Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs NFC West

Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Brees has three inches on him.

how tall is Drew?

Who said he was talking about height.
Originally posted by daragon:
Haha. How am I comparing them, other then saying, he isn't as talented as Brees? He isn't. Plain and simple. Maybe when he grows up, but until then, he isn't.

so what you're saying is his numbers and accomplishments are not comparible, i would agree, but to say he doesn't have the same amount or more talent is pre-mature.. you have no way of knowing that unless you have a crystal ball or something.. Neither would i for that matter.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Brees has three inches on him.

how tall is Drew?

Who said he was talking about height.

Touchet
So now you're saying he is as talented as Brees? Wow. That was a leap. Haha. He may one day be that good. Is he now?

i would have suspected this response from you, if you would care to refer back to post #95, you would see that your post here was not neccesary.

No I need to go back and read every post in this thread. Jeez, you're demanding. Lol. I just think RW is good, not elite. Can he be someday? Sure. But so can a ton of other QB's. Lol. And some of those other QB's aren't so short and serious. Haha.
Haha. How am I comparing them, other then saying, he isn't as talented as Brees? He isn't. Plain and simple. Maybe when he grows up, but until then, he isn't.

so what you're saying is his numbers and accomplishments are not comparible, i would agree, but to say he doesn't have the same amount or more talent is pre-mature.. you have no way of knowing that unless you have a crystal ball or something.. Neither would i for that matter.

You just went on a spree talking about how you go off of stats for your information. Do yourself a favor and pull up their stats. Then come back and tell me how they compare. Haha. Let's talk sexy stats Hawk fan.
I don't have stats for his next 5,6 years, do you know where i can find them? can i borrow your crystal ball? how can you compare 1 year of stats to several years?

You don't get it, that's like me saying Kap doesn't have the same talent as Rogers based on his last ten games and Rogers last 5 seasons.. It's not a fair comparison, nor is it a fair opinion..
[ Edited by hawker84 on Aug 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM ]
One way Russell may have Colin beat, is in a staring contest. That dude is so serious all the time. I'm sure he could stare anyone into abyss.
One way Russell may have Colin beat, is in a staring contest. That dude is so serious all the time. I'm sure he could stare anyone into abyss.

I'll give you he's got the sleepy eye thing down pat..no doubt.
I don't have stats for his next 5,6 years, do you know where i can find them? can i borrow your crystal ball? how can you compare 1 year of stats to several years?

You don't get it, that's like me saying Kap doesn't have the same talent as Rogers based on his last ten games and Rogers last 5 seasons.. It's not a fair comparison, nor is it a fair opinion..

Oooo. I think I'm starting to pull away in this debate. Lol. You don't have stats on RW for the next 5 to 10 years. So you can't make the statement of his greatness either. But we sure can make a statement about Brees, because we have his stats. All I'm saying is, as of now, RW is not as good as Drew Brees. You see potential, but so do we in Colin. You think your guy will overcome being a little shorty, and we think Colin can grow with his athleticism. You want to argue odds against proven greatness, portential against record setters. I'm sure Raider fans thought the same thing with their syrup drinker. Simply put, RW is short, abnormally so for a QB. He is going to have to do a lot to stand out going forward. We'll see, but based off of everything I've seen in the NFL as I have grown up, I don't expect a Superman season for RW.
Oooo. I think I'm starting to pull away in this debate. Lol. You don't have stats on RW for the next 5 to 10 years. So you can't make the statement of his greatness either. But we sure can make a statement about Brees, because we have his stats. All I'm saying is, as of now, RW is not as good as Drew Brees. You see potential, but so do we in Colin. You think your guy will overcome being a little shorty, and we think Colin can grow with his athleticism. You want to argue odds against proven greatness, portential against record setters. I'm sure Raider fans thought the same thing with their syrup drinker. Simply put, RW is short, abnormally so for a QB. He is going to have to do a lot to stand out going forward. We'll see, but based off of everything I've seen in the NFL as I have grown up, I don't expect a Superman season for RW.

You win my man, can't argue with this kind of logic.. you've clearly demonstrated your point to perfection and have shown me the errors in my argument, and i stand before you a shell of a man in bitter defeat.. congrats..

So let me ask you a question, what is it exactly that Brees does better? is it arm strength, footwork, scrambling, vision, leadership, etc.. or is it winning SB's and breaking records? Just curious as to what makes Brees more talented.. Another thing that boggles my mind is, since we both know that Brees is head and shoulders above Rivers in the talent department, why did Rivers get the SD job over him? Clearly SD's FO must be bafoons then right?
[ Edited by hawker84 on Aug 12, 2013 at 12:23 PM ]

You win my man, can't argue with this kind of logic.. you've clearly demonstrated your point to perfection and have shown me the errors in my argument, and i stand before you a shell of a man in bitter defeat.. congrats..

