There are 351 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by daragon:
We're basically arguing about unkowns here. But in my gut, I feel that if you put RW on the Saints teams that Brees won with, RW wouldn't have come close to what Brees did. RW is elusive, and he can play well, but I just dont think he has the skills or abilities that Brees has. And it may be the mental makeup, and not so much the physical attributes. As of today, Brees is superior to Russell. If RW even wants to be taken seriously as a top 5 QB in this league, he'll have to prove it this year, just like Kaep, RG3, Luck, Cam, etc. But of all of them, I think RW is actually the worst of the bunch, he just has a great team around him, and a great homefield advantage. You can't fault the guy for those things though, but I can state that my opinion is that he isn't as good as the rest.

Would I like RW to be the best? Sure, that would be great.
Obviously, if the QB of the team you follow is the best (or at least in that very upper echelon) the chances of that team winning a championship increases exponentially. But, what really matters is winning. So, if that great team and great home field advantage helps the Seahawks toward a non-empty trophy case and, the process, RW is merely "good" - I'm fine with that. You know, the whole Aristotle deal, "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts."

Originally posted by daragon:
We're basically arguing about unkowns here. But in my gut, I feel that if you put RW on the Saints teams that Brees won with, RW wouldn't have come close to what Brees did. RW is elusive, and he can play well, but I just dont think he has the skills or abilities that Brees has. And it may be the mental makeup, and not so much the physical attributes. As of today, Brees is superior to Russell. If RW even wants to be taken seriously as a top 5 QB in this league, he'll have to prove it this year, just like Kaep, RG3, Luck, Cam, etc. But of all of them, I think RW is actually the worst of the bunch, he just has a great team around him, and a great homefield advantage. You can't fault the guy for those things though, but I can state that my opinion is that he isn't as good as the rest.

Fair enough, and you could be absolutely correct.. But just for my amusement, i'm going to save this post for you, and we'll see how good your gut instinct is.
[ Edited by hawker84 on Aug 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM ]
Anybody see any reports on Tavon Austin in Ram's camp?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

tearing s**t up. that's all i've heard.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

That guy is going to be a thorn in our side I fear.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

agree. Gonna be a nightmare in coverage.

Is he better than Percy Harvin? Because, on what I would call an off day for the Niner defense, they held Harvin to 9 catches for 89 yards and no TD's. I'll wait until I see a game or two before I pronounce him an ongoing "thorn in our side."
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Is he better than Percy Harvin? Because, on what I would call an off day for the Niner defense, they held Harvin to 9 catches for 89 yards and no TD's. I'll wait until I see a game or two before I pronounce him an ongoing "thorn in our side."

Fair enough, but we made Amendola look like megatron when we played them and he seems to be better than him.
Fair enough, but we made Amendola look like megatron when we played them and he seems to be better than him.

That's also fair enough. Amendola had 11 receptions for 103 yards and no TD's. That's a good day - not a great day, but a good day. And, I think the defense is more centered on a Harvin or an Austin than they were on Amendola.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

That's also fair enough. Amendola had 11 receptions for 103 yards and no TD's. That's a good day - not a great day, but a good day. And, I think the defense is more centered on a Harvin or an Austin than they were on Amendola.
Yeah, I was waiting for him to pull a muscle after getting all that work against us lol.

The Rams lb Jolon Dunbar was just suspended for PED use and will be reinstated the day after our game with them
Originally posted by hawker84:
how do you know he isn't as talented as Bree's? Was Brees , his current form when he Joined the NFL..?

and then a seahawks fan said wilson is as good as drew brees

i died a little inside
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
The Rams lb Jolon Dunbar was just suspended for PED use and will be reinstated the day after our game with them
Hey take it easy on him. That guy got Kap promoted
lolz
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Hey take it easy on him. That guy got Kap promoted

Share 49ersWebzone