There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman - Two-year contract extension

Hell yeah!

I f**king love our team so much.




NO! The SI cover jinx!!!
If this team had any weak links, it started with Greg Roman.
  • KK49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 147
I hope for a better call selection during the last drive of the next super ball. just saying
But, he can leave if he is offered a head coaching position right? So, unless the Niners are paying him like a head coach (which I doubt). this extension dosen't really matter.
fails on 1st and goal in the super bowl and gets an extension. UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE.
Originally posted by KK49:
I hope for a better call selection during the last drive of the next super ball. just saying

You never know what you have til it's gone... The man is a HUGE asset, everyone who has ever been around him, including our whole offense says he is an offensive genius. I think they have a little better insight than all the screen haters...
[ Edited by HarboutTHAT on Jun 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,932
Originally posted by verb1der:
The Roman Offense remains!





Nice!
CHAMPIONSHIP
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
But, he can leave if he is offered a head coaching position right? So, unless the Niners are paying him like a head coach (which I doubt). this extension dosen't really matter.

Of course it matters.

He signed a team friendly deal in 2011 because he had no OC experience at the NFL level. Now he is among the league's elite. So, this is the club doing right by a superior coach. This, along with other veteran signings, go a long way to show we pay (and backpay) for performance.

s**t like this is why everybody in the NFL wants to be a 49er -- whether Roman becomes a head coach or not.
[ Edited by okdkid on Jun 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM ]
  • KK49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 147
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
Originally posted by KK49:
I hope for a better call selection during the last drive of the next super ball. just saying

You never know what you have til it's gone... The man is a HUGE asset, everyone who has ever been around him, including our whole offense says he is an offensive genius. I think they have a little better insight than all the screen haters...

was being sarcastic... like the dude and his ability to work with the players we have.. may be if we had another WR besides Crabtree , it would ve been different.. and now we don't even have him...
Originally posted by verb1der:
The Roman Offense remains!




um greek, not roman
I don't see how any Niner fan can construe this as a bad thing...last year the offense surged ahead of the defense. Understand the disappointment WRT the SB, but Roman's a key figure to get back to The Dance and win it. Having Kap for a full season should result in an even better offense, one that's good enough to win it all.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I don't see how any Niner fan can construe this as a bad thing...last year the offense surged ahead of the defense. Understand the disappointment WRT the SB, but Roman's a key figure to get back to The Dance and win it. Having Kap for a full season should result in an even better offense, one that's good enough to win it all.

that was mostly due to Kap's god given talent and nothing to do with play calling.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:




NO! The SI cover jinx!!!

WHAT IS THAT!? GORTEX?

...