LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by xtm059:
how do you know he isn't as talented as Bree's? Was Brees , his current form when he Joined the NFL..?

and then a seahawks fan said wilson is as good as drew brees

i died a little inside

Really? First off i never said he's as good as Bree's, I aked the quetion how do you know he's not as talented as Bree's. Maybe you have that answer?

Secondly if you look at Bree's stats from 2002 (his first full year as a starter), and compare them to RW stats in 2012, an argument can be made RW has as much talent or more than Bree's.

based on those stats, if you still disagree please provide me an argument for me why RW does not have as much talent as Drew Bree's.. We're talking pure talent here, not career stats or accomplishments. What brees did in his first year compared to what RW did in his..

I don't think Brees is a good comparison to Wilson. The height is the only comparison there.
Wilson's most dangerous talent comes from his unique (yes, "unique") ability to avoid sacks. I don't even think Frank Tarkenton was as elusive as Wilson. Certainly not Michael Vick.
I have never seen a quarterback as difficult to sack as Wilson. He also has incredible touch on his passes.

Brees is more of a down-the-field, system quarterback. Of course, after one season, any generalization can get blown up by the next season.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Aug 15, 2013 at 4:35 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by xtm059:
how do you know he isn't as talented as Bree's? Was Brees , his current form when he Joined the NFL..?

and then a seahawks fan said wilson is as good as drew brees

i died a little inside

Really? First off i never said he's as good as Bree's, I aked the quetion how do you know he's not as talented as Bree's. Maybe you have that answer?

Secondly if you look at Bree's stats from 2002 (his first full year as a starter), and compare them to RW stats in 2012, an argument can be made RW has as much talent or more than Bree's.

based on those stats, if you still disagree please provide me an argument for me why RW does not have as much talent as Drew Bree's.. We're talking pure talent here, not career stats or accomplishments. What brees did in his first year compared to what RW did in his..

I don't think Brees is a good comparison to Wilson. The height is the only comparison there.
Wilson's ability comes from his unique (yes, "unique") ability to avoid sacks. I don't even think Frank Tarkenton was as elusive as Wilson. Certainly not Michael Vick.
I have never seen a quarterback as difficult to sack as Wilson. He also has incredible touch on his passes.

Brees is more of a down-the-field, system quarterback. Of course, after one season, any generalization can get blown up by the next season.
Alex Smith is the new Brees in the Chiefs gameday thread
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 15, 2013 at 4:35 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Alex Smith is the new Brees in the Chiefs gameday thread

I don't understand why everybody wants to compare people with Brees. I guess Brees had a slow start to his career, therefore that opens the door to anybody turning into Brees.
Wilson's most dangerous talent comes from his unique (yes, "unique") ability to avoid sacks. I don't even think Frank Tarkenton was as elusive as Wilson. Certainly not Michael Vick.

Watch some footage of Tarkenton. I'm telling you - their scrambling is very similar. Tarkenton even had that reverse spin thing Wilson does and Tarkenton also had this uncanny ability to switch directions when someone was coming up behind him very similar to what I saw Wilson do last season. But, if you're right and Wilson is more elusive than Tarkenton, then Wilson is going to be the best scrambler of all time because that crown is currently held by Tarkenton. Tarkenton is the only other player I've ever seen with scrambles that sometimes seemed as long as that 16 second marathon Wilson laid on the Niners last season.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
I wonder if Drew Bree's had the least amount of pass-attempts for a starting QB his rookie year?

Hadn't heard this (if you're referring to RW) . . .

yeah, RW was way down there in PA (tied with RGIII for 25th overall) but, posted a pretty nice scoring ratio - since he was tied for 9th overall in TD passes
(and, in fact, tied Peyton's rookie record for such)
Guess he was doing something right
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Aug 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM ]

Yeah lets chill with the HOF comparisons mmmkay?

