There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mario Manningham is expected to be out until late August.

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
A Vet like manningham can skip TC and preseason and be ready to start the season. IMO, this is great news if he can be ready to start the season on time.

This. I was more concerned he would miss the start of the season. TC...we are talking about training camp. Training camp. We are talking about training camp.

Not even the real games , we are talking about training camp man
Well, this was breaking news this afternoon via the NFL radio network. So I assume its accurate.
"Training camp... a whole lotta training, not so much a camp!" ~ Herm Edwards.
Lol
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on Jun 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM ]
Whenever he's cleared to play he can step on the field immediately and be a factor. He's a vet who's been in this system for over a year now.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
A Vet like manningham can skip TC and preseason and be ready to start the season. IMO, this is great news if he can be ready to start the season on time.

I was thinking the same thing. He missed almost all of pre season last season and was fine come week 1.
Good to hear. Kaep seems to trust him and should let our young widouts get valuable snaps in ps.
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Jun 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
All I've been reading is Mario on PUP when season starts. If he's ready to go even mid-September I call that a bonus.

Except I forgot if he's on PUP to begin season he can't play for so many games, right?

Out 6 games. We need him back healthy with Crabs out most of 2013.
I hope Manningham is ready to go game 1 but if not I think Jenkins and Patton can produce the same stats as Manningham did last year. It would still be great to have him on the field though. If he is healthy all season he can put up some very good numbers.
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
This is according to a report I heard today on Sirius-XM NFL radio. This really hurts considering Crabtree's injury and now Manningham will miss most, if not all of training camp and the preseason. Throw in a rookie at Safety and I'm starting to worry about our record during the beginning weeks of this upcoming season. Playing Seattle, in Seattle early on will be a b***h!

If this supposed to be a surprise? His knee got absolutely demolished. I've been saying since January that if people are counting on Manningham being anything more than the #5 WR this season, they will be likely sorely disappointed.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Whenever he's cleared to play he can step on the field immediately and be a factor. He's a vet who's been in this system for over a year now.

Just because he's "healthy" doesn't mean he'll be at 100% from the get-go, his injury went beyond a normal ACL injury. If he can round into form by midseason, I'll be quite pleased.
No, I don't think we can expect MM for awhile. He was really messed up. I think some folks are optimistic.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He won't be ready until mid season. They'll place him on the PUP list and he'll miss the first six games. I don't think anything has changed.
LOL if the Niners are going to rely on Manningham to any degree whatsoever. He is a non factor IMO. Fragile as all get out.

With or without him, the Niners will not skip a beat.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
LOL if the Niners are going to rely on Manningham to any degree whatsoever. He is a non factor IMO. Fragile as all get out.

With or without him, the Niners will not skip a beat.

Yeah, it's funny how people think Manningham is going to be the savior or something.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, it's funny how people think Manningham is going to be the savior or something.

I think we are looking at more of a committee than one guy. I think Jenkins will be much improved, Patton and McDonald will contribute instantly, Kyle Williams and Manningham even coming off injuries should be good for 300 or so each and not then Boldin will do his thing. Obviously, we wouldn't do as well as we would have with Crabtree but like someone said one silver lining is we get to see if Mannigham, Williams are worth keeping in free agency after this year. We get to see if Jenkins or Patton will be a 1 or 2 or if we have to draft another WR high again. We get to see if we can live without Crabtree since he is a free agent after 2014 anyways so only one more year of him plus whatever he plays this year. Might have to be ready for life without him so this is a good start to see where we are at. Also get to see if there is anything to Lockette as well. So like I said I expect a lot of rotating at the #2 and 3 WR's. Between those 2 spots Jenkins, Patton, Willliams and Manningham should all get time at one or both. Lockette could as well but might be more of a #4/5/6... we will see. I also expect Celek to be more of a receiving threat this year than he was last year so with Davis, McDonald and Celek at TE that should help take the pressure off the receiving core as well.