There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mario Manningham is expected to be out until late August.

remember when Jerry got hurt against Tampa ? ...Stokes and Owens were both very young and stepped it up

Patton and Jenkins need to do the same thing and be a factor early in the season
The only good news to come from Mario and King Crab going on PUP is that we get the receiver injuries out of the way EARLY instead of LATE (hopefully this is how it will be)

If we could have had the regular season play out the same way in W/L record but have the Manningham/Kyle Williams injuries early instead of late, I am almost positive we would have won it all.

I know we caught Chicago by surprise in CK's first game, but damn was that a versatile passing attack....
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jul 18, 2013 at 3:10 PM ]
Mario Ouchmyham
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
There is no way that Manningham will be ready to start opposite Boldin. If he ever comes back to be competitive in the league it will be a minor miracle. And I loved Manningham before he was even known in NY

What? Guys come back from ACL injuries all the time. This isnt 1975.

Mario Manningham tore his ACL AND PCL. How many players have you heard of that has torn their PCL? Its not a very common even in the NFL. The way you tear your PCL is equivalent to blunt force trauma at the knee just like we seen happen to Mario. Yes we see all the time with people coming back from an ACL tear but you also can tear your ACL from turning and cutting the wrong way. His injury was nowhere near the simple simple turn and cut tear that occurmore often. Marios injury even required additional surgeries. Big difference in injuries there.

I hope he does come back and start opposite Boldin but I do know it would be amazing for him come back and play at that type of level.

If it was serious as you're making it out to be, then the 49ers would have cut him.
There is no way that Manningham will be ready to start opposite Boldin. If he ever comes back to be competitive in the league it will be a minor miracle. And I loved Manningham before he was even known in NY

What? Guys come back from ACL injuries all the time. This isnt 1975.

Mario Manningham tore his ACL AND PCL. How many players have you heard of that has torn their PCL? Its not a very common even in the NFL. The way you tear your PCL is equivalent to blunt force trauma at the knee just like we seen happen to Mario. Yes we see all the time with people coming back from an ACL tear but you also can tear your ACL from turning and cutting the wrong way. His injury was nowhere near the simple simple turn and cut tear that occurmore often. Marios injury even required additional surgeries. Big difference in injuries there.

I hope he does come back and start opposite Boldin but I do know it would be amazing for him come back and play at that type of level.

If it was serious as you're making it out to be, then the 49ers would have cut him.

I tore my pcl, had surgery to repair it, the repair didn't really do s**t because my knee still moves around because of it but I have no pain what so ever and I can run full speed, stop, turn all going full speed.

Thanks, Doc, but Ronde Barber actually played with a torn PCL at one point and Tiki Barber tore his early in his career and came back to top 1000 yards several times. Willis McGahee tore his ACL, MCL, and PCL at Miami and ended up having a long productive career.

There are plenty of other examples of guys who came back from PCL injuries and it's generally considered a less serious injury for athletes than ACL tears.

Everyone needs to chill with the uninformed injury pessimism.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
remember when Jerry got hurt against Tampa ? ...Stokes and Owens were both very young and stepped it up

Patton and Jenkins need to do the same thing and be a factor early in the season

not to knock Kaep, but they had an established future HOFer in Young....Kaep's youth, mobility and raw playmaking ability at this point in his young career is not necessarily a disadvantage, but you can't deny that having a veteran, mult-MVP and Super Bowl winning QB helped TO and Stokes immensely than say theoretically if the Niners had a 3rd-year Steve McNair in 1997 running the ship (not to compare Kaep with McNair in any ways)