There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ESPN - Future Power Rankings - #1 49ers

dynasty? this fool talking about dynasties? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Originally posted by AllDente:
NY Giants fan here. I've been reading here and there how the Niner's are the team to beat or how they are now a dynasty. I respect the Niners, but is it too much to ask that the 49ers WIN SOMETHING FIRST before we declare them the team to beat in the NFL?

The Ravens have had a better track record than the 49ers in the last two years (in addition to the last five years) and have a young QB who's going into his prime. What have the 49ers accomplished these last to years that the Ravens haven't? I can tell you what the Ravens have accomplished that the 49ers haven't. Same with the Giants, Saints, Pats and Steelers...and all of those teams have been successful for a much longer time and have gotten more results.

The bottom line is this, the 49ers have accomplished nothing as of recent that would make them THE team to beat in the NFL. Scores of other teams have accomplished what they've accomplished recently. They're not the most successful franchise in the last ten years. They're not the most successful franchise in the last five seasons. They're not even the most successful franchise in the last two seasons, that distinction goes to the Ravens.

49ers are a good team, but you're talking potential dynasties. You have to win one before you can even use the word dynasty without being laughed at. In conclusion, WIN SOMETHING FIRST! Then puff your chest. For now, keep your head down and your eye on the prize.

The article talks about how the 49ers are the next team likely to have a dynasty. "WIN SOMETHING FIRST" That's the whole point of the article, is that they are PREDICTING future success for the 49ers.

I don't know what is so difficult to understand about that. We are not claiming that we are currently a dynasty.
A team has to be lucky. Just a thought, if not for a fumble and a goal line stand the 49ers would be going for three in a row and # 8.
NY Giants fan here. I've been reading here and there how the Niner's are the team to beat or how they are now a dynasty. I respect the Niners, but is it too much to ask that the 49ers WIN SOMETHING FIRST before we declare them the team to beat in the NFL?

The Ravens have had a better track record than the 49ers in the last two years (in addition to the last five years) and have a young QB who's going into his prime. What have the 49ers accomplished these last to years that the Ravens haven't? I can tell you what the Ravens have accomplished that the 49ers haven't. Same with the Giants, Saints, Pats and Steelers...and all of those teams have been successful for a much longer time and have gotten more results.

The bottom line is this, the 49ers have accomplished nothing as of recent that would make them THE team to beat in the NFL. Scores of other teams have accomplished what they've accomplished recently. They're not the most successful franchise in the last ten years. They're not the most successful franchise in the last five seasons. They're not even the most successful franchise in the last two seasons, that distinction goes to the Ravens.

49ers are a good team, but you're talking potential dynasties. You have to win one before you can even use the word dynasty without being laughed at. In conclusion, WIN SOMETHING FIRST! Then puff your chest. For now, keep your head down and your eye on the prize.

Do you really believe the Ravens even have a shot at a title this year? Is Flacco even worth half the salary he was given? They completely decimated their team to give a slightly above average quarterback a record breaking deal. It sounds to me like your are doing what every NFL fan hates the 49ers fans doing. Bragging about your team winning superbowls in the past. The reason why your even on this website is because you know who the team to beat is. It's not the Giants and it's damn sure not the Ravens. The 49ers are becoming the most hated franchise in the league. Answer me why this is? Because we are successful. All you here from our organization is that it's like a family, with nothing but positive stories. One player on our team has said one negative comment in I don't know how long, yet NFL fans can't wait to put our team down. It's because they still have the sour taste of the 80s in their mouth and our decade of irrelevancy wasn't enough to get it out. Now that the entire league can see that we are on the precipice of something great they want to drag us back down. Everybody is currently swinging from the genitalia of the despicable Seahawks who are currently going for the record of dirty pee tests in a season. A team who has literally done nothing in there entire existence, tasted success and now their players and fans both can't stop raving about their current dynasty. Am I wrong or was Carol and the Hawks mediocre at best until they had Harbaugh to copy? They do everything in their power to be like us and now they are the shining apple of the league? They are a safe team to secretly root for, because even if they win a superbowl it will only be their first. No we didn't win a superbowl last year but neither did the Giants, where were they at for the playoffs by the way? The reason everybody is so willing to hate Jim is because he is arguably the best coach in the league two seasons in. The reason everybody is searching the internet looking for 49ers articles to post, "Ravens have it better, ha ha i'm so clever" is because they know deep down inside them that we are a damn good football team. They know that regardless of the franchise they support, we are the team they don't want to see on their schedule. We are the 49ers and the 49ers faithful. We are back, like it or not.

