There are 221 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ESPN - Future Power Rankings - #1 49ers

Originally posted by AllDente:
NY Giants fan here. I've been reading here and there how the Niner's are the team to beat or how they are now a dynasty. I respect the Niners, but is it too much to ask that the 49ers WIN SOMETHING FIRST before we declare them the team to beat in the NFL?

The Ravens have had a better track record than the 49ers in the last two years (in addition to the last five years) and have a young QB who's going into his prime. What have the 49ers accomplished these last to years that the Ravens haven't? I can tell you what the Ravens have accomplished that the 49ers haven't. Same with the Giants, Saints, Pats and Steelers...and all of those teams have been successful for a much longer time and have gotten more results.

The bottom line is this, the 49ers have accomplished nothing as of recent that would make them THE team to beat in the NFL. Scores of other teams have accomplished what they've accomplished recently. They're not the most successful franchise in the last ten years. They're not the most successful franchise in the last five seasons. They're not even the most successful franchise in the last two seasons, that distinction goes to the Ravens.

49ers are a good team, but you're talking potential dynasties. You have to win one before you can even use the word dynasty without being laughed at. In conclusion, WIN SOMETHING FIRST! Then puff your chest. For now, keep your head down and your eye on the prize.

One person said "DYNASTY, here we come" as a joke, nobody thinks the 49ers are a dynasty right now, we lost the NFC Championship game, then the Super Bowl, and haven't won anything since 1994. People here are just happy that ESPN, weighing all the facts, consider the 49ers the best team in the NFL. Are we suppose to say that they're wrong and the niners don't deserve it? I think you need to lighten up bro lol
  • pawi
  • Veteran
1. 49er fan posts article about 49ers on a 49ers message board.

2. Giants fan butthurt.

3. ??????????

4. Profit
Did the Giants even put points up on Atlanta? Those boys had plenty of time to break in those recliners during Playoffs.
ESPN also has Seahawks winning the NFC west next year and rank then #1 in ther regular rankings. Means nothing.
Originally posted by pawi:

2. Giants fan butthurt.

3. ??????????

4. Profit

I guess the Webzone must be a pretty good fan site when we have so many trolls migrating from other cities.
Originally posted by Youngone:

2. Giants fan butthurt.

3. ??????????

4. Profit

I guess the Webzone must be a pretty good fan site when we have so many trolls migrating from other cities.

Funny how they didn't come by here when we were winning 6 games a year. They now wanna know what the best teams fans are talking about
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Do you really believe the Ravens even have a shot at a title this year? Is Flacco even worth half the salary he was given? They completely decimated their team to give a slightly above average quarterback a record breaking deal. It sounds to me like your are doing what every NFL fan hates the 49ers fans doing. Bragging about your team winning superbowls in the past. The reason why your even on this website is because you know who the team to beat is. It's not the Giants and it's damn sure not the Ravens. The 49ers are becoming the most hated franchise in the league. Answer me why this is? Because we are successful. All you here from our organization is that it's like a family, with nothing but positive stories. One player on our team has said one negative comment in I don't know how long, yet NFL fans can't wait to put our team down. It's because they still have the sour taste of the 80s in their mouth and our decade of irrelevancy wasn't enough to get it out. Now that the entire league can see that we are on the precipice of something great they want to drag us back down. Everybody is currently swinging from the genitalia of the despicable Seahawks who are currently going for the record of dirty pee tests in a season. A team who has literally done nothing in there entire existence, tasted success and now their players and fans both can't stop raving about their current dynasty. Am I wrong or was Carol and the Hawks mediocre at best until they had Harbaugh to copy? They do everything in their power to be like us and now they are the shining apple of the league? They are a safe team to secretly root for, because even if they win a superbowl it will only be their first. No we didn't win a superbowl last year but neither did the Giants, where were they at for the playoffs by the way? The reason everybody is so willing to hate Jim is because he is arguably the best coach in the league two seasons in. The reason everybody is searching the internet looking for 49ers articles to post, "Ravens have it better, ha ha i'm so clever" is because they know deep down inside them that we are a damn good football team. They know that regardless of the franchise they support, we are the team they don't want to see on their schedule. We are the 49ers and the 49ers faithful. We are back, like it or not.

Sore from the 80's? Seriously? So now we channel the success of a team twenty years ago to the present day? How old were you in 1994? Now you're saying jim harb is THE best coach in the league? This is a perfect example, you 49ers fans strike me as too self satisfied for a team that hasn't won in two decades. Yes the giants didn't win it last season and that's why we we're not gloating. Are you going to bring up your multiple superbowl wins? The giants have 4 sbs, the pats have 3. Steelers have 6. At least all of these teams have won in the last TEN years; all of these teams have been very successful the past TEN years. Not a mere TWO seasons. None of that matters to those fan bases though because always the eye is on winning. Once again, keep your head down and your eye on the prize until YOU WIN SOMETHING. To a MUCH higher degree however this also goes for the Seahawks.

Why are you here again?
I'm Ready For Our Quest...

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Youngone:

2. Giants fan butthurt.

3. ??????????

4. Profit

Funny how they didn't come by here when we were winning 6 games a year. They now wanna know what the best teams fans are talking about

It feels good, doesn't it?