And WTF did we move this thread to Niner talk. Its already bad enough I gotta read trash from our enemies to the north in NFL Talk, now I gotta see this trash in Niner talk?
[ Edited by WINiner on Aug 15, 2013 at 10:54 PM ]
Once more. Brees carries the Saints. It is a passing offense that can run. He carried that team from the ruins of Katrina with an average defense to win the Super Bowl. Wilson and Kaep play on teams that feature an elite rushing attack and defense. Brees does not yet he wins anyway. Big difference. Brees carried NO. Kap and Wilson have run first offenses and better teams. This is not to take anything away from Kap or Wilson but they don't shoulder the same load that Drew Brees does so any comparison other than between the teams is not accurate IMO.
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 16, 2013 at 4:14 PM ]
Don't know if this has been posted-
Bruce Arians: I don't see dominance on 49ers, 'Hawks
"I don't see the dominance that everybody else talks about," Arians said Thursday, per the Cardinals' official website. "One of those teams may be (dominant). It still has to be played on Sunday."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000230630/article/bruce-arians-on-49ers-hawks-i-dont-see-dominance
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Aug 16, 2013 at 9:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
"I don't see the dominance that everybody else talks about," Arians said Thursday, per the Cardinals' official website. "One of those teams may be (dominant). It still has to be played on Sunday."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000230630/article/bruce-arians-on-49ers-hawks-i-dont-see-dominance

Well, I guess when the "best" is a shared title based on what the "experts" say, these are the shots you take from the Cards...I honestly don't know what to say about this.

The "Best" is the 49ers right now. If the Tards don't understand that, then 58-0 is just a start. The rest of us will continue competing in reality.

Prepare to watch us in January.

Carson Palmer won't last the whole year

4-12 for the Cardinals

Cards fan reactions to Arians statement-

"The talent gap isnt a big as you think. With average QB play last year we would have been in the running for a wildcard spot. Williams, dockett, dansby, minter, powers could also start for those teams. All Arians was saying is these teams havent dominated like the pats have. Kaepernick hasnt even started a full season, Wilson grew a lot during the season, we destroyed him week 1 last year. defense now have more time to prepare to defend those types of offenses. 49ers and hawks both lost thier biggest playmakers, we got a lot of guys back from injury, we now have a competent qb and great gameplanners. Its hard to be dominant in this league."

"Quite frankly I am more worried about the Seahawks than I am about the 49ers. I just don't think Colin Kaepernick is the real deal and will have a drop off in productions this season. I think Russel Wilson is the real deal and will be better this season than last. I think the Rams will be much improved and we might just have a four way tie for the division of beating up on each other. Division games are going to be crucial. I think Arians is stating the old cliche' of "Any Given Sunday" and rightfully so."
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?65753-Arians-calls-out-hawks-and-niners
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Aug 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM ]
When was the last time we lost to the Cards again? I guess they now have their franchise QB that wanted to be our backup I guess
Cards fan reactions to Arians statement-

"The talent gap isnt a big as you think. With average QB play last year we would have been in the running for a wildcard spot. Williams, dockett, dansby, minter, powers could also start for those teams. All Arians was saying is these teams havent dominated like the pats have. Kaepernick hasnt even started a full season, Wilson grew a lot during the season, we destroyed him week 1 last year. defense now have more time to prepare to defend those types of offenses. 49ers and hawks both lost thier biggest playmakers, we got a lot of guys back from injury, we now have a competent qb and great gameplanners. Its hard to be dominant in this league."

"Quite frankly I am more worried about the Seahawks than I am about the 49ers. I just don't think Colin Kaepernick is the real deal and will have a drop off in productions this season. I think Russel Wilson is the real deal and will be better this season than last. I think the Rams will be much improved and we might just have a four way tie for the division of beating up on each other. Division games are going to be crucial. I think Arians is stating the old cliche' of "Any Given Sunday" and rightfully so."
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?65753-Arians-calls-out-hawks-and-niners

aww that's cute, the most irrelevant fanbase in the division has hope for making the playoffs

bless their little hearts
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Carson Palmer won't last the whole year

4-12 for the Cardinals

After watching that sack-fest by the Niners last night, I'm inclined to agree that Palmer is going to get absolutely pummeled. It's not just the Niners. He's also got to stand in there with the Rams and Hawks. And, he's not exactly what you'd call mobile.

Share 49ersWebzone