You don't think we are at least considered a top three team in the league? Since Harbaugh and Baalke took over, which was two short years ago, we have two division titles, and NFC champsionship and came 7 yards from a Superbowl, in two years. It took John H. and the Ravens awhile to even make it to the superbowl.

Yeah they won it, but we sure as hell have a good chance to win it this year.

We have the best talent in the league. We have one of the best coaches in the league. We just put it together with a franchise quarterback.
Talent alone doesn't win championships, there are a lot of other factors, but we have every reason to be excited about our team.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jun 25, 2013 at 12:56 AM ]

You're assuming as if this insider article on ESPN.com reflects the entire fanbase, and their opinion of the team, when really, it's another story. -Some fans are overzealous, but most are just thankful to be back in the playoffs, nobody's tooting their own horns here. -All that juvenile behavior is going on up north of us in Seattle (aka, that team which hasn't even won a Superbowl, period, yet gets picked every year to win the division, when it lacks depth, and a quality head coach to carry it through the playoffs).

Nobody's pulling a rabbit out of their ass, but this isn't the 00s Eagles, this team is gonna get itself at least one Lombardi within the next 3 years, simply due to the fact that the NFC powerhouses of the 00s are dieing out/have mediocre coaches, and the once powerful AFC teams are now aging/losing is signature vets.

You're assuming as if this insider article on ESPN.com reflects the entire fanbase, and their opinion of the team, when really, it's another story. -Some fans are overzealous, but most are just thankful to be back in the playoffs, nobody's tooting their own horns here. -All that juvenile behavior is going on up north of us in Seattle (aka, that team which hasn't even won a Superbowl, period, yet gets picked every year to win the division, when it lacks depth, and a quality head coach to carry it through the playoffs).

Nobody's pulling a rabbit out of their ass, but this isn't the 00s Eagles, this team is gonna get itself at least one Lombardi within the next 3 years, simply due to the fact that the NFC powerhouses of the 00s are dieing out/have mediocre coaches, and the once powerful AFC teams are now aging/losing is signature vets.
Giants fans, they never change.
Originally posted by xtm059:
SOOOOO HAPPY singletary got fired. He was such a dope. I drove 15 miles to have a cigar with my niners buds when I heard the news. And then, boom, harbaugh. Had a cigar and a beer. The only way I'd be happier about where the team is would be if we hadnt been cheated out of a superbowl.

Though you do have to give credit for him (1) fixing Vernon Davis' ego and (2) drafting the defense and offensive line pieces. But that is about it.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by xtm059:
SOOOOO HAPPY singletary got fired. He was such a dope. I drove 15 miles to have a cigar with my niners buds when I heard the news. And then, boom, harbaugh. Had a cigar and a beer. The only way I'd be happier about where the team is would be if we hadnt been cheated out of a superbowl.

Though you do have to give credit for him (1) fixing Vernon Davis' ego and (2) drafting the defense and offensive line pieces. But that is about it.

Singletary had plenty of good traits. His toughness rubbed off on us and our players were totally subservient to the new coach. They were also unselfish and team first. Singletary just didn't have the football education and he didn't let the people that knew what they were doing have control to do their jobs. Jim harbaugh walked into a near ideal situation.

At least understand what you are getting all upset about before you do.

fu·ture /ˈfyo͞oCHər/

Noun
The time or a period of time following the moment of speaking or writing; time regarded as still to come.

Adjective
At a later time; going or likely to happen or exist: "the needs of future generations".