And now they are here, trying to make us feel guilty for having pride in our team despite the fact that we didn't win the Superbowl.

Thats supposed to be our fault? We root for the Niners and hope our boys can win on Sundays. Easy as that. Well let the guys in pads do the real talking on the field come September.
I am seriously surprised by your lack of hunger and your rush to pat this organization on the back. After almost a decade of incompetence you seem awfully forgiving. I suppose 49ers fans are easy to please these days. Used to be 49ers fans demanded results, oh well.

Girlfriend cheat on you with a niners fan?
Is this jackass Giants fan really talking about the Ravens? Really? He must not be paying attention. The Ravens aren't going to get within shouting distance of the playoffs for quite a few seasons to come. While this jackass Giants fan was stuffing folded pizza in his pie hole, the Ravens organization was not so quietly saying "one and take it apart!"

Is there anything worse than Giants fan? Maybe these days, you can point to Seahawks fan. But really, the Niners as a franchise have basically handed the Giants two of their championships on a fricking silver platter. Four championships? I got yer four championships right ere!
Sore from the 80's? Seriously? So now we channel the success of a team twenty years ago to the present day? How old were you in 1994? Now you're saying jim harb is THE best coach in the league? This is a perfect example, you 49ers fans strike me as too self satisfied for a team that hasn't won in two decades. Yes the giants didn't win it last season and that's why we we're not gloating. Are you going to bring up your multiple superbowl wins? The giants have 4 sbs, the pats have 3. Steelers have 6. At least all of these teams have won in the last TEN years; all of these teams have been very successful the past TEN years. Not a mere TWO seasons. None of that matters to those fan bases though because always the eye is on winning. Once again, keep your head down and your eye on the prize until YOU WIN SOMETHING. To a MUCH higher degree however this also goes for the Seahawks.

I said Harbaugh is arguably the best coach. He is easily top 10 and I would say if you are in the top 10 of anything you could argue that you are the best. We are the defending NFC champions, so it's not like we haven't won anything. Also I believe we have the best W/L record spanning the last two seasons. The point is you don't see me on the Giants or any other website s**t talking that team or yelling rah rah 49ers. I am on my own teams website giving my opinion on their recent success. Why are you here? Please answer this question. You are keeping tabs on the 49ers and there is a reason for that. What do we have besides these last two seasons? Am I as a 49ers fan supposed to keep talking about the dark times or be excited and talk about recent success? I personally do not go around the internet gloating about the 49ers. I stay on this site and post my opinions to fellow 49ers fans. When fans of other teams come to our territory, are we to just back down and say yes Giants fan you are right my team is garbage and your team is awesome. I am an optimist, and I like to talk about the positive attributes of my team. You are here to poke at us and downplay our success while highlighting our failures. You don't want us to shove our past and recent success in your face then don't shove our past and recent failures in ours. When you come to this site and attack the only option is to defend. If you want to have an actual conversation about the team then don't start it by talking crap.
Originally posted by jvangeystel:

I said Harbaugh is arguably the best coach. He is easily top 10 and I would say if you are in the top 10 of anything you could argue that you are the best. We are the defending NFC champions, so it's not like we haven't won anything. Also I believe we have the best W/L record spanning the last two seasons. The point is you don't see me on the Giants or any other website s**t talking that team or yelling rah rah 49ers. I am on my own teams website giving my opinion on their recent success. Why are you here? Please answer this question. You are keeping tabs on the 49ers and there is a reason for that. What do we have besides these last two seasons? Am I as a 49ers fan supposed to keep talking about the dark times or be excited and talk about recent success? I personally do not go around the internet gloating about the 49ers. I stay on this site and post my opinions to fellow 49ers fans. When fans of other teams come to our territory, are we to just back down and say yes Giants fan you are right my team is garbage and your team is awesome. I am an optimist, and I like to talk about the positive attributes of my team. You are here to poke at us and downplay our success while highlighting our failures. You don't want us to shove our past and recent success in your face then don't shove our past and recent failures in ours. When you come to this site and attack the only option is to defend. If you want to have an actual conversation about the team then don't start it by talking crap.

as they say in NY, WORD SON
If I ever hear one Giants fan admit that in both their NFC Championship games in SF, the Niners had them on the ropes and basically gave the game away, it will be the first time. But of course everyone who is not a Giants fan knows that to be the case. In both cases, the Giants were damn lucky to get out of town with a win and I have yet to hear ANY Giants fan ever acknowledge that fact. That's really the only reason I have a low opinion of Giants fans. If the tables were turned, I would readily admit that the Niners were lucky because it would happen to be the truth.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
If I ever hear one Giants fan admit that in both their NFC Championship games in SF, the Niners had them on the ropes and basically gave the game away, it will be the first time. But of course everyone who is not a Giants fan knows that to be the case. In both cases, the Giants were damn lucky to get out of town with a win and I have yet to hear ANY Giants fan ever acknowledge that fact. That's really the only reason I have a low opinion of Giants fans. If the tables were turned, I would readily admit that the Niners were lucky because it would happen to be the truth.

Those two NFC Championship losses were gifts.