that the entire nfl knows that Seattle plays dirty, and Robinson in particular.......but I don't recall reading anything like that on other team forums.

Am I missing this somewhere? Or is it just assumed that the whole NFL feels the same way49er fans do?

Yes, of course you are. You see, you're a Seahawk fan and Seahawk fans live in a bubble. Mike White made the same complaints about the way Seahawk corners play as Harbaugh did. Fisher has questioned their play as well. Redskins fans complain about the dirty hits. I know we have a few knowledgeable ones around here from time to time, but I swear - sometimes Seahawk fans seem to be the most clueless group of NFL fans I have ever seen.
For the purpose of educating bubble-bound Seahawks fans, here are some things they may have missed:

- cut block and shot to the head puts Broncos player in the hospital: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/17/derek-wolfe-leaves-seahawks-broncos-game-in-ambulance/

- Redskins saying Red Bryant stepped on a player and hit him in the head: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1476112-are-the-seattle-seahawks-a-dirty-team

- Cowboys players think Seahawks play dirty: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4697783/did-seattle-make-some-dirty-plays-on-dallas

I'm still looking for the interview footage of Atlanta's coach and Jeff Fisher questioning the way the Seahawk corners get away with defensive holding just as Harbaugh has complained. I think it was on ESPN.
Karma never forgets. At some point every team that plays over the edge gets their retribution.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
and of course seacocks fans were right to Robinsons defense on news reports, you tube videos, forums

That isn't a dirty play. Obviously you don't know anything about blocking. Michael Robinson is one of the most genuine class players in the NFL and had absolutely no intention of hurting that guy. There would have been a flag if he did anything illegal right there and if they missed the call he would be getting a fine soon. Which also will not happen. Your just mad because your team got annihilated. Sorry for the Wolfe but that's the risk of being a football player.

dirty play? you have no idea what youre talking about. it wasnt a high-low or chop block he just hit him straight backwards. tough that its a spinal injury but dont call a good football play cheap because someone on your team got hurt.

That was no dirty play, thats just the game of football.

These idiots just need to crawl back in there holes and keep pretending Seattle is The Clean Super Bowl bound team they like to masturbate too.

Originally posted by GNielsen:
For the purpose of educating bubble-bound Seahawks fans, here are some things they may have missed:

- cut block and shot to the head puts Broncos player in the hospital: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/17/derek-wolfe-leaves-seahawks-broncos-game-in-ambulance/

- Redskins saying Red Bryant stepped on a player and hit him in the head: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1476112-are-the-seattle-seahawks-a-dirty-team

- Cowboys players think Seahawks play dirty: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4697783/did-seattle-make-some-dirty-plays-on-dallas

I'm still looking for the interview footage of Atlanta's coach and Jeff Fisher questioning the way the Seahawk corners get away with defensive holding just as Harbaugh has complained. I think it was on ESPN.

Someone has to punch them in the mouth hard and I hope its us.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

It would be nice to go into Clink and just out-hit them, score on them early and often, shut down their offense and send their loud-mouth fans home in a huge funk. In fact, it would be better than nice. It would be fricking awesome. And it would be real nice to go up there and play them without incurring a bunch of injuries for a change. I'm so sick of all those cheap shots. You'd think the karma would catch up with them on that score one of these days.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

It would be nice to go into Clink and just out-hit them, score on them early and often, shut down their offense and send their loud-mouth fans home in a huge funk. In fact, it would be better than nice. It would be fricking awesome. And it would be real nice to go up there and play them without incurring a bunch of injuries for a change. I'm so sick of all those cheap shots. You'd think the karma would catch up with them on that score one of these days.

The last 2 years we went up there late in the season and incurred injuries to WR and TE that negatively impacted us as we made our playoff run and directly contributed to us not winning it all to a small degree. Case in point, Delanie Walker limped back to the NFCCG vs NYG and he didn't make the same impact that he could have after (Leroy Hill) kneed him in the face while he was still on the ground. Then Mike Rob and some other numbskull clocked Kyle Williams while he was on the ground and concussed him leading to several NYG players targeting KW in the NFCCG and him responding with a couple of fumbles. Fast forward to this season and we incur another Dec injury to a WR and TE with the significant injury to Mario stemming from a hi lo hit job by once again (Leroy Hill) cutting his leg in 2 and we sorely missed him in the Super Bowl.

The contests are competitive as they should be but there is genuine hatred of us by that team when you consider the words to come from the mouths of Sherman and Earl Thomas when they beat us and the only 49er to show that hate back was Bowman when he shredded that Hawk fan's gameday poster. This hatred comes from SEA envy of SF by their fan base and the defectors from our club and their slimy coach Pete Carroll. I can't wait to stick it to them once more as we did Dec 2011 when we left out cussing them wishing them Merry Christmas. Then my favorite when PED user Larry Grant forced the game clinching fumble from Tavares Jackson then went to the sideline where he was greeted with skittles by adoring 49er fans just to rub it in to the SEA fan base. I loved that game and even though we won I was pissed that we allowed for the 1st time all year in the 14th game our 1st 100yd rusher and 1st rushing TD and that was only the result of a late ST error. Perhaps an omen of things to come
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM ]
You know, I find all of this rhetoric about the Seattle Seahawks being a "dirty" team shameful. Primarily because it isn't true, but also because the fanbase for such a proud and highly decorated franchise like yours gets their panties in such a collective wad over an opposing team playing football much like they do. I presume this is due to the fact that the NFL, collectively, has and always will view the franchise in Seattle as "not really an NFL team". We Seahawk fans know this stigma all too well. As a result, when the undeserving outsider team that everyone else feels isn't worthy suddenly becomes a legitimate contender and gets the best of you, you try and justify it by attacking their integrity and credibility. There's no possible way you got out-footballed by that CFL team up in Seattle, it MUST have been something else. That's it, you got it. The knight in shining armor 49ers were shot in the back by the outcast, cowardly Seahawks while on your high horse. What a Tragedy.

