There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rookies and FAs You Root For

I've invested too much energy in UDFA and low draft picks in the past...

If I were to guess who makes the team as an UDFA or low draft pick:

- Gray (versatile, more closely resembles Delani Walker than McDonald)
- Moody (we have minimal depth behind Bowman and Willis, and he can contribute on ST right away)
- Dial (depth on the DL, which means that Tukuafu or Dobbs gets pushed off the roster)
- Daniels (McCoy is an upgrade from Tolzien, and Daniels has more tools than Tolzien, plus is a better simulation for Wilson / RGIII during practice)

Have to wait a few months to see what happens on that front...
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Jun 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM ]
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Isn't it obvious? They see Gray as a possible Delanie Walker Rev. 2.

he's capable of being much more ...I watched a lot of Gopher games, he has a ton of potential, the transition from college a QB to an NFL Tight End will be the biggest obstacle ...barring an injury in pre-season, I'm willing to bet money he will earn a spot on the team or the practice squad
Patton should have been a 2nd round pick. I guarantee he makes the team and is a significant contributor this season. Lattimore will be put on IR, so I don't think that counts.


As for other late rounders and FAs, I'm rooting for Daryl Morris (UDFA CB). He has the physical tools to be a great slot CB, which we desperately need.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Isn't it obvious? They see Gray as a possible Delanie Walker Rev. 2.

he's capable of being much more ...I watched a lot of Gopher games, he has a ton of potential, the transition from college a QB to an NFL Tight End will be the biggest obstacle ...barring an injury in pre-season, I'm willing to bet money he will earn a spot on the team or the practice squad

He's a very interesting prospect and clearly, it was easier for Walker because he was a receiver, but Gray is a real freak of an athlete. I have no doubt that he'll at least make the practice squad. These days, since they abandoned the 3rd QB exception in 2011 and went with just a straight 46 player game day roster, it could be a real advantage to have players at other positions who could take snaps in an emergency.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Patton should have been a 2nd round pick. I guarantee he makes the team and is a significant contributor this season. Lattimore will be put on IR, so I don't think that counts.


As for other late rounders and FAs, I'm rooting for Daryl Morris (UDFA CB). He has the physical tools to be a great slot CB, which we desperately need.

Morris is crazy fast and quick. Watching footage of him playing, he has tremendous closing speed; so much so that it's hard for me to understand why he wasn't drafted.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I've invested too much energy in UDFA and low draft picks in the past...

If I were to guess who makes the team as an UDFA or low draft pick:

- Gray (versatile, more closely resembles Delani Walker than McDonald)
- Moody (we have minimal depth behind Bowman and Willis, and he can contribute on ST right away)
- Dial (depth on the DL, which means that Tukuafu or Dobbs gets pushed off the roster)
- Daniels (McCoy is an upgrade from Tolzien, and Daniels has more tools than Tolzien, plus is a better simulation for Wilson / RGIII during practice)

Have to wait a few months to see what happens on that front...

I couldn't agree more!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Isn't it obvious? They see Gray as a possible Delanie Walker Rev. 2.

he's capable of being much more ...I watched a lot of Gopher games, he has a ton of potential, the transition from college a QB to an NFL Tight End will be the biggest obstacle ...barring an injury in pre-season, I'm willing to bet money he will earn a spot on the team or the practice squad

He's a very interesting prospect and clearly, it was easier for Walker because he was a receiver, but Gray is a real freak of an athlete. I have no doubt that he'll at least make the practice squad. These days, since they abandoned the 3rd QB exception in 2011 and went with just a straight 46 player game day roster, it could be a real advantage to have players at other positions who could take snaps in an emergency.

exactly
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Patton should have been a 2nd round pick. I guarantee he makes the team and is a significant contributor this season. Lattimore will be put on IR, so I don't think that counts.


As for other late rounders and FAs, I'm rooting for Daryl Morris (UDFA CB). He has the physical tools to be a great slot CB, which we desperately need.

Morris is crazy fast and quick. Watching footage of him playing, he has tremendous closing speed; so much so that it's hard for me to understand why he wasn't drafted.

I read somewhere his tackling skills arent NFL ready , but his speed and coverage skills are above average ...lets hope he is a diamond in the rough
Patton/Mcdonald- hopefully we get some serious production out of these 2 with Crabtree out

Reid- Hopefully he can be effective so our secondary doesn't get raped like it did throughout the playoffs
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Jun 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM ]
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
Gray have lots of potentails

I read ponytails at first. Thought it was a bit unusual to like a man for his haircut.
  • KK49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 141
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by blm7754:
Patton should have been a 2nd round pick. I guarantee he makes the team and is a significant contributor this season. Lattimore will be put on IR, so I don't think that counts.


As for other late rounders and FAs, I'm rooting for Daryl Morris (UDFA CB). He has the physical tools to be a great slot CB, which we desperately need.

Morris is crazy fast and quick. Watching footage of him playing, he has tremendous closing speed; so much so that it's hard for me to understand why he wasn't drafted.
I hope Morris and Cooper make it just for the sake of change... We need fresh look , different attitude...hope Nnamdi brings it too..
Im rooting for all the draftees ,, like em all.. how good they r?? we'll see. So how good is this Gray guy??? by the way not excited about Okoye at all... I think we should focus on football and how can we win a superball , not worry about a player that can start showing something in 3 years.. there s no way he makes the team... PS may be..