There are 161 users in the forums

ESPN - Future Power Rankings - #1 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
To the Giants fan who decided to come to a FORTY NINERS forum and talk s**t about OUR team:

I understand your frustration with fans of other teams claiming their team to be best without them winning the Super Bowl.

I know you feel this way because you, just like every other optimistic 49er fan, know that the Giants are slowly on a decline while the Niners are on an upward path of improvement ( thats scary to even think about).

So yes, we are slightly overconfident in our team considering the fact that we did not win the Superbowl. I am sure you know that these two seasons you are referring to saw the Niners ALMOST make it to the Superbowl and then BARELY lose in the following Superbowl. Thats just the beginning Giants fan. Just the start.

I understand its a bit difficult to let go of the past and to let of the years when our team was 2-14 and 5-11...but, times are changing. There is a new big boy around campus....

And its not the Giants, thats ALL I will say because I understand how much you dislike us having faith in OUR beloved team.

Good day to your sir.
[ Edited by niner4life21 on Jun 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM ]
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Those two NFC Championship losses were gifts.

No question about it. And, I've never met a Giants fan big enough to admit it.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Give them credit for making the long trip out west then not making the critical errors that we made at the end of those games. They left out of here with wins and won the Super Bowl as a result. The losses hurt but the Giants put the better product on the field that day though dare I say, we had the better team both times this happened. I won't call it a gift but we surely could place the fault with ourselves for losing. The Giants on the other hand can feel good in the fact that they came, they saw, they conquered on those 2 days
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Give them credit for making the long trip out west then not making the critical errors that we made at the end of those games. They left out of here with wins and won the Super Bowl as a result. The losses hurt but the Giants put the better product on the field that day though dare I say, we had the better team both times this happened. I won't call it a gift but we surely could place the fault with ourselves for losing. The Giants on the other hand can feel good in the fact that they came, they saw, they conquered on those 2 days

This.
traitors
I was rather surprised that on ESPN, they showed the latest odds for the superbowl title. The Broncos topped the list even though they have major holes at OLB and there secondary is that much weaker as Champ Bailey ages. The Seahawks and 49ers were tied for 2nd. I personally believe those two should be tied for first. I think the 49ers and Seahawks are so ridiculously stacked it's not fair. Both have explosive dual threat offenses, and there defenses both have certain holes they have not fixed. For as dominant as the 49ers front seven is, there secondary lags far behind. For as dominant as the Seahawks secondary is, there front seven lacks aggressiveness.
Opinions are like as-holes. Everyone's got one and they all stink.

It's great to hear complimentary words BUT I take it w/the same attitude to the negative words.

Most of these guys are bandwagoners. The flavor of the month talking heads.

We have to win each game one at a time and then the playoffs and then the Super Bowl. Then we can enjoy it all and prepare for a repeat and then a three-peat.

Let the games begin!

GO NINERS!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Opinions are like as-holes. Everyone's got one and they all stink.

It's great to hear complimentary words BUT I take it w/the same attitude to the negative words.

Most of these guys are bandwagoners. The flavor of the month talking heads.

We have to win each game one at a time and then the playoffs and then the Super Bowl. Then we can enjoy it all and prepare for a repeat and then a three-peat.

Let the games begin!

GO NINERS!

Now that will top my wildest dreams: to bid farewell to Candlestick with a SB win; then close the maiden year of Levi Stadium with the second win and take the 50th SB to set a record three-peat.

I'll dream that if we go 2-0 on September 15.
[ Edited by ayetee on Sep 4, 2013 at 10:25 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone