LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
The Rams lb Jolon Dunbar was just suspended for PED use and will be reinstated the day after our game with them
Hey take it easy on him. That guy got Kap promoted

savior of the franchise
I don't know what it is, but I just have the strongest feeling that the Niners are going to sweep the division this season. I think Kaepernick is going to shock the league this year. The other day he completed a 45 yard pass to Davis that never got over 10 yards off the ground and was in Vernon's hands before any of the d-backs even knew he threw it.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I don't know what it is, but I just have the strongest feeling that the Niners are going to sweep the division this season. I think Kaepernick is going to shock the league this year. The other day he completed a 45 yard pass to Davis that never got over 10 yards off the ground and was in Vernon's hands before any of the d-backs even knew he threw it.

It might be homerism but I hope that we can somehow go 6 - 0 in this division. It will be a tall task though
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 15, 2013 at 12:31 AM ]
It might be homerism but I hope that we can somehow go 6 - 0 in this division. It will be a tall task though

As long as we take the gold suckaaaaaa

I know it's incredibly hard to do in this division. It's arguably the strongest in the league. But, I just have a feeling. Of course, I'm an unrepentant homer, but I'm also a student of the game. I just like the look of this team right now on both sides of the ball.
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by hawker84:
how do you know he isn't as talented as Bree's? Was Brees , his current form when he Joined the NFL..?

and then a seahawks fan said wilson is as good as drew brees

i died a little inside

Really? First off i never said he's as good as Bree's, I aked the quetion how do you know he's not as talented as Bree's. Maybe you have that answer?

Secondly if you look at Bree's stats from 2002 (his first full year as a starter), and compare them to RW stats in 2012, an argument can be made RW has as much talent or more than Bree's.

based on those stats, if you still disagree please provide me an argument for me why RW does not have as much talent as Drew Bree's.. We're talking pure talent here, not career stats or accomplishments. What brees did in his first year compared to what RW did in his..
i just hope we beat the f**kin rams. not beating them atleast once last year sucked and i want to beat up the seahawks so bad. dirty b*****ds banged us up on a short week and we lost some key pieces due to them and limped into the playoffs at less than full strength because of that game
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
The Rams lb Jolon Dunbar was just suspended for PED use and will be reinstated the day after our game with them
Hey take it easy on him. That guy got Kap promoted

savior of the franchise

He deserves a raise. We owe the next 10 years of success to that guy!
Really? First off i never said he's as good as Bree's, I aked the quetion how do you know he's not as talented as Bree's. Maybe you have that answer?

Secondly if you look at Bree's stats from 2002 (his first full year as a starter), and compare them to RW stats in 2012, an argument can be made RW has as much talent or more than Bree's.

based on those stats, if you still disagree please provide me an argument for me why RW does not have as much talent as Drew Bree's.. We're talking pure talent here, not career stats or accomplishments. What brees did in his first year compared to what RW did in his..

You're really going to take stats from their rookie years and use that as the basis of your argument to say Wilson is as talented as Brees? I'm not saying he isn't but there's certainly not enough to compare at this point. Not to mention both qb's are completely different. Aside from height there isn't much they have in common. Also if you're going to use one year as a comparison you need to take into account the amount of talent each qb had around them. Tough comparison. Good luck.
Originally posted by NinerG94:

You're really going to take stats from their rookie years and use that as the basis of your argument to say Wilson is as talented as Brees? I'm not saying he isn't but there's certainly not enough to compare at this point. Not to mention both qb's are completely different. Aside from height there isn't much they have in common. Also if you're going to use one year as a comparison you need to take into account the amount of talent each qb had around them. Tough comparison. Good luck.

I wonder if Drew Bree's had the least amount of pass-attempts for a starting QB his rookie year?

Originally posted by NinerG94:

I wonder if Drew Bree's had the least amount of pass-attempts for a starting QB his rookie year?

LOL
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Aug 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
While it is possible to have 4 teams without losing records, it would essentially mean that the NFC W would crush all other divisions...

Not likely, I agree. But we are the dominant division right now IMO.

This is silly. Why is it silly? Simple.

Terry Bradshaw's first year: a 38% completion rate with 6 TD's and 24 interceptions
Troy Aikman's first year: 53% completion rate with 9 TD's and 18 interceptions
John Elway's first year: 47% completion rate with 7 TD's and 14 interceptions
Peyton Manning's first year: 56% completion rate with 26 TD's and 28 interceptions

These are all Hall of Fame QB's. Some did well right off the bat. Marino had a great first year. Montana's first full year was much better than the above four. Tarkenton did a little better than these guys, but had a lot of interceptions - same with Farvre. But, the point is that you really can't tell a lot by looking at a QB's first year.

It's true that Kaepernick, RGIII and Wilson did a LOT better than these guys did in their first year starting and Newton did a little better in his first two years. We'll just have to see if they can keep it up.

This is silly. Why is it silly? Simple.

Terry Bradshaw's first year: a 38% completion rate with 6 TD's and 24 interceptions
Troy Aikman's first year: 53% completion rate with 9 TD's and 18 interceptions
John Elway's first year: 47% completion rate with 7 TD's and 14 interceptions
Peyton Manning's first year: 56% completion rate with 26 TD's and 28 interceptions

These are all Hall of Fame QB's. Some did well right off the bat. Marino had a great first year. Montana's first full year was much better than the above four. Tarkenton did a little better than these guys, but had a lot of interceptions - same with Farvre. But, the point is that you really can't tell a lot by looking at a QB's first year.

It's true that Kaepernick, RGIII and Wilson did a LOT better than these guys did in their first year starting and Newton did a little better in his first two years. We'll just have to see if they can keep it up.

Right on. And you can't really compare stats from seasons 10+ years apart. The game changes too much. Offensive schemes and rule changes have greatly inflated stats. Heck, even Mark Sanchez's worst years are superior to Bradshaw/Aikman/Elway rookie seasons, statistically. Is he better than them? Hell no. Of course I'm not comparing Sanchez to RW. RW is a better player by leaps and bounds. But I wouldn't be so quick to compare RW to a sure-fire HOFer like Drew Brees.

Share 49ersWebzone