Synonyms
noun. futurity - hereafter - tomorrowadjective. coming - prospective - unborn - forthcoming - next
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Do you really believe the Ravens even have a shot at a title this year? Is Flacco even worth half the salary he was given? They completely decimated their team to give a slightly above average quarterback a record breaking deal. It sounds to me like your are doing what every NFL fan hates the 49ers fans doing. Bragging about your team winning superbowls in the past. The reason why your even on this website is because you know who the team to beat is. It's not the Giants and it's damn sure not the Ravens. The 49ers are becoming the most hated franchise in the league. Answer me why this is? Because we are successful. All you here from our organization is that it's like a family, with nothing but positive stories. One player on our team has said one negative comment in I don't know how long, yet NFL fans can't wait to put our team down. It's because they still have the sour taste of the 80s in their mouth and our decade of irrelevancy wasn't enough to get it out. Now that the entire league can see that we are on the precipice of something great they want to drag us back down. Everybody is currently swinging from the genitalia of the despicable Seahawks who are currently going for the record of dirty pee tests in a season. A team who has literally done nothing in there entire existence, tasted success and now their players and fans both can't stop raving about their current dynasty. Am I wrong or was Carol and the Hawks mediocre at best until they had Harbaugh to copy? They do everything in their power to be like us and now they are the shining apple of the league? They are a safe team to secretly root for, because even if they win a superbowl it will only be their first. No we didn't win a superbowl last year but neither did the Giants, where were they at for the playoffs by the way? The reason everybody is so willing to hate Jim is because he is arguably the best coach in the league two seasons in. The reason everybody is searching the internet looking for 49ers articles to post, "Ravens have it better, ha ha i'm so clever" is because they know deep down inside them that we are a damn good football team. They know that regardless of the franchise they support, we are the team they don't want to see on their schedule. We are the 49ers and the 49ers faithful. We are back, like it or not.

Sore from the 80's? Seriously? So now we channel the success of a team twenty years ago to the present day? How old were you in 1994? Now you're saying jim harb is THE best coach in the league? This is a perfect example, you 49ers fans strike me as too self satisfied for a team that hasn't won in two decades. Yes the giants didn't win it last season and that's why we we're not gloating. Are you going to bring up your multiple superbowl wins? The giants have 4 sbs, the pats have 3. Steelers have 6. At least all of these teams have won in the last TEN years; all of these teams have been very successful the past TEN years. Not a mere TWO seasons. None of that matters to those fan bases though because always the eye is on winning. Once again, keep your head down and your eye on the prize until YOU WIN SOMETHING. To a MUCH higher degree however this also goes for the Seahawks.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
You don't think we are at least considered a top three team in the league? Since Harbaugh and Baalke took over, which was two short years ago, we have two division titles, and NFC champsionship and came 7 yards from a Superbowl, in two years. It took John H. and the Ravens awhile to even make it to the superbowl.

So because of only two good seasons after an awful decade, Niner fans pump their chest and declare things like they're the team to beat, talk about dynasties, and start comparing this team to 49ers teams of old? Until the 49ers win something, it's all just talk, and talk is cheap. The 49ers are a good team, and a legitimate favorite to win the SB, but offseason declarations and rankings are worthless. Go to a Giants page, and see if there are any of these kinds of articles: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1680607-how-the-san-francisco-49ers-became-the-nfls-team-to-beat-for-2013-14

Go to a Ravens page. Go to a Steelers page, or a Saints page. Go a Pats page. Only on niner and hawk sites do you see this. For teams that actually win championships, their fanbase only cares about the team improving the next season. Declaring yourself "#1" or "the team to beat" or "the next dynasty" in the offseason is Loser Talk 101.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Originally posted by BrianGO:
We have the best talent in the league. We have one of the best coaches in the league. We just put it together with a franchise quarterback.
Talent alone doesn't win championships, there are a lot of other factors, but we have every reason to be excited about our team.

I am seriously surprised by your lack of hunger and your rush to pat this organization on the back. After almost a decade of incompetence you seem awfully forgiving. I suppose 49ers fans are easy to please these days. Used to be 49ers fans demanded results, oh well.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home