LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 160 users in the forums

3rd Down Offense.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think one of the keys to producing on third downs is Kaep's innovation if a play breaks down. Coach and Roman will fix this.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I think one of the keys to producing on third downs is Kaep's innovation if a play breaks down. Coach and Roman will fix this.

at least we're not running the "Singletary / Raye offense" anymore ....long gone are the days of the "Run-Run-Pass-Punt Offense"

now we have the talent to get creative ..we were always in "3rd down and Obviously going to pass mode" 4 seasons ago ...how things have changed for the better
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Oh sorry let me rephrase. he NEVER does screens. There.

If everyone believes that, I'm hoping it's one of the "new wrinkles."
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Oh sorry let me rephrase. he NEVER does screens. There.

If everyone believes that, I'm hoping it's one of the "new wrinkles."

I sure hope so because it would really help our offense, IMO. I seem to vaguely recall screaming at my TV during one of the Rams games because they were blitzing every down (and getting pressure). A couple of well timed screens over the top would have backed that off and, (again) IMO, would have won us both of those games.

Ultimately, it didn't matter because we still made it to the Super Bowl and the reason we lost wasn't because we don't throw screens.
[ Edited by ghostrider on Jun 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM ]
Too many weapons this year and some seasoning in the system for most. Add in some new wrinkles. Gonna be good on third down.
Share 49ersWebzone