There are 200 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
true.

Rams are the true rivalry vs the niners

[ Edited by Nolanonsense on Jun 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
No way. The only guy on that team that scared me is in Atlanta now.

Steven Jackson always seemed to disappear in games against us. I was more worried about Danny Amendola. Our secondary couldn't cover him to save their lives. Now Tavon Austin is a big unknown. Hopefully Vic Fangio is scheming to stop those fast, shifty slot receivers like Austin and Harvin, now both in our division. We're going to need our secondary to play very smart football, not go for big hits, wrap them up and take them down. Let the linebackers go for the big hits. This is what worries me about having a rookie free safety in Eric Reid. Hopefully he can contain Harvin and Austin, otherwise we're going to have some ugly games this year.
Originally posted by maltz88:
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Been an athlete, just call it intuition, I think the Seapunks implode more than expected in 2013 for a host of reasons and I can't wait to watch it happen. I have never hated a team or their fans in all my years even during the great NIners/Cowboys era. Even respected the Seahawks when Steve Largent was playing just as Jerry Rice did, they had class and were good. But I live up north and listen to the fans now. They are the most hateful loud mouthed punks I've ever run into and I have finally developed hate.

I want to see these punk Seahawks and their punk fans completely DESTROYED BY THE NINERS

You know, I'm kind of embracing it now as a hawks fan.

I've loved the hawks since I was old enough to understand football. First remember really rooting for them in 83', and have had season tickets since 97'.

But every Seattle team, beit the Seahawks, or Mariners, or Sonics (less maybe GP) have always had "good guys." Guys that you really like, and are easy to root for, which I've always appreciated.

But look where it's gotten us. I was one year old when the Sonics won a championship, since then.........

We've had some good teams, but no championships. So maybe the attitude the hawks have developed are what they need to take the next step. I'm not a big fan of Shermans mouth, and am pretty disgusted by the PED issues lately (although I'd be willing to bet a years salary that every team in the league has similar issues, it's just the way the tests break sometimes), but I do love their physical brand of play.

I hated watching the way Alexander used to run. Now we have Lynch. We used to be viewed as soft, now we have Chancellor, Wagner, Giacomini, Unger, and Lynch. Never have we had someone with the "it factor" and someone that thrives on being clutch like Russell Wilson.

So, while I'm pretty much anti smack talking, I find myself tolerating it now with the hawks changing their image. They certainly are a different team than I've ever rooted for.

The Mariners..........same ol story.

I never minded the Seahawks when they had Hasselbeck and Alexander. They were good and fairly classy. Now they've got a team full of Grade-A tools. Russell Wilson may not be a part of that, but I would find it hard to root for them if I were from Seattle.
Originally posted by Psinex:
I never minded the Seahawks when they had Hasselbeck and Alexander. They were good and fairly classy. Now they've got a team full of Grade-A tools. Russell Wilson may not be a part of that, but I would find it hard to root for them if I were from Seattle.

Out of curiosity, who do you consider a tool? Other than I'm assuming Sherman.....
Their defense is a legit top 5 defense IMO. Offense is still a bottom feeder.

But they seem to have their FO in check, and a good coaching staff. Their model seems to be sustainable long term. I think long term, they will once again be our biggest problem, but right now seahawks have the edge for the short term.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jun 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM ]
Stephen Jackson plays for the Falcons
Out of curiosity, who do you consider a tool? Other than I'm assuming Sherman.....

Possibly a Pete Carroll, Sherman, Browner, Tate, Moffitt, Irvin and the departed scum Leroy Hill to name a few
It's a crap shoot as they head into training camp.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1647590-st-louis-rams-rb-breakdown-complete-position-evaluation

Thank you. In reading that it is clear they have some pretty good talent there at RB headed into 2013 but yeah with Jackson gone that changes the whole flavor because he was a major issue for us. Think this brings me to having Rams and Hawks balanced now instead of Rams surprisingly ahead of them. Interesting post up there also about the schedules too.

Been an athlete, just call it intuition, I think the Seapunks implode more than expected in 2013 for a host of reasons and I can't wait to watch it happen. I have never hated a team or their fans in all my years even during the great NIners/Cowboys era. Even respected the Seahawks when Steve Largent was playing just as Jerry Rice did, they had class and were good. But I live up north and listen to the fans now. They are the most hateful loud mouthed punks I've ever run into and I have finally developed hate.

I want to see these punk Seahawks and their punk fans completely DESTROYED BY THE NINERS

It's pretty obvious you're looking for reasons to discredit Seattle. Trust me, I feel they are overrated by fans here on the Zone and WAY overrated by the media, but I doubt STL will be a bigger threat to us in the division. Personally, I don't think any team will truly threaten us for the division because Seattle will be the 2nd best in the West and they will actually regress from last year. We are the same team as last year, but with a franchise QB that actually has an offseason as the starter to work with. You could place any team in the NFL into our division and we would still take it.

As I stated previously in this thread, STL is not the thorn in our side that people here make them out to be. If Akers can make a kick that every other kicker in the NFL would nail, we win both games against them. Not to mention the tipping of our plays. If they had our number, they would have blown us out.

Arizona flat out sucks.

None of these teams will be a true threat. Seahawks will get a wildcard spot with a 10-6 record. Rams will be 8-8 or 9-7, still won't make the playoffs.. Arizona will be 5-11.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
No way. The only guy on that team that scared me is in Atlanta now.

Steven Jackson always seemed to disappear in games against us. I was more worried about Danny Amendola. Our secondary couldn't cover him to save their lives. Now Tavon Austin is a big unknown. Hopefully Vic Fangio is scheming to stop those fast, shifty slot receivers like Austin and Harvin, now both in our division. We're going to need our secondary to play very smart football, not go for big hits, wrap them up and take them down. Let the linebackers go for the big hits. This is what worries me about having a rookie free safety in Eric Reid. Hopefully he can contain Harvin and Austin, otherwise we're going to have some ugly games this year.

One big hit from Reid and Harvin or Austin will be on IR.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Niners can only beat themselves--sweeping the division...

I think in 1-2 more years the Rams will be competing for the division.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I think in 1-2 more years the Rams will be competing for the division.

They too are enamored with the way we are doing things from the front office down to the coaching staff and players. They are building to compete with us and they get up for us. We are building to win championships for years to come. The Rams will be the longer term threat simply due to their superiority at HC over the Hawks and it doesn't hurt that they never play 10AM road games because of their geographic location. Stadium issues may cause them to hit a snag in the near future as they may have to potentially relocate and I think that will throw them an unwanted wrinkle for a year or two
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
at least we know we can beat the hawks. part of me thinks the rams are in the players heads which is never good
Originally posted by cciowa:
at least we know we can beat the hawks. part of me thinks the rams are in the players heads which is never good

Uh uh. They have a pretty good matchup up front in their DL and we missed a couple kicks then the film study on us tipping plays all contributed to us losing that split
Seahawks and their punk fans to get a major whooping!

Thoughts?

You should have opened with this. And yes, I agree and Im sure everyone else in Seattle that are sick of these Hawks fans.
Share 49ersWebzone