So let me ask you a question, what is it exactly that Brees does better? is it arm strength, footwork, vision, leadership, etc.. or is it wining SB's and breaking records? Just curious as to what makes Brees more talented..

This will be a very telling year. Both Wilson and Kaep are sophomores and both are unknowns. Bradford must emerge this year. Wilson has been compared to Tarkenton and seems to possess great leadership. His scrambling ability allows him to buy so much more time that the combination of Lynch's toughness and Wilson's scrambling tires out defenses to the point you see them with hands on their hips in the second half. He has a strong arm and can throw on the run and for what little he lacks in speed he makes up for it in elusiveness. The only question is his height and how teams will scheme for him and his lack of vision. The only problem with this theory is that while Wilson may have a hard time seeing them, they will also have a hard time seeing Wilson..

Kaep's only comparison that is like him physically is Cam Newton. Cam had a great rookie season and floundered in his second. Questions were raised by some of his offseason antics but every journalist who has studied his on the field play raves about his leadership and his commanding presence on the offensive side of the ball. He has all world speed and a rocket arm and is a tough runner. With Davis's speed, teams will have to pick their poison and decide if they want to stop the run and do one on one bump and run coverage with Davis, or double him and risk Colin scrambling teams to death behind a fantastic o line. Kaep's and Wilson's durability will be tested (since teams will look to hit them continuously) and it will be interesting to see how defense's scheme this year now that they have had all offseason to study.

Bradford is on trial this year; he has a few toys to play with this year but their depth is margin thin. He must show a quantum leap in accuracy toughness and leadership otherwise the Rams will be set back a couple years looking for a franchise QB. I like Bradford as a quarterback and him being an unknown makes the Rams the biggest sleeper in the NFL.

Should be fun!!
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

So let me ask you a question, what is it exactly that Brees does better? is it arm strength, footwork, vision, leadership, etc.. or is it wining SB's and breaking records? Just curious as to what makes Brees more talented..

What? i think it's a legit question.. because based on his argument, it would be fair to say Felix Hernandez is not as talented as Roger Clemens, because Clemens clearly has better numbers wins wise and strike outs to name a few, and has won a championship, Felix has not, so clearly Clemens is the more talented pitcher, regardless of the fact the Hernandez is still early in his career and Clemens is retired..

So let me ask you a question, what is it exactly that Brees does better? is it arm strength, footwork, scrambling, vision, leadership, etc.. or is it winning SB's and breaking records? Just curious as to what makes Brees more talented.. Another thing that boggles my mind is, since we both know that Brees is head and shoulders above Rivers in the talent department, why did Rivers get the SD job over him? Clearly SD's FO must be bafoons then right?

If you had to trade Seahawks run game for Drew Bree's pass attempts you might not think RW was that great. Of course you could make that argument against the Niners and any other tea that consistently runs and plays good D.
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
This will be a very telling year. Both Wilson and Kaep are sophomores and both are unknowns. Bradford must emerge this year. Wilson has been compared to Tarkenton and seems to possess great leadership. His scrambling ability allows him to buy so much more time that the combination of Lynch's toughness and Wilson's scrambling tires out defenses to the point you see them with hands on their hips in the second half. He has a strong arm and can throw on the run and for what little he lacks in speed he makes up for it in elusiveness. The only question is his height and how teams will scheme for him and his lack of vision. The only problem with this theory is that while Wilson may have a hard time seeing them, they will also have a hard time seeing Wilson..

Kaep's only comparison that is like him physically is Cam Newton. Cam had a great rookie season and floundered in his second. Questions were raised by some of his offseason antics but every journalist who has studied his on the field play raves about his leadership and his commanding presence on the offensive side of the ball. He has all world speed and a rocket arm and is a tough runner. With Davis's speed, teams will have to pick their poison and decide if they want to stop the run and do one on one bump and run coverage with Davis, or double him and risk Colin scrambling teams to death behind a fantastic o line. Kaep's and Wilson's durability will be tested (since teams will look to hit them continuously) and it will be interesting to see how defense's scheme this year now that they have had all offseason to study.

Bradford is on trial this year; he has a few toys to play with this year but their depth is margin thin. He must show a quantum leap in accuracy toughness and leadership otherwise the Rams will be set back a couple years looking for a franchise QB. I like Bradford as a quarterback and him being an unknown makes the Rams the biggest sleeper in the NFL.

Should be fun!!

. Another QB Kap compares to IMO is Randall Cunningham