There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs NFC West

Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by daragon:
I don't believe that the anyone is saying that he is going to be completely shut down or oblitorated. The other quaterbacks you are mentioning may have a tougher time this year too. The difference is, they may be able to overcome certain things that Wilson won't. He can't get taller all of a sudden, and by all means, he isn't as talented as Brees. I expect Wilson to have a decent year, just not an electrifying year.
how do you know he isn't as talented as Bree's? Was Brees , his current form when he Joined the NFL..?

How do you know he is talented as Brees?
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
How come the 49ers didn't go after Ricky Jean-Francois??? I thought he gave Russell Okung quite a battle at the Clink last year. I thought he was pretty gifted and might be a successor to Justin Smith.

I think it's just the way Baalke operates. He places a value on a given position and if the player demands more than what he thinks the position is worth, he has a hard time justifying paying the money. And, in this case, they were looking at a boat-load of draft picks coming up, so they drafted a few potential replacements and brought in Dorsey as well.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I don't believe that the anyone is saying that he is going to be completely shut down or oblitorated. The other quaterbacks you are mentioning may have a tougher time this year too. The difference is, they may be able to overcome certain things that Wilson won't. He can't get taller all of a sudden, and by all means, he isn't as talented as Brees. I expect Wilson to have a decent year, just not an electrifying year.
how do you know he isn't as talented as Bree's? Was Brees , his current form when he Joined the NFL..?

I don't!!!!

Brees has three inches on him.

I don't!!!!

lol easy BUD. Daragon is stating his opinion, deal with it
So after 1 preseason game:

NFC West Power Poll

1) SF - Starters looked great, depth - not so much
2) SEA - Starters didn't play great, but their depth did
3) ARI - Carson Palmer could be make Arizona much more formidable than expected, their defense should be stifling
4) STL - looked pretty bad against the Browns, Bradford had a nice pass to Givens, but overall not impressive

deal with it? Kind of a premature opinon wouldn't you agree, comparing a rookie to a what is it 7, 8 year vet?
[ Edited by hawker84 on Aug 12, 2013 at 11:35 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

NFC West Power Poll

3) ARI - Carson Palmer could be make Arizona much more formidable than expected, their defense should be stifling
4) STL - looked pretty bad against the Browns, Bradford had a nice pass to Givens, but overall not impressive

I want to see how the honey badger looked, heard he was impressive
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Brees has three inches on him.

how tall is Drew?

deal with it? Kind of a premature opinon wouldn't you agree?
No, until proven otherwise, he is not as tatented as Brees. Brees owns the record for most passing yards in a season and has won a superbowl. seems like a fair opinion to me
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Aug 12, 2013 at 11:35 AM ]

So now you're saying he is as talented as Brees? Wow. That was a leap. Haha. He may one day be that good. Is he now?

NFC West Power Poll

Had a nice sack and good KR... looks like a baller

NFC West Power Poll

Had a nice sack and good KR... looks like a baller
I really wanted to draft the kid

deal with it? Kind of a premature opinon wouldn't you agree, comparing a rookie to a what is it 7, 8 year vet?

Haha. How am I comparing them, other then saying, he isn't as talented as Brees? He isn't. Plain and simple. Maybe when he grows up, but until then, he isn't.
So now you're saying he is as talented as Brees? Wow. That was a leap. Haha. He may one day be that good. Is he now?

i would have suspected this response from you, if you would care to refer back to post #95, you would see that your post here was not neccesary.