There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs NFC West

Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by daragon:
I don't believe that the anyone is saying that he is going to be completely shut down or oblitorated. The other quaterbacks you are mentioning may have a tougher time this year too. The difference is, they may be able to overcome certain things that Wilson won't. He can't get taller all of a sudden, and by all means, he isn't as talented as Brees. I expect Wilson to have a decent year, just not an electrifying year.
how do you know he isn't as talented as Bree's? Was Brees , his current form when he Joined the NFL..?

How do you know he is talented as Brees?
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
How come the 49ers didn't go after Ricky Jean-Francois??? I thought he gave Russell Okung quite a battle at the Clink last year. I thought he was pretty gifted and might be a successor to Justin Smith.

I think it's just the way Baalke operates. He places a value on a given position and if the player demands more than what he thinks the position is worth, he has a hard time justifying paying the money. And, in this case, they were looking at a boat-load of draft picks coming up, so they drafted a few potential replacements and brought in Dorsey as well.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by daragon:
I don't believe that the anyone is saying that he is going to be completely shut down or oblitorated. The other quaterbacks you are mentioning may have a tougher time this year too. The difference is, they may be able to overcome certain things that Wilson won't. He can't get taller all of a sudden, and by all means, he isn't as talented as Brees. I expect Wilson to have a decent year, just not an electrifying year.
how do you know he isn't as talented as Bree's? Was Brees , his current form when he Joined the NFL..?

How do you know he is talented as Brees?

I don't!!!!
Originally posted by hawker84:
how do you know he isn't as talented as Bree's? Was Brees , his current form when he Joined the NFL..?

Brees has three inches on him.
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by daragon:
I don't believe that the anyone is saying that he is going to be completely shut down or oblitorated. The other quaterbacks you are mentioning may have a tougher time this year too. The difference is, they may be able to overcome certain things that Wilson won't. He can't get taller all of a sudden, and by all means, he isn't as talented as Brees. I expect Wilson to have a decent year, just not an electrifying year.
how do you know he isn't as talented as Bree's? Was Brees , his current form when he Joined the NFL..?

How do you know he is talented as Brees?

I don't!!!!

lol easy BUD. Daragon is stating his opinion, deal with it
So after 1 preseason game:

NFC West Power Poll

1) SF - Starters looked great, depth - not so much
2) SEA - Starters didn't play great, but their depth did
3) ARI - Carson Palmer could be make Arizona much more formidable than expected, their defense should be stifling
4) STL - looked pretty bad against the Browns, Bradford had a nice pass to Givens, but overall not impressive
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
lol easy BUD. Daragon is stating his opinion, deal with it

deal with it? Kind of a premature opinon wouldn't you agree, comparing a rookie to a what is it 7, 8 year vet?
[ Edited by hawker84 on Aug 12, 2013 at 11:35 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
So after 1 preseason game:

NFC West Power Poll

1) SF - Starters looked great, depth - not so much
2) SEA - Starters didn't play great, but their depth did
3) ARI - Carson Palmer could be make Arizona much more formidable than expected, their defense should be stifling
4) STL - looked pretty bad against the Browns, Bradford had a nice pass to Givens, but overall not impressive

I want to see how the honey badger looked, heard he was impressive
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Brees has three inches on him.

how tall is Drew?
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
lol easy BUD. Daragon is stating his opinion, deal with it

deal with it? Kind of a premature opinon wouldn't you agree?
No, until proven otherwise, he is not as tatented as Brees. Brees owns the record for most passing yards in a season and has won a superbowl. seems like a fair opinion to me
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Aug 12, 2013 at 11:35 AM ]
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by daragon:
I don't believe that the anyone is saying that he is going to be completely shut down or oblitorated. The other quaterbacks you are mentioning may have a tougher time this year too. The difference is, they may be able to overcome certain things that Wilson won't. He can't get taller all of a sudden, and by all means, he isn't as talented as Brees. I expect Wilson to have a decent year, just not an electrifying year.
how do you know he isn't as talented as Bree's? Was Brees , his current form when he Joined the NFL..?

So now you're saying he is as talented as Brees? Wow. That was a leap. Haha. He may one day be that good. Is he now?
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
So after 1 preseason game:

NFC West Power Poll

1) SF - Starters looked great, depth - not so much
2) SEA - Starters didn't play great, but their depth did
3) ARI - Carson Palmer could be make Arizona much more formidable than expected, their defense should be stifling
4) STL - looked pretty bad against the Browns, Bradford had a nice pass to Givens, but overall not impressive

I want to see how the honey badger looked, heard he was impressive

Had a nice sack and good KR... looks like a baller
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
So after 1 preseason game:

NFC West Power Poll

1) SF - Starters looked great, depth - not so much
2) SEA - Starters didn't play great, but their depth did
3) ARI - Carson Palmer could be make Arizona much more formidable than expected, their defense should be stifling
4) STL - looked pretty bad against the Browns, Bradford had a nice pass to Givens, but overall not impressive

I want to see how the honey badger looked, heard he was impressive

Had a nice sack and good KR... looks like a baller
I really wanted to draft the kid
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
lol easy BUD. Daragon is stating his opinion, deal with it

deal with it? Kind of a premature opinon wouldn't you agree, comparing a rookie to a what is it 7, 8 year vet?

Haha. How am I comparing them, other then saying, he isn't as talented as Brees? He isn't. Plain and simple. Maybe when he grows up, but until then, he isn't.
Originally posted by daragon:
So now you're saying he is as talented as Brees? Wow. That was a leap. Haha. He may one day be that good. Is he now?

i would have suspected this response from you, if you would care to refer back to post #95, you would see that your post here was not neccesary.