I moved back to the PNW after being on the east coast for 16 years. I have missed whatever led to this rivalry becoming so toxic. When I've heard other Hawk fans talk negatively about 49er fans, I've actually defended you. For some reason, maybe because of Bill Walsh, Joe Montana and the Jerry Rice days of the 80's when, in my eyes at least, San Francisco defined NFL class and professionalism. It would appear that those times, if they every really existed, are over. Perhaps Roland had it right over on .net, the reason he can't stand the 49er fans is because 2 years ago half of them were Raiders fans. I suppose that would explain the shootings and stabbings at Candlestick. What a shame.

There is so much poisonous hatred on this forum that it's no longer enjoyable, not to mention informative, to read.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
I wonder if Drew Bree's had the least amount of pass-attempts for a starting QB his rookie year?

you're just helping my argument. Least amount of pass attempts, yet tied the rookie td record. Hmmmm?
Originally posted by NinerG94:
You're really going to take stats from their rookie years and use that as the basis of your argument to say Wilson is as talented as Brees? I'm not saying he isn't but there's certainly not enough to compare at this point. Not to mention both qb's are completely different. Aside from height there isn't much they have in common. Also if you're going to use one year as a comparison you need to take into account the amount of talent each qb had around them. Tough comparison. Good luck.

I won't disagree with this.. I used the first full year as a starter for each because that's all we have at this point to compare.. But you're corret in your post, not enough info to realistically compare the two, and that was kind of the point i was making earlier.
Originally posted by NavyHawk:
There is so much poisonous hatred on this forum that it's no longer enjoyable, not to mention informative, to read.

Just six posts above yours, I've posted three articles about how other teams and fans besides the Niners feel the same way. Then, a couple posts later, Pillbusta recounted a number of cheap shots the Niners have taken up there in the last few games. You can deny all you like and say it isn't true. That's what I expect from Seahawk fans. All you're doing is confirming the original point that Seahawk fans live in a bubble and have no clue. At least back in the day Raider fans embraced their team's basic personality. Pathetically, Seahawk fans are just in denial.

And, if you don't like the "poisonous hatred" around here, by all means GTF outta here and don't come back. We don't need your B.S. on a Niner site anymore.
[ Edited by GNielsen on Aug 19, 2013 at 7:48 AM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
Yeah lets chill with the HOF comparisons mmmkay?

And WTF did we move this thread to Niner talk. Its already bad enough I gotta read trash from our enemies to the north in NFL Talk, now I gotta see this trash in Niner talk?

Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I don't think Brees is a good comparison to Wilson. The height is the only comparison there.
Wilson's most dangerous talent comes from his unique (yes, "unique") ability to avoid sacks. I don't even think Frank Tarkenton was as elusive as Wilson. Certainly not Michael Vick.
I have never seen a quarterback as difficult to sack as Wilson. He also has incredible touch on his passes.

Brees is more of a down-the-field, system quarterback. Of course, after one season, any generalization can get blown up by the next season.

Yeah lets chill with the HOF comparisons mmmkay?

And WTF did we move this thread to Niner talk. Its already bad enough I gotta read trash from our enemies to the north in NFL Talk, now I gotta see this trash in Niner talk?

Again the argument wasn't is wilson as good as Bree's, it was does he have as much or more talent. Is he as good an athelete as Brees, nobody's comparing their careers, that would be silly at this point.
Originally posted by NavyHawk:

Just six posts above yours, I've posted three articles about how other teams and fans besides the Niners feel the same way. Then, a couple posts later, Pillbusta recounted a number of cheap shots the Niners have taken up there in the last few games. You can deny all you like and say it isn't true. That's what I expect from Seahawk fans. All you're doing is confirming the original point that Seahawk fans live in a bubble and have no clue. At least back in the day Raider fans embraced their team's basic personality. Pathetically, Seahawk fans are just in denial.

And, if you don't like the "poisonous hatred" around here, by all means GTF outta here and don't come back. We don't need your B.S. on a Niner site anymore.

Maybe we just don't care G, maybe we like being the bad boys.. Being nice and playing soft has gotten us exactly zippo, maybe this new attitude is exactly what this city/team needs. I don't like cheap shots, or injuries, and i will not condone/defend one of our players playing dirty, but i love physical football, and i love the reaction this team is getting from fans around the league.. frankly i just don't care what any other fan bases thinks of my Hawks, nor should I...
[ Edited by hawker84 on Aug 19, 2013 at 8:43 AM ]